No Water Pressure

-
Kept the faucets dripping, evidently that wasn't enough. Woke up to no water pressure. Looked under the house first to see any signs of leaks. Dry as a bone. Traced about where the pipe is buried out to the well and no wet ground. Go to the well, nothing wet there and pressure gauge shows about 12 PSI. Can it be frozen with nothing busted? Well is not running. I went ahead and turned the power off. Any of you know about wells?
Loosen the pipe closest to the pump and go from there.

Slush won't flow, if they hard freeze, the pipe will split. Maybe an electric heat rap, like they use for pipes in mobile homes. Insulation alone won't always do it.

He got it now guys
Yes sir. That's what it was. That was the only TINY section I did not insulate. That beeotch will be wrapped to kingdom come and back here in an hour or three when the Ace Hardware opens. lol Ray's hair dryer trick did it. Thank you Ray!

Kind of a plan "B" if things get really bad like no water, no power for extended periods.

150 gallons Charcoal filtered water on portable trailer. Gravity feed or 12 volt pump. Of course want to keep it from freezing.

Can share or deliver water to others that are out of service.

Can easily fill here or from one of the neighbor's wells at a moment's notice.

Screenshot_20221224-084136_Gallery.jpg

Can it be frozen with nothing busted?

Yes, I had one freeze up in Florida years ago. It had a wooden enclosure around it so I just stuck a heat lamp inside the box and within an hour I had water. I don't think it gets to the point of a hard freeze, just enough to stop the flow.

He got it now guys
I did, but it did it again. The hair dryer worked again. We got in the Escape to go into town for some insulation to insulate the rest and the Escape won't go. LOL It gets to highway speed and starts laying down. It's had a bad valve in the fuel pump for some time and I have a new pump, just not gotten a round to installing it. It wouldn't even pull out of the driveway until it sat there and warmed completely up. I went to start Vixen and she turned over really slow. lol. I put the charger on her on 40 amp boost and BAM she popped right off. I swear that little car is our saving grace it seems like every time. So, since I'm stil in the middle of the engine swap in the truck, we're officially down to one car. LOL It's ok. We could be without heat and water and we're not and it's Christmas Eve and we and all the cats are well. We are blessed.

Kind of a plan "B" if things get really bad like no water, no power for extended periods.

150 gallons Charcoal filtered water on portable trailer. Gravity feed or 12 volt pump. Of course want to keep it from freezing.

Can share or deliver water to others that are out of service.

Can easily fill here or from one of the neighbor's wells at a moment's notice.

View attachment 1716025779
That's a good idea and takes money which we never have any extra of. This coming year is looking a little better, though.

Yep the builders supply store was open today Mon. We were there at 6:45 to get some PVC fittings!!!! Pipes at house were all good, but a few blown pipes at the barn/lots/ I now this is SE Tx. but I am getting some frost free hydrants! My bud in Ms. asked what the heck are such!!

I thought the Earth was getting too warm or some crap? Glad Rusty's getting it going-ish. If you're still fighting it, an incandescent bulb (They're trying to ban those too) in the vicinity is usually enough if it's enclosed.

rusty no idea how your well is set up, but what I used to do when Mom was still on the place, was I wired up two sockets IN SERIES and used two bulbs but off 120V. This means they are on 1/2 voltage and last forever. The wattage output is 1/4 of listed. AKA if you have a pair of 100W bulbs in series, they become a 25W heater--which for our wellhouse, was more than enough.

Texas and cold weather....power can go out for several days. Two years ago this coming Feb. record cold for several days.... 5 above low, high around 13 or so... 99% of our a/c/ heat is heat pump. That is S. TEXAS! NO power over most of the state, 127 odd people DIED statewide! Froze to death. NO water was the smallest issue. Until the livestock runs PUT OF WATER!

Texas and cold weather....power can go out for several days. Two years ago this coming Feb. record cold for several days.... 5 above low, high around 13 or so... 99% of our a/c/ heat is heat pump. That is S. TEXAS! NO power over most of the state, 127 odd people DIED statewide! Froze to death. NO water was the smallest issue. Until the livestock runs PUT OF WATER!
The cold can be downright devastating if you are not ready for it. I've got wood heat back-up, drilled well, back-up generator and a shotgun.

I had pipes freeze up last Tuesday, Wednesday night we lost power until mid morning Thursday.
I figured the next thing that stopped working was frozen as well but I was wrong our well pump went out during the power outage and when it came back on it rushed all the sediment of the couple galvanized pipes up to the faucet plugging it up.
Me thinking it was frozen caused a pretty good f up, heating the pipe melted the plastic in the on off valve, it came squirting out. 10 minutes later it sprayed water all over my kitchen and the hardwoods are now pretty close to beyond repair.
This was Christmas Eve and company was on its way.
Total suck festival.
And my cat pissed on my hand 1st thing in the morning.

Last edited:
Yea and where did all this friggin COLD air come from????CANADA!!! And where did Canada get it from?? Friggin Siberia!!! I blame it all on Russia and D's!
I blame it on Hawaii, that damn volcano caused this cooling

Kept the faucets dripping, evidently that wasn't enough. Woke up to no water pressure. Looked under the house first to see any signs of leaks. Dry as a bone. Traced about where the pipe is buried out to the well and no wet ground. Go to the well, nothing wet there and pressure gauge shows about 12 PSI. Can it be frozen with nothing busted? Well is not running. I went ahead and turned the power off. Any of you know about wells?
Sediments in pipes maybe

The hair dryer worked both times. lol
Oh, cool you got lucky. I was under my house putting heat tape on my pipes and getting insulation in my eyes, in the dark, up hill both ways jeez

-
Back