Not sure Im crazy about the color scheme...

-

Baxter61

Reaction score
what say you? And yes, this is literally a backyard build so don't make fun! The timing chain cover and oil pan are black wrinkle to match the valve covers going on.

I think it looks great. Especially with some aluminum heads. knowwhatimsayin

I don't really care about the color - as long as you like it's cool by me... But you should have masked the oil pump mounting boss too...

First things first, there isn't one person on this sight that hasn't done a backyard build!!! Pulling engines with pulley systems hooked to a strong tree limb!! Been there done that lol! The color scheme looks great, sometimes its nice to mix things up like that, putting your own spin on things makes it personal. Unless rebuilding to factory specs for show cars the options are endless! Keep us posted!

I don't really care about the color - as long as you like it's cool by me... But you should have masked the oil pump mounting boss too...

I did, just took the tape off to install the oil pump :burnout: and I really don't know if I like it, my title wasn't sarcasm, I really don't know if im sold on it lol

If you don't like it, now is the time to change it.

Did my 383 in cast iron gray and looks good but I got alum. Heads,intake and water pump. Can hardly see the block

well im gonna have cast iron heads as was going to paint them the same color, same as the intake and pan. Ive always painted the intakes aluminum but thought id try something different

I think it looks great! I went with the dark block and silver aluminum heads, looks killer under the hood!

How do you tell if its dirty? All my non-mopar motors look that color, no matter what color paint they have! ;-)

Where it's done means nothing. I've seen some really nice cars come out of sheds and car ports.
If you want my opinion - I don't care for it, I prefer factory engine colors even if the one used is incorrect for the year. But as I said - it ain't mine...lol.

Looks like a motor out of a Mad Max car.What are are you stuffing that into? We need pics...

I think it looks good but I prefer a glossy finish that's easier to wipe clean. Once all the accessories are attached you'll have a better idea of whether or not you like it.

If you don't like it that's ok. Give it to me and I will get rid of it for you.

To me it kinda say's "Move along please, I'm busy" and I like it now that other parts are on it.
Have you visualized plug wire, valve cover and aircleaner looks with it yet?

It needs MP finned covers
Accel yellow wires
Ummmmm, oh yea a powder coated blower. :D

Like said!!!

If you like it who cares what anyone else thinks.

I always did someting different in the old days. My tastes have changed with age and to me today, the factory look was pretty awesome! But once again who cares, enjoy your ride and make it yours!

I like it. The car really screams Joe Dirt toofless mullet wearin redneck.

-
Back