Nite Moves 67 Dart Restore

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello all. I wanted to share some pics of my Dart and progress. Im so new to this its unreal. Excited you bet. Its a 67 Dart with a 318 4 speed..came with car. Body frame all pretty good. Draw back, Found out it has 73 or newer doors and fenders. Sucks because there in real good shape but i want the car to look its age.Not sure about the 318...the 4 speed will stay. Lacking some interior...Headliner,carpet and some plastic pieces.Anyway i hope you enjoy my pics and if you see anything that needs any thing or attention..PLease let me know. Thanks Edd:cheers:

Attachments

• First day home 002.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 989
  • First day home 006.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 996
  • First day home 007.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 988
  • Day 1 of work on 67 001.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 989
  • Day 1 of work on 67 002.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 995
  • stage 2 001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,015
  • stage 2 003.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 991
  • HPIM0495.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 989
  • HPIM0496.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,013
  • HPIM0497.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 992
you need to spend a little more time on the details like pull that k frame and paint it black,only 4 bolts holds it in.sorry picky restorer here.You are replacing that upper bump stop right,you primed it.Also I see no hood springs?

8)The K frame is just sitting there..loose:read2:I have new bump stops yes.If you take a good look at my garage i have little room for stuff........IE my mom lives with me as of now and she has alot of stuff stored in here....hood springs i have not installed yet........Thanks.Opinions and thoughts always welcome.

Looking great
Love the car and the work.
When it comes to building a car I think it's suppose to be what the builder and owner wants. I feel that useless you a building a concourse restoration it's up to you.
I too am building a car I always wanted and I'm going with some unique color combinations that the mopar traditionalists will never approve of.
Enjoy your build and have fun

Most parts interchange with 68/69, but you need to be careful with all the exterior shiney trim, 67 was a one year car for trim, don't lose or damage window trim, or you grille and headlight buckets, very hard to find.

I dont have a front grille or headlight bezels for the 67......I have found one but waiting for a email back. I believe i have all the chrome trim..exterior. I got the car with alot of stuff dismantelrd. The previous owner was getting started to restore when it came to just sitting.This is going to be a regular driving car. Not planning on spending a ton of money(dont have it)to show it only. Drive it so all can see it..........Thats my plan. As for the 318 not sure..more than likely it will go back in.Extra cash for the car.

Its coming slow but coming.Trying to take advantage of somewhat decent temps. Kerosene aint cheap:angry7: Going with a Dark grey exterior or Dark Purple.One of them for the body paint.I can only do so much at a time......Fumes and open flame i dont think works well.....LOL. Anyway here are a few new pics.Hope you enjoy.................:read2: Torsion bar sitting in place to see what the lower control arm looks like silver........First coat of black paint except around steering box.....Probly doing it all the wrong way................

Attachments

• HPIM0499.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 858
  • HPIM0501.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 854
  • HPIM0502.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 863
  • HPIM0503.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 867
  • HPIM0504.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 852
Looks like a fun project !

It's your choice what to paint the underhood area. In case you wanted the oem look - for certain the sheet metal should be the same as the body color, the K frame black. The steering chuck should be as cast, or maybe paint it cast iron, I'd paint the steering linkage and control arms black (they were probably bare originally). Just ask if you need guidance, we have all been there at one time or another.

About the fenders - sucks you dont have the 67 parts, but keep searching you will find them, they are out there !

Keep up the good work !

looking good nite moves..i need to get my son out to the shop to work on he's 73 dart..

You do LOl............Why!!!!!!!!
"The wheels look like factory Ford with the black groove around them (at least the 1 front 1 in the pic)". This looks like a decent car to start with Ed, I think it's going to look good when finished (I've seen your truck it looks like you take pride in your Mopars). Keep up the good work!

A few more pics............Sorry not the greatest...man is it dusty......The wiper motor is sitting in place loose as well as the master cylinder..Gave it a quick shot of black paint to see what it would look like????????Need a new one anyway.I got 1/3 of the underneath cleaned up wow...what a job getting off the undercoating ..THICK. Its clean enough for paint but its to dam cold.............Yes i painted over the silver..looks better i think..Power steering pump is hooked up while i was doing the front end,,,No need for leaking power steering fluid.:banghead:

Attachments

• HPIM0516.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 447
  • HPIM0517.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 460
  • HPIM0518.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 454
A few more pics............Sorry not the greatest...man is it dusty......The wiper motor is sitting in place loose as well as the master cylinder..Gave it a quick shot of black paint to see what it would look like????????Need a new one anyway.I got 1/3 of the underneath cleaned up wow...what a job getting off the undercoating ..THICK. Its clean enough for paint but its to dam cold.............Yes i painted over the silver..looks better i think..Power steering pump is hooked up while i was doing the front end,,,No need for leaking power steering fluid.:banghead:
Looking real good! Keep up the good work:thumleft:

-
Back