"Nice car"

-

DRENO

Reaction score
Do you get that comment a lot? Do you get tired of hearing it? I went for a cruise last night and got three of them.No,I don't get tired of them and I seem to get a fair amount of them.Specially nice when you get a comment from someone in another classic car,especially a Mopar.Even better,last night the guy was driving a beautiful 67 Dart vert.Makes the cruise that much better. :thumleft:

The ones I hate are the people who don't know jack about cars: Nice car
you got there. What you got for a motor? Hemi? You can see the 340 call
outs on the stripe. Duh! Dumb a##!

The ones I hate are the people who don't know jack about cars: Nice car
you got there. What you got for a motor? Hemi? You can see the 340 call
outs on the stripe. Duh! Dumb a##!

I'll do ya one better.....

While they are standing in front of my car, looking at the front end, where there is a vanity plate that says " '72 " they ask "SO what year is it?

LOL

They dont know.

At the gas it up stations and most every time I drive her I get some one looking and giving me a thumbs up :thumbup: I get this allot DRENO, Doese it have the Slant 6 in it ? Those are great motors :thumleft:
I like it :smile:and it strikes up conversations with the young and old :toothy2: They just can't figure out what year she is :lol:

I don't get to drive my duster as its still a work in progress.

But I do get "your not done with that thing yet?" lol

I was mopar hunting yesterday and was totally out of my element. I generally can name ANY car just from looking at the front/rear.

I thought I seen a mopar a long time ago on the highway decided to try the guy.... it was a ford with a bumblebee/superbee stripe. Threw me off insanely. So in his garage theres another room and something appears to be a pontiac or oldsmobile..... its a torino... i could only see the fender and it had no bumper on it... worse, i seen a car lodged in his stack of cars and could only see the side, it shared similar curves to a monte carlo but it was a buick century... This never happened to me before :( !!!

I get that comment all the time when I'm out in the 66. I also get the "I haven't seen one of those in years"..."What year Nova is that?" and "My mom used to have one of those years ago!!" Its all part of the enjoyment of our hobby. Geof

when I started driving the Scamp again a couple years ago I had forgotten the response it received. Mostly from little kids (lots of "WHOOOAAAAA Nice car!!!" and thumbs up). One little guy about 4 who pulled his mom's arm as he turned to point at my car as I went by.

But my favorite is still in my Stealth- the kid who was riding in his dad's Trash Am. As I met them on the road he stood on the passenger seat, out the t-top, so he could give me the thumbs up:lol:

I always like getting nice comments on my car. The only thing is you always get someone who is always looking for something wrong on your car, no matter if its a paint chip, flaw in the paint work, oil leak, anything. They can not just enjoy the hobby.

Me and a lady friend were idling around Ocean Beach in San Diego where I used to live in the Jensen Interceptor (factory 440) and this was before we had installed the 4 corner "bob truck" springs so the suspension was soft. We just put the headers and flow master 2 chambers w H pipe. Loping down the main street in town blipping the throttle occasionally.

There was a bunch of those hippie kids all on the corner waving at us to rev it up, and saying "sweet ride" comments.

I was in first and spontaneously just punched it half way to the floor. Since the springs were soft, the nose jumped 2 feet up at the sky and the car let out a balls vibrating roar that ecohed down the street. 10 people started yelling "yeaaaaaaa - whooooo!" and people actually started clapping. Must have been 10 more people just stopped in their tracks and looked.

My lady friend looked over at me with that " blinking eyeball look" and I felt pretty much like a haus at that moment.

I'll do ya one better.....

While they are standing in front of my car, looking at the front end, where there is a vanity plate that says " '72 " they ask "SO what year is it?

LOL

They dont know.

its better then nice camaro..lol

I have gotten "nice car" from a guy in a 71 Challenger and another from a guy in a Cobra kit car. It felt good.:thumblef:

I even get "nice car" and thumbs up with my ol' Dart. Someday it will have shiny paint and I'll know they really mean it. LOL

Attachments

• 100_3924.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 520
Do you get that comment a lot? Do you get tired of hearing it? I went for a cruise last night and got three of them.No,I don't get tired of them and I seem to get a fair amount of them.Specially nice when you get a comment from someone in another classic car,especially a Mopar.Even better,last night the guy was driving a beautiful 67 Dart vert.Makes the cruise that much better. :thumleft:

No, only time it gets hard is when they call it a Nova :) and then when you try to explain its not a Nova their eyes glaze over as if they are zombies and they walk away mumbling lol.

When I get comments, sometimes it'll throw me off a little because I am thinking about something else. Doesn't matter what I'm driving at the time, I'll say 'thanks' and if they ask more I'll tell them more about the car (I also own Ford, Buick, and a "Buzuki" XL-7. The Buzuki gets no comments beyond "What is that?," it's the wife's rig)

It happened today, I was drying off Goldie and a lady says 'beautiful car, what year is it?' Poor little guy needs some work done so I don't drive him much, it was nice to hear and to see the lady smile.

I love just getting to head turns while driving and the thumbs up people really piss me off when they want to point out flaws......

I love just getting to head turns while driving and the thumbs up people really piss me off when they want to point out flaws......

That happened to me also. When I first got my Swinger some greasy slob said to me "wonder how much bondo is in that thing?" I responded with "where's yours?".........silence. haha

That happened to me also. When I first got my Swinger some greasy slob said to me "wonder how much bondo is in that thing?" I responded with "where's yours?".........silence. haha

I agree, but it is nice to get a compliment on your car. It makes it worth all the sweat and work you put into it. The only thing that drives me crazy is the "I had one of those" comments which I usually get at least once every show or cruise in.

My Coronet has no badges. Everyone asks what is it or is that a Coronet. Noone says nice Coronet because they arent sure. Do get a lot of nice car and quite a few thats bad *** though.

-
Back