Norris Camshaft?!

-
Heres so more markings on the cam.

And the lifters. Stock I'm assuming?

20200324_113154.jpg

20200324_113202.jpg

20200324_112949.jpg

The lobes I can see look pretty good. Are you buying a different cam???

If it were me, I'd stay with it, and if you can't find any numbers, figure out what the LSA is, then put the cam at split overlap and gear and converter accordingly.

I have the summit k50052 kit. If I were to buy another it would probably be the lunati 268 or comp 268eh everyone raves about. I dont want to do this all again anytime soon, my fingers are starting to hurt Lol.

Edit- and I think the 268s above are the biggest cams stock compression guys have had really good luck with

Someone much smarter than I am did some measuring.
Heres the specs of the norris camshaft vs the cam card of the 1789

Ps- idk what it really means, it's like reading Chinese but I'm sure someone here knows :)

Edit- forgot the 1789 card

Screenshot_20200324-174831_Samsung Internet.jpg

20200324_181141.jpg

Last edited:
270 is the advertised duration. At what lift they start measuring at, I don’t know.
The 230@.050 is 230*’s of duration when measure at .050 of lifter lift. When the lifter starts to ride up the lobe of the cam opening the valve, they start measuring when .050 of tappet lift occurs.
The lift is more than likely at the valve.
The 114 is the lobe separation. The middle of where the intake and exhaust lobe are at there max lift. Typically, that’s about 6*’s, so, add and minus that from the 114 figure. 6*’s would be the intake max opening at 108 and the exhaust at 120.

Someone much smarter than I am did some measuring.
Heres the specs of the norris camshaft vs the cam card of the 1789

Ps- idk what it really means, it's like reading Chinese but I'm sure someone here knows :)

View attachment 1715493327

Hmmmm the 114 is a bit weird. That's about 270ish advertised...maybe a bit more if the check at .006 lift.

Again the 114 seems a bit odd, but I've seen it before.

LOL!

Im gettin off for a short Siesta after dinner. I gotta go to work tonight. Bummer! Take over my friend!

might have posted the 114 wrong...Centerline of cam is 114 degrees......and I get the same 114 checking the exhaust lobe.

LOL!

Im gettin off for a short Siesta after dinner. I gotta go to work tonight. Bummer! Take over my friend!

Work? What is this you speak of?

Honestly I'm jealous, I wish I could work. Working = making money. Making = good things can and do happen

believe me....i kept doing it over and over.....making sure nothing had slipped or moved.....

like went i was degreeing in another cam last night in the 408....lol

I need to watch a youtube video on cams to understand them more, maybe I will while I'm cleaning later. Lol

So... loaded question?

Is the 1789 a small, medium or noticable step up? Or is there a much better step up in camshaft I should look at?

believe me....i kept doing it over and over.....making sure nothing had slipped or moved.....

like went i was degreeing in another cam last night in the 408....lol

What's this 408 you speak of? You should get a 360 I hear those are all the rage for the guys going fast at the track :poke::lol:

Actually one of the 360 is almost as fast as the 408.....cause it is in a lighter car.......

and the lighter car is getting the new 408.....with the TRick flow heads....

Work? What is this you speak of?

Honestly I'm jealous, I wish I could work. Working = making money. Making = good things can and do happen
LOL, well... I work overnights in heavy equipment inspections for moving priceless material around. I inspect, test, and make small repairs, big ones go to the shop. Once the company and Federal safety guide lines are met, I release the equipment for duty. (Company has stiffer guide lines)

People in and out of NYC.
(And donuts!)

Somewhere in that pile of camshafts there is a Comps XE268-4-10

20200325_190215_resized-1.jpeg

20200325_190914_resized.jpg

Plus I have a brand new box of shims....we are good to go.....start putting this thing back together...

You got the fun parts there and I'm over here swimming in grease, carbon buildup, and baby poop :rofl:

-
Back