Nothing like the sound of a fresh 273 commando

-
Thanks Gamedog.
Lunati voodo cam lifters and springs, notched 273 block for valve clearance with ported heads and 1.88/1.60 valves.

273's are cool....

IMG_2357.jpg

My 65 Dart is finally running. :thumbsup:

What a great sounding 273!!!
I'm getting ready to pick up two 273's, ones a short block and I would love to build one like yours. Did you have a build thread or a list of specs on here somewhere? Your 273 just sounds healthy.

What a great sounding 273!!!
I'm getting ready to pick up two 273's, ones a short block and I would love to build one like yours. Did you have a build thread or a list of specs on here somewhere? Your 273 just sounds healthy.

Stock spec. 1965 273 commando bottom end/block notched, 1965 273 heads ported and modded with 1.88 & 1.60 valves and lunati springs.
Lunati #30200740 cam( around .520 lift). 273 adjustable rockers.
Oldschool offy intake manifold matched to heads. Edelbrock 1406 carb.
Pertronix ignition.
J&R fenderwell headers.

Stock spec. 1965 273 commando bottom end/block notched, 1965 273 heads ported and modded with 1.88 & 1.60 valves and lunati springs.
Lunati #30200740 cam( around .520 lift). 273 adjustable rockers.
Oldschool offy intake manifold matched to heads. Edelbrock 1406 carb.
Pertronix ignition.
J&R fenderwell headers.
Thank you so much. I know the short block I'm picking up is the lower compression 273 and I don't know if the long block is a Comando spec or not but it will be. Thanks again and your engine video sound is great on my PC speakers but I'll bet much better in person. Congrats on the build.

Good afternoon,
Great duration on that fresh idle! Just curious if there are any hp#s' on that unit?
C.

Good afternoon,
Great duration on that fresh idle! Just curious if there are any hp#s' on that unit?
C.

Has not been on dyno yet but my estimate would be 325 to 350 hp range at crank.
Plan on putting her on chassis dyno when I get roadworthy.

That sounds very nice. Congrats!

Thanks everyone. Serious sense of accomplishment when she fired up for first time.
Has been a blast building a car that is different with a built 273 and destined to never be pretty but haul azz. LOL.

-
Back