newb from Georgia

-

peltjd

Reaction score
Hi, got a 1966 Dart a few weeks back. It wasn't necessarily what i was looking for but am loving it.

I was looking for a good bodied hotrod or muscle car that i could use as a daily driver. i looked at a lot of p.o.s. with nice V8's but were falling apart. Last minute i called the guy with the dart and went and checked it out. The dart was restored about 10 years ago so it's very clean but has a /6. I have a 1969 318 that i'm about to rebuild and swap. So once it has power I will be content.

So once it has power I will be content.

Very seldom happens... contentment that is.
Welcome aboard, whereabouts in GA are you?
C

Welcome from Atlanta, '66 is one of the best years for a-bodies, you will see.

Thanks goldfish, I'm from Tallahassee and lived in Sarasota for a short while.

Welcome to FABO from Ft. Valley, GA.
Let me know when your ready to get rid of the Slant 6.

Later,
Bruce B.

Welcome aboard. I'm about 20 miles NE of Macon. Not really what you want? I'll take it. lol

Thanks 7071DartGTReg for the welcome but I have a hard time getting rid of old car stuff. I will be pulling the /6 as soon as I can.

Welcome to FABO. I bought a '65 Dart GT 273 1.5 yrs ago. Before moving to CA 9 yrs ago, I lived in Atlanta and worked in Kennesaw, the growing mega-suburb. Don't give up on the slant too quick. If you find a good carb they can run great. Several people have turbo-charged them and one runs low 11's I recall (see on YouTube). I drove a 225 Dart for 18 years ('til stolen).

Will you be hitting the Canton car cruises next season off Riverstone parkway?

North Georgia mopar club is having a mountain cruise this November.

-
Back