Not everyone's cup of tea. 71 Demon

-
Normally I'm not a huge fan of body mods, but that front air dam is very nicely done. It clearly gives a cool road race vibe without looking like it butchered the front end.

Well done.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Any updates ?

Not much to talk about lately. Glass has been on back order. We're working on the wiring and interior when we get a chance. Lately we've been working on a 55 Chevy but it's about to head home and we'll be able to get back on the Demon.
We did give it some new eyes. You guys may like them or hate em.

Attachments

• 71 demon splitter.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,091
  • 1971 demon air dam.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,012
We did give it some new eyes. You guys may like them or hate em.

I think they look very appropriate for your car, I've seen others guys throw them in there stock cars and they just don't look right. keep up the good work.
I've looked at something similar for my car, but again I think my front end is too stock to pull it off correctly.

I think they look very appropriate for your car, I've seen others guys throw them in there stock cars and they just don't look right. keep up the good work.
I've looked at something similar for my car, but again I think my front end is too stock to pull it off correctly.

Thanks.
I started out just looking for some tinted headlights for the blacked out grill (68 Charger?) look but I thought the red lights matched the red lines in the grill as well.
Your car has the over the top look while still maintaining it's Duster charm. I would say nice clean clear lenses fit your car for sure. I do like that Duster ALOT!
:prayer:

We need to adjust that bumper before I post anymore pics. Drives me crazy.

I would say nice clean clear lenses fit your car for sure.

That's the direction I'm heading now something that would match my clear 5" driving lights is what I'm searching for.

Attachments

• duster%20017.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 869
  • duster%20013.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 879
That Demon is awesome! It just looks like the right touch without getting carried away.
Love the colour, will be watching your build.

At first glace I actually thought I was looking at a new chally

Do you have pics of the engine? I would like to see what you did there.

Not alot going on under there yet but we have some ideas. It will have custom valve covers and air cleaner. Mostly we'll just be going for clean and simple because the budget on this one won't let us get carried away. This little 360 is good for 12.50s in front of a 727.... don't know what it will do now, the car gained weight and a four speed.

Attachments

• 1971 Demon under hood.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 845
That's the direction I'm heading now something that would match my clear 5" driving lights is what I'm searching for.
Quite a few options on Ebag if you search clear 7" headlights.
I don't think you'll find any without some kind of ribs or ripples but there are some nice options that won't break the bank. We are happy with the quality of lights we bought there.

Quite a few options on Ebag if you search clear 7" headlights.
I don't think you'll find any without some kind of ribs or ripples but there are some nice options that won't break the bank. We are happy with the quality of lights we bought there.

yea, I've been all over the interwebs looking. I'm Considering these by KC but haven't pulled the trigger yet...still searching.

Attachments

• KC-HiLiTES-42301-7-inch-Headlamp-Replacement-Kit-for-76-up-CJ-YJ-TJ-&-JK-3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 666
yea, I've been all over the interwebs looking. I'm Considering these by KC but haven't pulled the trigger yet...still searching.

That's about all I could find as well. Everything has a smooth lens but a lumpy reflector.
Good looking lights though.

That's about all I could find as well. Everything has a smooth lens but a lumpy reflector.
Good looking lights though.

I ordered these today.... I wasn't really happy with the bulb cover on the other ones, these are as close to looking like the driving lights as I can find. keep posting update photo's of your progress I really like the direction your build is going.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJEEFGviDgnBkBR)yjkVGJg~~60_57.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 714
I ordered these today.... I wasn't really happy with the bulb cover on the other ones, these are as close to looking like the driving lights as I can find.
I think those lights will look just fine. Hell, you could put potatoes in those holes and that car would still blow people's minds.:glasses7:

i have to agree. are you plannin on matching side skirts, maybe with a molded side exhaust?
I don't think we are going to do anything else to the outside of the body. We thought about ground effects but I don't think the air dam is too out of place without them. My partners 68 Chevelle has them and they look good but we need to finish this one up!
As far as updates go.... we wired the car and did a little striping on the dash last weekend. I've been working on the door panels but no pics yet.
This is Robs Chevelle before it got a little more rubber rake. (Pic of a pic)

View attachment 20150103_170805.jpg

View attachment Pro touring 71 demon.jpg

View attachment 1971 demon pro touring look.jpg

I don't think we are going to do anything else to the outside of the body. We thought about ground effects but I don't think the air dam is too out of place without them.

Looks pretty clean as is... I would experiment with the idea of a small rear deck lid wing, even if just Photoshop or painted cardboard.

What are the plans for the back end? Are you going with a stock bumper or modifying it?
The rear bumper is shaved of bumper bolts and its green. We just need to touch up the undercoating and mount it. We thought about making a custom rear spoiler but we didn't think it would look as good on this car as not having one. I think sometimes less is more and it's hard to not get carried away.
This stuff is called Key Slime for a reason, the over spray looks like pond scum.:blob:

Attachments

• 20141116_172158.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 624
  • 71 demon rear.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 698
-
Back