Not everyone's cup of tea. 71 Demon

-
All I can say is that I've have my hands on two of Denny's frontends, one RMS and the Control Freak for my Roadrunner. I've also dealt with a bunch of after market street rod stuff. Denny's is as good or better than the best and WAY better than the worst!! TOP QUALITY STUFF!

Also, I'm planning to fab an upper crossmember/tunnel in the next month or 2 and since eventually I was go with a t-56, I wanna make sure I build it big enough now so I don't have to do it over. Would you mind pulling some measurements off your tunnel to give me an idea how big I have to go?
I got some really poor pics that were takin in a hurry tonight. I forgot to get the crossmember pics but I was trying to get to the power coating shop before it closed.

20170328_160156.jpg

20170328_155935.jpg

View attachment 1715032876

The crossmember hoop is about 9" tall, 14" wide at the bottom. It's hard to see now because I just put some seem sealer on it. I forgot to put it on befor the undercoating...doh. The tunnel is about 40" long and 17" across the bottom at the front.
The tunnel doesn't have the be as big as mine is but I wanted to room to work. I made the top flat so that my hvac box would fit above it.

20170328_160025.jpg

20170328_155949.jpg

Last edited:
The crossmember hoop is about 9" tall, 14" wide at the bottom. It's hard to see now because I just put some seem sealer on it. I forgot to put it on befor the undercoating...doh. The tunnel is about 40" long and 17" across the bottom at the front.
The tunnel doesn't have the be as big as mine is but I wanted to room to work. I made the top flat so that my hvac box would fit above it.

View attachment 1715032891

View attachment 1715032893
Thanks a bunch!! That'll help a ton!

No problem.
I don't know if it's the best designed (or looking) tunnel and crossmember out there but it does the job and seems to be nice and strong.
Long as it's big enough to put in a T56 down the road and looks good under carpet and a console is all I care about

guys like you (Dragger40 / Orangewagon / etc)....make guys like me....look good.

Ross has a Super Slammer, I would have to look up Dragger40's to be positive, .....there are only a half dozen LA Super Slammers out there.

everyone here thought I was crazy for wanting to go lower with these bad Louisiana roads. That's why the LAsuperslammer was made , I cant get enough low stance.
I will be sending you my K frame to get welded up soon Denny

everyone here thought I was crazy for wanting to go lower with these bad Louisiana roads. That's why the LAsuperslammer was made , I cant get enough low stance.
I will be sending you my K frame to get welded up soon Denny
Hmmm. I never figured the LA stood for "Loozanna"

Yep, after two attempts, 4yrs ago, denny took my vision on what I wanted and ran with it. Great products he has.
Yea I've heard a lot of good about his products and I enjoy talk to him at the Nats. Hoping to get a Slammer version for my Duster in a few years to run with a 6.1 Hemi.

Btw, which model of the HDK did you go with? Is it the same one Ross is running? The LA Super Slammer?
After looking at Cody's frontend, I guess I don't have a Super slammer. The way my air dam is designed, I can run my frontend on the middle setting and still be plenty low.
20170401_112328.jpg

After looking at Cody's frontend, I guess I don't have a Super slammer. The way my air dam is designed, I can run my frontend on the middle setting and still be plenty low.View attachment 1715040018

I thought denny had a super slammer and a LASuperslammer? Your frame mounts look like my 1st K member I got. The LA K member has the frame mounts below the 2x2 tubing. But denny may have made changes throughout the process, my K member is 4 yrs old now.

I've been busy with work, some time helping out in Houston and helping with other builds but this is the year of the Demon!
I guess it's been a while since I've done an update so here goes.
The car is running but still needs some fine tuning. Interior is done other than painting the console. I still have to paint the mirrors and cold air intake horn but it's pretty well done other than that.
Hopefully..... Procharger next winter.....
20171002_174500.jpg
Int 4.jpg
Int 2.jpg
20170624_145735.jpg
20171205_130145.jpg

I appreciate the work that went into your car Dragger40, but the subject title says it all. What I think doesn't matter though, ONLY what YOU think. Keep on doing your thing, and to people like me who don't like it, that's my problem. :thumbsup:

I appreciate the work that went into your car Dragger40, but the subject title says it all. What I think doesn't matter though, ONLY what YOU think. Keep on doing your thing, and to people like me who don't like it, that's my problem. :thumbsup:
LOL And I appreciate your opinion. If we all liked the same stuff we would probably be happy cruising around in a Prius!
The important thing is that we are out there doing our own thing!!
Enjoy

Thanks.
The seats are from a 2015 Buick Regal GS turbo. They are full power with memory and heaters. I had to disect the wiring and take out the air bags but everything including the memory now works.
I had my Interior guy copy a pattern that I found on line but to the insert stitching in red to match the pinstriping that is on the car. His first attempt at the diamonds was way too busy but he took care of me on the second attempt and didn't have to waste too much leather.
526db6d6b6013e93f22370725ca146f6.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg
Seat.jpg

He didn't do the door panels exactly the way I had in mind but they are close. I wanted to match the outside stipe in deminsion but these will work.

The details on your ride are not only unique and but jaw dropping. Flat out, it turns heads......mission accomplished.

The details on your ride are not only unique and but jaw dropping. Flat out, it turns heads......mission accomplished.
Thanks Denny, I appreciate the complements.
There are still a couple of things that I would like to do to the car. I would like to boost the horsepower and I would like to widen the rear wheels to 12 inches but overall.... I guess there is not a lot left that I NEED to do other than run the piss out of it.

Hey Dragger40,

Your car is amazing with numerous creative personal touches!
Engine compartment is mind-blowing!
Love the vehicle height, the color and the attention to detail (grill area is very well thought out.)
Wouldn't change a thing and you has given me some ideas for my build.
Finally, Yes!! Drive the piss out of it!!

Hey Dragger40,

Your car is amazing with numerous creative personal touches!
Engine compartment is mind-blowing!
Love the vehicle height, the color and the attention to detail (grill area is very well thought out.)
Wouldn't change a thing and you has given me some ideas for my build.
Finally, Yes!! Drive the piss out of it!!
Thanks. You are making my head swell and I have a big melon already!!
I truly appreciate the complements.

-
Back