NHL 23-24

-
Weird when the Jets pulled Wheelers "C" and remained a Jet. Gotta be awkward.
Yup. I thought the same thing when I heard about it, along with the phrase "hard feelings".

I guess he's a pretty decent guy, though.

Or at least he was (if he's changed) back when he played for Breck, and then the Gophers.

Amazing, they dropped Wheeler, Laine and Dubois and the Jets are BETTER for it.
And they have been without Kyle Connor for the last 8 or so games since a knee on knee hit in Anaheim in early December. Connor is still the top goal scorer with 17, but Scheifele and Ehlers are catching up.
Resigning Scheifele and Hellebuyck at the start of the season was key in my mind. Neiderreter and Namestnikov have been great additions as well. Plus Vilardi has been stellar in the absence of Connor.

Going into this year prior to Bucks extension, I was hoping the Leafs would "land" him as both Murray and Samsonov have been disappointments...
And they have been without Kyle Connor for the last 8 or so games since a knee on knee hit in Anaheim in early December. Connor is still the top goal scorer with 17, but Scheifele and Ehlers are catching up.
Resigning Scheifele and Hellebuyck at the start of the season was key in my mind. Neiderreter and Namestnikov have been great additions as well. Plus Vilardi has been stellar in the absence of Connor.

Going into this year prior to Bucks extension, I was hoping the Leafs would "land" him as both Murray and Samsonov have been disappointments...
I was streaming the Anaheim game last week and the Anaheim color man stated he felt that Hellebuyck is the best in the game.

Jets are up 1-0 on Columbus at the moment, goal from d man Brendan Dillon in just under 4 of play in the first.

I gotta agree, I haven't watched much Jets, but listen to the NHL network, and the stats are pretty damned good, They got the team concept nailed down.
He's a game changer/stealer. Leafs haven't had a consistent one of those in decades....Cujo, Belfour, Fuhr, Potivin. Nothing since that era....
I was streaming the Anaheim game last week and the Anaheim color man stated he felt that Hellebuyck is the best in the game.

Jets are up 1-0 on Columbus at the moment, goal from d man Brendan Dillon in just under 4 of play in the first.

I gotta agree, I haven't watched much Jets, but listen to the NHL network, and the stats are pretty damned good, They got the team concept nailed down.
He's a game changer/stealer. Leafs haven't had a consistent one of those in decades....Cujo, Belfour, Fuhr, Potivin. Nothing since that era....
Cole Perfetti made it 2-0 on a beautiful feed from behind the net, the Josh Morrissey fired a rocket from left wing making it 3-0 with about 7 minutes left in the second.

Guess who started the week in first place overall! 29 games and counting allowing 3 or fewer goals against, and 15 of the last 16 allowing 2 or less. Solid team defense and excellent goaltending, can they keep it going? Go Jets!
They are playing really well! I’m not a Jets fan but they have a great thing going even with some injuries. Hopefully they win a round or two in the playoffs too!

They are playing really well! I’m not a Jets fan but they have a great thing going even with some injuries. Hopefully they win a round or two in the playoffs too!
Canucks are having a great season as well, beat NYR last night and NYI tonight, right there at the top of the standings too. Really like their goal differential, wow!

Final score Jets 5, CBJ 0, a 29 save shutout for Hellebuyck. Points in 13 straight games, and now 30 games allowing 3 or fewer goals against, and 2 or less in 15 or 16 of those.

Canucks are having a great season as well, beat NYR last night and NYI tonight, right there at the top of the standings too. Really like their goal differential, wow!
Yeah the Canucks are playing well but I think they are over achieving. I’m not a Canucks fan either but how they played against the Rangers last night was a great hockey game!

Missed the last couple Lightning games.

Last night turned into a last minute surprise OT victory for the Bolts vs Kings after being down the entire game.

Jets winning streak snapped at a franchise record 8, lost 2-0 to Philadelphia, but keep the goals against to 3 or less for 32 games now, and 2 or less for 12. Flyers goaltender was red hot.

Bruins WIN in o.t. about time :thumbsup: :thumbsup:..Marchie notches 900 career points,many more to come ..Swayman on the allstar team well deserved!!!

Jets right back on the "W" side after dropping Saturday's game against Philly, taking on the Islanders tonight, final score Jets 4, Isles 2, extending the streak of allowing 3 or fewer goals to 33, and 13 straight games allowing 2 or less.
Kyle Connor returned after missing 16 games following the knee on knee hit against the Ducks looking like he hasn't missed a beat, still leads the team in goal scoring, potted his 18th tonight into an empty net, but had 6 shots on goal. Sorokin played well, got burned by a couple of bad breaks, Hellebuyck had another solid game, stopping 35 of 37 shots.

Does Rick Bowness still coach the Jets?

I was a big fan of his while he was the special teams coach in Tampa.

TBL owes a lot of their PP/PK success to him.

Was nice to see him get a head coach job, and IIRC the team started a turnaround that year.

Last edited:
Bowness has been the head coach since the start of last season. He's done an exceptional job of implementing the defense first mentality and the team has really bought in. Jets lead the league right now in goals against and are second only to the Canucks in goal differential with +44.

I heard TBL trounced the Wild pretty good last night.

...but was on streaming only.

I'm growing a fairly offensive bad taste for PPV streaming.

I understand Amazon bought a controlling interest in Bally network that has rights to all sorts of sports programming.

Grrrrr.

This can't be good for other media outlets like cable or broadcast, either.

While I was sulking and watching NHL live I did learn that Kucherov scored a goal on Henrik Lundquist with his first shot on his first shift in the NHL.
How cool is that?

-
Back