Not mopar...But my first restore

-
more pics

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

Remember that the front end is going to sit a few inches lower once you install the engine, trans, fenders, hood, bumpers, radiator, AC, etc, etc. All that stuff weights quite a bit and will compress the front springs quite a bit. When I installed one of my Mustang II front ends I tack weld it in place (also use lots of clamps) then stack 4-5 hundred pounds on the front frame until the lower control arms are level (that's where they normally end up if it's done right).
And don't worry about getting input from members, as long as you see the number of "views" increasing then people are looking. Most folks don't comment. I have another comment....Do you plan to chop the top, that would really be "cool"??

OVER 2400 views....somebody's looking!!!

treblig

Last edited:
As of now I am not planning on chopping it. It would be very cool, but I'm not real sure I am ready to undertake a project like that. I was planning on the front end coming down a bit more once I get everything in and get some weight on it. I am not too worried. I think it will be pretty level and if there is a little rake to it I won't mind I kind of like that look. I still need to get some new rims and tires too, but that will all come with time.

What these ^ guys said. There are A LOT of lurkers on here. But I know what you mean, sometimes it feels like no-one's looking and every 'like' is precious.

I think you're doing a great job and I personally couldn't care less that this isn't mopar. In fact, I'm happy to get a little variation and since I've never been involved in anything other than my Dart, it's a lot of fun to see how things are made in the other brands.

Brand loyalty is overrated. And the brand sure isn't loyal back.

Your getting views and I was watching waiting for some new great stuff! Your still in school right? Your doing great keep plugging along its a cool build and different is good!

Yes I am still in school. Kinda sucks but I know it's a good thing. I'm 2 and a half hours from home so I don't get home to work on it much during the year. I'm majoring in construction management as of now. I took some engineering classes last year but the calculus kicked my butt. Hopefully I can get home one of these weekends and get the front sheet metal put on. In the last picture it is just sitting on the jack. I still need to trim some and fab some brackets to hold it so that will be the next step. Thanks for all the encouraging words!

Just read the whole thread. Saweeeet build! Keep up the good work.

Proud to see you are working on your education. It will be over sooner than you realize. Keep up the good work on the truck, it will be really nice when you finish

Yes I am still in school. Kinda sucks but I know it's a good thing. I'm 2 and a half hours from home so I don't get home to work on it much during the year. I'm majoring in construction management as of now. I took some engineering classes last year but the calculus kicked my butt. Hopefully I can get home one of these weekends and get the front sheet metal put on. In the last picture it is just sitting on the jack. I still need to trim some and fab some brackets to hold it so that will be the next step. Thanks for all the encouraging words!
And calculus will damn sure kick the butt... Until one day, It just makes sense, and it will. Took a while for me, but I finally got it. Stay at it...

niiiice.. never noticed this one before - looks like some great work going on!! keep the updates coming!

Wow life gets busy. Havn't given you guys an update in quite a while, sadly thats because I haven't done much in quite a while. Got a part-time job while at school so don't have time to go home this year. Thankfully I get to go home for the summer so I am hoping to get a bunch done! I did go home for spring break and worked on the drivers side door a bunch. The bottom of the door was trashed from rust. The only solution i could think of was to hack the door in half and start rebuilding. Once I opened the door up I found out that the bottom hinge box was also trashed, so I cut it out and rebuilt it. Don't have pictures of it finished. also had to remove some of the interior of the door and replace it. The bead roller I got for Christmas sure did come in handy for this project! Currently looking for a drive train for the pickup. Thinking I am going to go with a 350 sbc. Have my eye on an 86 c20 running driving pickup that gets auctioned off tomorrow. If I can do it for under $1000 im gonna pull the trigger on it. Hopefully more to come with summer around the corner!

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

Wow life gets busy. Havn't given you guys an update in quite a while, sadly thats because I haven't done much in quite a while. Got a part-time job while at school so don't have time to go home this year. Thankfully I get to go home for the summer so I am hoping to get a bunch done! I did go home for spring break and worked on the drivers side door a bunch. The bottom of the door was trashed from rust. The only solution i could think of was to hack the door in half and start rebuilding. Once I opened the door up I found out that the bottom hinge box was also trashed, so I cut it out and rebuilt it. Don't have pictures of it finished. also had to remove some of the interior of the door and replace it. The bead roller I got for Christmas sure did come in handy for this project! Currently looking for a drive train for the pickup. Thinking I am going to go with a 350 sbc. Have my eye on an 86 c20 running driving pickup that gets auctioned off tomorrow. If I can do it for under $1000 im gonna pull the trigger on it. Hopefully more to come with summer around the corner!

View attachment 1715041700

View attachment 1715041701

View attachment 1715041703

View attachment 1715041704

View attachment 1715041706

View attachment 1715041707

View attachment 1715041708

View attachment 1715041709

View attachment 1715041710

View attachment 1715041711

View attachment 1715041712

View attachment 1715041713

View attachment 1715041714

View attachment 1715041715
you do nice work! :thumbsup:

Spent the last half of my spring break dragging this beauty out of a barn and hauling it home. Found project number 3. This one was my great grandpas pickup and it was passed down to me, making it the second "free pickup" I have been given. Yes I said "free" because these suckers are far from free once they are done! :BangHead: I swear my family must want me to be broke the rest of my life! These things sure can eat up your money fast! But boy are they fun!

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

Spent the last half of my spring break dragging this beauty out of a barn and hauling it home. Found project number 3. This one was my great grandpas pickup and it was passed down to me, making it the second "free pickup" I have been given. Yes I said "free" because these suckers are far from free once they are done! :BangHead: I swear my family must want me to be broke the rest of my life! These things sure can eat up your money fast! But boy are they fun!

View attachment 1715041716

View attachment 1715041717

View attachment 1715041718
that is WAY TOO COOL!!!! I would wash it, make it mechanically sound, and drive it

that is WAY TOO COOL!!!! I would wash it, make it mechanically sound, and drive it
Thats the plan! Engine turns free. The leaf springs up front snapped in half :wtf: but ive got the front end from the other one so thats an easy fix! Right now shes washed up and in the shed. I'd like to finish this one before I tear into another one.

View attachment 1715041700

View attachment 1715041701

View attachment 1715041703

View attachment 1715041704

View attachment 1715041706

View attachment 1715041707

View attachment 1715041708

View attachment 1715041709

View attachment 1715041710

View attachment 1715041711

View attachment 1715041712

View attachment 1715041713

View attachment 1715041714

View attachment 1715041715
You sure are saving that old girl!

I love the rusty old hammer you use. Seems very appropriate. :D

You sure are saving that old girl!

I love the rusty old hammer you use. Seems very appropriate. :D
I actually found that hammer in the pickup. I really don't know why I use it when dads got snap on hammers :realcrazy: its always sitting in the pickup so its usually what I grab when I need one

Got a little work done. Took out the window frames and fixed them up. Cut out and replaced the running board section on both sides. Cut out one of the cross members put in a new one and re-mounted the shock mounts. the cross member will be welded in. Just have it bolted in for mock up in picture. Ordered a bunch of parts. Feels like Christmas. Ive got everything I need to finish the pickup except the paint and drive line. More updates to come soon now that its summer break! :thumbsup:

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see ya get it done

Did a little work on the passenger door today. Buttoned up the skin. Still needs work but will have to save that for another day. There just isn't enough time in the day for farm work and fun work.

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

Keep up the good work... my buddy had a truck like yours in Robins egg blue... it was beautiful. ..

-
Back