NHRA no longer aknowledge Chrysler

-
the trouble is they have all gotten so political.It makes me sick...its bad enough they let the foreign cars in NOW there letting rag heads sponsor them.hell there even in dirt track racing..DAM I think Ill go fly a kite but hell you probably can't get one of those made in the USA.anymore..........Artie

I bet the native Indians are saying: "Damn, they'll even let white guys own property!".

Sorry, but I really hate blanket racist statements.

In my opinion, NHRA became irrelevant when they reduced the races from 1320 ft to 1000 ft. I don't bother watching anymore.

I guess watching drivers die on tracks that were built for 200 mph cars was a lot more exciting huh?

I guess watching drivers die on tracks that were built for 200 mph cars was a lot more exciting huh?

they are going as fast at 1000 ft now as they were at 1320 feet..

so why not race 1/8....330 ft...or how about first one to the 60 ft clocks wins...

if you are concern for your safetly...sit in the stands...

no one is forcing anyone to get into a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car....

Yeah but at least they have 320 more feet to slow down.
I don't like the 1000 foot thing either, trust me. But I like seeing drivers die because their equipment has evolved beyond the facilities even less.

Yeah but at least they have 320 more feet to slow down.
I don't like the 1000 foot thing either, trust me. But I like seeing drivers die because their equipment has evolved beyond the facilities even less.

Maybe they should improve the equipment. Kinda like a disc conversion when you put a 440 in your 9"drum equipped Valiant..........

320 feet at 320 mph.....dont blink..cause you just ate up your cushion..

and maybe you should not park a camera hung from a manlift in the sand traps...so the funny car does not hit it and kill the driver went it goes into the sand trap...

320 feet at 320 mph.....dont blink..cause you just ate up your cushion..

and maybe you should not park a camera hung from a manlift in the sand traps...so the funny car does not hit it and kill the driver went it goes into the sand trap...

Ok I give, obviously you do that for a living and you know best.
You win.

yeah..we are all for safety...but dont see how 1000 ft is any safer then 1320 cause they are already running the same speed...

fix the tracks that are the problems.....at Las Vegas...the TF and FC dont even make it to the turn now..got to be pushed off the end of the track...

Old fart here. I had a very early NHRA comp #. Gave it up when they penalized any mopar, by upping the HP ratings on them . Gave up watching Nascrap, when they started the bs of-slow the mopars down.

If 500 were made- run whaycha brung.

I agree with fixing the tracks. Unfortunately not every track has the money needed in this economical environment. I was at the last race in Seattle. They have been trying to fight the county for two years to get a new track built. Quite the uphill climb. In the mean time, shortening the track seemed like the only option. It sucks, but to be honest, being there in person I didn't really seem to notice a whole lot of difference. I still saw great racing, and I saw two women win national events for the first time in history.

Apparently all the mopar fans are staying home at the NASCAR races. The stands are at less than two thirds capacity at most tracks anymore. And these nhra pro stock's are not even close to what the car started out as. It is a shame how uninteresting these two sanctions have become.

This was when the company had BALLS! Great ad.
yep- great text. Quoted for truth:
Now why would Ford or GM want to use a Chrysler engine when they make engines of their own?
The plain fact is, there isn't a Ford or GM engine used in Funny Car racing today with enough horsepower to put a Chrysler Hemi on the trailer.

i was just at Sears Point about 2 weeks ago...has long shut down up hill....

Just like the 1320 feet of racing..

NHRA can easliy slow the cars down...one mag...limit fuel pump volumn..and downsize the super charger...

Lest we forget, back in the day, - behind all those other guys engines,, were mopar CLUTCHFLITES... ta da... yessss...

Go back and look at how "favorable" NHRA was to the Hemi in Pro Stock when they used to factor based on wt/ci... factored out of being competitive because GM/ford cried like a bunch of bitches. Gliddens arrow got the same treatment, IIRC

At least now the nhra idiots in charge can't factor AJ out of contention with a change in ci or weight since they went to the max ci, min wt format.

Nascrap is a GM show, not a gm/ford show. Fords got the short end in most every decision from that group. When Kenseth won the championship they were PISSED at the nascrap HQ's. Go back and look at the history of penalty handed down up to about 2000. Ford teams got hammered, while the same basic infraction for GM and specifically hendrick teams got a slap on the wrist. Ask Mark Martin and Greg Biffle if you want about championships stolen from them... Even Earnhardt said the issue with Marks car at Martinsville was not the reason he won, it didn't matter one bit to the result. Those that are in the ring, so to speak, know better than to speak honestly about what they really think. Nascrap is one of the most dishonest and corrupt racing organizations around.

Only good thing about fuel racing in nhra anymore are courtney's titties.. :D
lmao yessir you are right again:prayer:

yeah..we are all for safety...but dont see how 1000 ft is any safer then 1320 cause they are already running the same speed...

fix the tracks that are the problems.....at Las Vegas...the TF and FC dont even make it to the turn now..got to be pushed off the end of the track...

Beyond the cost of lengthening the tracks shut down area, there is another factor of room. In some cases there is simply no room for an expanded shutdown area. For example, at Englishtown, NJ. Pension Rd crosses with in yards of the end of the shut down area. I suppose they could reverse the track and add a few hundred feet to it, but I doubt the township would allow the staging lanes and the starting line noise so close to the highway. It would also cost a ton to do.

There are also a number of situations where the track owners do not own the property beyond the existing shut down area, and, as would be expected, the property owner whats a fortune for the extra land, either via sale or lease.

As far as building new strips with longer shutdown areas, I can't imagine what the government regulations would be. I'd imagine that drag racing fans are a minority of the population, and even a bigger minority in Federal, state, and local governments.

It seems to me that for the purposes of continuity we will either have to live with 1000 foot racing or slower cars.

-
Back