"Next Victim"

-
Denny's car and he is the builder. I am the truck/trailer driver, show and hotel scheduler, photographer and
keeper of archives, sometimes parts runner and full time critic.......also I am the big brother.

back to the original question, the currant mopar prostock motor is copied off of the rat, ain`t it ?

....back to the original question, the currant mopar prostock motor is copied off of the rat, ain't it ?
I meant the motor that is currently in the Wire Car (it's a small block) and I was asking if
anyone knew where they got it for the restoration.

See post #56 where the question was answered. (see motor in pic here)

attachment.php

As far as the engines currently being used in Pro-Stock "Copied off of the Rat" might be a little strong but I would
say "heavily influenced by the Rat" as that was the architecture that the NHRA was pushing at the time. To play by
the rules Mopar had to, in essence, invent a "better Rat".

back to the original question, the currant mopar prostock motor is copied off of the rat, ain`t it ?

not sure where the engineering came from but the valve configuration looks more like the cantered valves in a Rat than a Hemi....too me anyways.

I've been a fan of Don Carlton for a long time. I'm glad to see you guys build a tribute of the wire car. Does anyone know if the wire car ever made a pass down a track, and if it did, what kind of times did it run? Thanks, and good luck with the build.

I have sent a query to Joe (Pappas). I'll let you know what I hear from him.

John, where you not paying attention during the seminar in N.C.....

yes it made several passes....but only one that was a decent one. The lady that bought never made a full hard pass....she thought there was a problem and it was unstable....then (?) made a pass an said it had no issues...drove great. After that is was parked.

I forget who made the pass....think it was Stewart Pomeroy??

Joe Pappas just called me in response to my email. Joe said that Don Carlton never raced the Wire Car
as the opportunity never presented itself before his untimely passing.

It was initially sold to a lady racer who couldn't get a handle on the handling and ultimately pranged
the car in the right front. Subsequently she had a gentleman racer make a successful pass or two but
the times are unknown. I have no other information.

Suffice it to say that the Wire car would have been the next Mopar Missile.

Wow how did I miss this one getting started. I'm in subscribed!!!!

P.S. Thanks John for the email, I don't even have the car on the road yet and your showing me goodies I need to spend more money on. lol

Denny it's looking great so far.

Here it is:

Pictures%20429_zpsyrkb0eum.jpg

Wow! Learn something new all the time. And the photographer is another unique individual. Becky White was probably the most die hard female drag racing enthusiast I ever had the pleasure to meet. She had a publication called Quick Times Racing News for many years and was from Lincolnton, NC, near Mooresville.

And for anyone interested in more info on the wire car...http://www.allpar.com/racing/missile/wire-car.html

I actually meant a R5 Nascar engine

those motors are actually cheap for what you get....as I remember (when they were available) you could get one from pan to carb somewhere around 8K.

I sold a K to a builder in Florida doing just such a build. He had the yellow Dart....ground hugger AND show casing their aluminum Dana 60 they are producing, at the Nats last year. I have since seen the car in one of the Mopar magazines last fall.

Wow! Learn something new all the time. And the photographer is another unique individual.
Becky White was probably the most die hard female drag racing enthusiast I ever had the
pleasure to meet. She had a publication called Quick Times Racing News for many years
and was from Lincolnton, NC, near Mooresville.
I didn't know that....I just learned something new too!

Photos: HemiDenny in the Wire Car
Henderson2014094_zps86aa8ca2.jpg

Henderson2014096_zpsdcb4f1eb.jpg

I distinctly remember good ol' Denny saying to me a few years back "You know that 73' Duster of yours isn't really considered a true Muscle car, you need to convert it to a 70'or 71'. Looks like that statement isn't exactly accurate now..... is it ? :protest::protest:

This made me laugh!

-
Back