NONONONONONONONONONONO!!! (not another dart thread)

-
The Barracuda has a shorter wheel base than the Challenger......not longer.

Ends up looking like this?!?!
tn_supercuda02-L.jpg

I think all of this started because Chrysler had the name licensed again or something like that

http://blogs.motortrend.com/detroit...-dodge-challenger-with-a-barracuda-20329.html

WHY CHRYSLER WHY?! Why would anyone in their right mind consider bringing back the barracuda without first resurrecting Plymouth? Just change the challenger name plate to the frame you are talking about putting the barracuda on. :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

Please dont do this! Chrysler already destroyed the Challenger because poor build quality, messed up the Charger by making it 4 door and now they want to use the Barracuda in hoping it will bring their business back on track?

Its not the name that make people buy the car, the quality will do. Instead of thinking of using Barracuda name to get the market, why dont try to improve the Challenger, stop using cheap parts, build reliability drive train??

LEAVE THE BARRACUDA ALONE!! :violent1::violent1::violent1:

Please dont do this! Chrysler already destroyed the Challenger because poor build quality, messed up the Charger by making it 4 door and now they want to use the Barracuda in hoping it will bring their business back on track?

Its not the name that make people buy the car, the quality will do. Instead of thinking of using Barracuda name to get the market, why dont try to improve the Challenger, stop using cheap parts, build reliability drive train??

LEAVE THE BARRACUDA ALONE!! :violent1::violent1::violent1:
Aduct73 i agree, they ruined the Charger, you dont make a power house like that a stupid 4 door. Then oh yah they could really improve on the Challenger. Better engine, and better quailty parts as you said. And i dont want the Barracuda name ruined. I am pretty much the only guy whos really active on here with the first part of his user name "Plymouth" so i want the Cuda & Barracuda to stay the way they are.

the article said they were going to use the styling cues of the 64 cuda in making a smallerr platformed Cuda as in smaller and lighter than the Chally which is bigger than the 70-74 Ebody it is named after. Since there are 3 platforms of old cudas to base the styling on it could be a great car . I think a bunch of whining is unwelcome until they actually produce a mule and we see what were getting ,if it ends up like the new Dart then whine on but if it looks like a gen 2 abody on a platform the size if a Calibre or a Mitsubishi coupe with a hemi then it will be in between the size of a new mustang and a cramaero and anybody who hates on that can eat my shorts cause I'll own one-make mine B5 blue please

Well as long as its better than the 2013 Dart i am going to not go insane but be iffy on this.

I say bring it on. Wish they would've at least tossed out some teaser pics. Yes, smaller and lighter....good.

If it looks anything like the concept i would be very happy. But odds are they will go and do to it something like that did with the dart. And if they have plans of doing something like that than they better just not put the 'cuda name on it and leave the cuda/barracuda to is respectable heritage.

heres a link with some pics and a couple other pictures also included below

http://www.motorpasion.com/coupes/chrysler-barracuda-concept

also check out the picture of the charger concept....look how much cooler it would have looked if they made a 2 door available.

and heres also a road runner concept thats pretty cool.

and a pretty cool gtx concept

and also some pictures of challengers that were converted over to replicate cool mopars from the past.

Attachments

• 2008-plymouth-cuda-concept-01-450x321.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 160298-bigthumbnail.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 117
  • plymouth-cuda-concept.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 3-2010-doug-schramm-dodge-charger-concept-jpg.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 108
  • gtx.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 116
  • plymouth_road-runner_concept_2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4308_full.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 103
  • dsc_9285.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 97
  • dodge-daytona-and-plymouth-superbird-kits-from-hpp_100317488_m-500x332.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 109
I do think the GTX styling looks cool. They do need to get the quality up and the size down. A stock Challenger R/T weighs 4610 lbs. Porky ****

I wouldn't mind so much if they brought it back under the SRT brand and made Plymouth actually part of the name. Then it could be an "SRT Plymouth Barracuda". Bit of a mouthful but then you could say, "Yeah I got a 2015 Plymouth ćuda" completely unironically and still be correct. The srt would be implied. I like that they might do it based on the 65, that would be pretty cool but still get it right before skin it. Remember, unlike the dart, the barracuda was supposed to be sporty from the begining even if it kinda failed at that at first. Anything less than a sporty little rear drive coupe that could potentially compete with the camaro, rustang, and genesis (hyndai yes that is a competitor in the segment.) would be a massive insult to the name, unlike the dart one.

Well so far small and RWD are good steps in the right direction... That should be praised. HAS to be RWD.

Hopefully they put the designers from the challenger on this project, I believe those guys could make a faithful reinterpretation... 67-69 would be my favorite style wise, but I own a 65 so that would be cool to see too...

Waiting for pics...

Chrysler needs to stop buying up all these little communist car companies.

-
Back