NHL 23-24

-
Agree 100%, stumbling goalies early on cost a few points. Klingberg injury? Bertuzzi underachieving(finding his groove now). The fix seems so "simple" from my chair lol.
IMO Leafs should be much better than they are given the talent.

Kucherov "shoot the puck more" simple fix seems to be working.

Now, for everyone else....

Thanks for the updates guys, not sure why but I have not got any updates that this thread was getting anything posted on it? Odd? As a result I have not looked at it in many a moon. I figured it just kind of faded away. Should have known better. Hockey fans are real!
Go Jets, this is the year. I think I said that last year too? Well and maybe the year before as well? Sigh……
Jets have strayed some from what got them to the top lately. Last night was a great example of what not to do against a good team. Dallas was all over them in the first period with 3 goals. Hellebuyck was left to fend for himself after a brutal giveaway and a complete lack of ability to clear the zone. They had some pushback in the second period, with a power play goal, but the Stars were the better team. Losing Vilardi didn't help, hopefully he won't be out more than a couple games.

Jets at Carolina early game today, Carolina scores 3 times in the 2nd period, Jets had looked a little sluggish until the start of the 3rd, then bang, bang, bang, and it's tied at 3 with 15 minutes left in the period. Jets complete the comeback with a final score of 5-3, Sean Monahan with the game winner. Monahan's one of those guys you hate, unless their on your team, now has 7 goals since being traded from Montreal.
First time since Oct 2019 the Jets come back from a 3-0 deficit, back to sitting at the top of the central division with 3 games in hand over Dallas. Looking forward to tomorrow's game in Buffalo.

OK. I am a native Texan, and a true Bruins fan since I was in Boston when 9 years old for a major retina surgery, since I had already lost my right eye. Long story short, the Bruins score keeper (Tony Nota) took me under his wing, and not only took me to games, but also in the locker room several times. I, personlly met Orr, Esposito, Cheever, Bucyk, Hodge, Sanderson, etc. It was the 69-70 season, and it was crazy in the old Gardens. I went back to Boston and went on one of the last tours before it was torn down. The girl giving the tour would not allow anyone to go inside the sacred Boston locker room, and when I mentioned (in my deep Texas drawl) that I had been in there multiple times. She went silent for a few seconds, and then proceeded say "Okaaay, moving right along." I started to say something else, and my wife elbowed me to remind me that no one believed it.

Anyway, in my game room picture, that is a game used Gerry Cheevers stick from when I was there. And, so far as the jersey, it is custom made for me when I play (bubble) hockey. LOL. Maybe someday, my dream Stanley Cup Finals of Boston and Dallas will come true.

IMG_1555.JPG

Another 3rd period comeback, down 2-1 after 2, Jets scored 4 (2 empty netters) in the 3rd to take 'w' and reclaim top spot in the central division. Now 6-0 in the second half of back to back games, but they did look tired and a little sloppy at times. Sabres also played yesterday.
Keep up the good work!

Found this at Goodwill yesterday.

2017 100th anniversary edition.

Five bucks!

20240302_192010.jpg

20240302_192025.jpg

Bruins looked good about time..always nice beating up on the Leafs:):):)

And the Bruins beat up on the Leafs AGAIN :rofl: :rofl::rofl:..douche Mccabe with the cheapshot after the whistle on Marchard,that should cost him some money..oh by the way Leafs suck!!!

Too bad Marchand is not as refined in his pest role as Esa Tikkanen was. Esa was able to get under the oppositions skin without resorting to the tactics Marchand uses.

Too bad Marchand is not as refined in his pest role as Esa Tikkanen was. Esa was able to get under the oppositions skin without resorting to the tactics Marchand uses.

Tikkanen is a HASBEEN!!!

OK. I am a native Texan, and a true Bruins fan since I was in Boston when 9 years old for a major retina surgery, since I had already lost my right eye. Long story short, the Bruins score keeper (Tony Nota) took me under his wing, and not only took me to games, but also in the locker room several times. I, personlly met Orr, Esposito, Cheever, Bucyk, Hodge, Sanderson, etc. It was the 69-70 season, and it was crazy in the old Gardens. I went back to Boston and went on one of the last tours before it was torn down. The girl giving the tour would not allow anyone to go inside the sacred Boston locker room, and when I mentioned (in my deep Texas drawl) that I had been in there multiple times. She went silent for a few seconds, and then proceeded say "Okaaay, moving right along." I started to say something else, and my wife elbowed me to remind me that no one believed it.

Anyway, in my game room picture, that is a game used Gerry Cheevers stick from when I was there. And, so far as the jersey, it is custom made for me when I play (bubble) hockey. LOL. Maybe someday, my dream Stanley Cup Finals of Boston and Dallas will come true.

View attachment 1716215825
Great story!

I'm old enough to remember this, but just barely:
Untitled.jpg

Awesome comeback win for TBL vs 1st place NYR.

WAY different game if you tuned out in the first or early second.

Hat trick and 3 assists for B Point.

New guy DuClair 2 goals in 2 games with TB.

5 points for Kuch.

Also an awesome comeback by the Avalanche against the number one team in the West Vancouver coming back from 3 down in the second to win in OT and ended up sweeping Vancouver for the season.
The Avs are on fire at the right time

Wow!

TBL stuns 1st place FLA 5-3 in Miami.

We needed those points.

Great time to be getting hot.

That game was not broadcast in my area.
No info shown. Not even PPV.
WTF?

Jets took the Rangers out behind the barn tonight, outworked, outplayed, and outscored NYR in a great game that could be a preview of the Stanley Cup finals. Jets 4, Rangers 2.

For anyone who is interested, VIPLeague.com provides free live streaming for almost any sport imaginable. I watch all the Jets out of market games (which for me is most of them since I live in Alberta). I stream the games on my laptop connected to my tv via HDMI input. I will warn you that it can be a bit frustrating to get the feed started, and it will sometimes freeze during play, but it is free and typically offers a few different origin sources, at least 2 of which are HD.

-
Back