"Next Victim"

-
Pictures sent by Denny after clean-up tonight.

The stock rear wheel tubs will remain in place until the subframe is constructed.

IMG_20150219_170234_237_zpsvnjcsj5p.jpg

IMG_20150219_170530_259_zpsdzfwcyps.jpg

IMG_20150219_170327_137_zps5r5dysyk.jpg

I distinctly remember good ol' Denny saying to me a few years back "You know that 73' Duster of yours isn't really considered a true Muscle car, you need to convert it to a 70'or 71'. Looks like that statement isn't exactly accurate now..... is it ? :protest::protest:

Attachments

• Wire%20in%20Joes%20garage_zpspqs4ltph.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,155
so if the floor pan was in good shape and I have a feeling you may be back halfing it, why did you put in a new floor pan? just curious.

I didn't like where it was located.

the firewall and the floor (up to the back of the drivers seat) gets moved back 3"

the floor also gets raised at least an inch.

ya' know....factory-ish

I distinctly remember good ol' Denny saying to me a few years back "You know that 73' Duster of yours isn't really considered a true Muscle car, you need to convert it to a 70'or 71'. Looks like that statement isn't exactly accurate now..... is it ? :protest::protest:

Sill holds true....

once '73 hit the cars were primarily sold to grandmas, secretaries, college kids, etc.

ONLY the race cars (IMO) look cool with their factory-ish Pro stock looks....big tires and sittin' low, etc. The wire car was a 73 / 74?? so that is why this one will mimic it.

Believe me, with my green Hemi Duster, I had enough women tell me they had one like it in high school or college....you will be glad you changed it...just like I am on my silver car.

no worries....I wouldn't steer ya' wrong

......does anyone know where the current genuine Pro-Stock powerplant came from?
Quoting myself here since nobody has answered the question.

The Pro-Stock small block motor currently in the Wire Car came from Bob Glidden's
1979 NHRA Pro-Stock World Champion Plymouth Arrow. It sounds awesome!

I didn't like where it was located.

the firewall and the floor (up to the back of the drivers seat) gets moved back 3"

the floor also gets raised at least an inch.

ya' know....factory-ish

Plus didn't the '75+ models have different floor pans for catalytic converters? Required different seat tracks I think?

Awesome build, will be watching this one.

Why do I get the distinct feeling that you are no where near done cutting yet?

no doubt...as soon as the radiator support gets located by bracing...the front clip comes off.

once the frame is put in place, the inner wheel wells will get cut out in the back. Right now, I want to keep them in for support.

it's only sheet-metal....even though it is rust free....crazy, right?

Plus didn't the '75+ models have different floor pans for catalytic converters? Required different seat tracks I think?

Awesome build, will be watching this one.

and they are / were galvanized. ...along with the trunk pan.

lots of heat shields all along the exhaust screwed / bolted to the underside of the floor pan

Sill holds true....

once '73 hit the cars were primarily sold to grandmas, secretaries, college kids, etc.

ONLY the race cars (IMO) look cool with their factory-ish Pro stock looks....big tires and sittin' low, etc. The wire car was a 73 / 74?? so that is why this one will mimic it.

Believe me, with my green Hemi Duster, I had enough women tell me they had one like it in high school or college....you will be glad you changed it...just like I am on my silver car.

no worries....I wouldn't steer ya' wrong

I kow you wouldn't steer me wrong ......I was just ball bustin' a bit. What's the estimated time frame on the build ?

I guess I better subscribe or I'll get too far behind. Glimpsed in at the beginning, but wow this ain't taking long! Nice structure support system. It looks like just might have done this before!

Why do I think an R3 W8 motor similar to 90's pro stock truck would be extremely cool in this! Kinda ties in PS old and new while keeping the small block theme going..

and I know of a Patterson 426" W8 small block lol

Why do I think an R3 W8 motor similar to 90's pro stock truck would be extremely cool in this! Kinda ties in PS old and new while keeping the small block theme going..

and I know of a Patterson 426" W8 small block lol

Hmmmmmmm???

With the HDK.... ( I get a discount )...moved forward 2" and the firewall moved back 3", It will have all the room needed for any MOPAR powerplant.....including a V-10.....but that will not happen while I own it.

Current plan is to borrow and install my silver Dusters Hemi / trans w/od ....but that is subject to change.

I guess I better subscribe or I'll get too far behind. Glimpsed in at the beginning, but wow this ain't taking long! Nice structure support system. It looks like just might have done this before!

My thoughts as well :coffee2: so I brought an extra bucket for every one :happy1::happy1:

Speaking of preparation, where did you get those rods to hold the body's
integrity while cutting the floor out?

they are future support and control arms.....made from the 1" chromoly used for HDK hoops, UCA's and LCA's. When done, I will re-cycle them.

I added just a little more info to post #41.

If you remember the 78 Dodge Challenger painted like Sox & Martin, Clyde told me that was
Don's gold Rod Shop Colt rebodied. I watched Ronnie place the Chroma-Graphic lettering
(stick on) on that Challenger.
Pictures of the Dodge (Mitsubishi) Challenger Pro-Stock (AFX) car that Carl was referring to.

4278_zpsclbhllmm.jpg

sox%20mitsu%20chal%201_zpscgtgmrqs.jpg

Awesome story Carl! If you have any more like it I would love to read them. Thanks!

So is this Denny's car or Old Man Mopar? And a w8 would be Bitchin With a 6 speed. All out street legal road race/pikes peak

Denny's car and he is the builder. I am the truck/trailer driver, show and hotel scheduler, photographer and
keeper of archives, sometimes parts runner and full time critic.......also I am the big brother.

-
Back