Now This is a Flyover!!!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Received from a Mopar club friend this morning...

Americans at their best.

PLEASE read the text first:

The Kansas City Chiefs football team were playing the Las Vegas Raiders in Kansas City.

So recently, a group of men in Kansas City who do some formation flying in their own planes, decided they'd volunteer to SAVE this beautiful tradition and pick up the slack.

They invited a couple of other groups to join them and before they knew it, they had 48 men with their own airplanes signing up to join in. If they had more time, they probably would have gotten an even larger group as people kept joining and a 49th was added near the kickoff.

Be sure your speakers are turned up. Best if you watch at 'full screen'... pretty impressive and it makes you proud to be an American.

Too bad that the TV networks did not show this.

PS: The formation is fantastic, especially with SO many planes....all former Naval Aviators....!!!

YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my !! Thats a great move on all these pilots getting together and forming this fly over Ken, I couldn't stop thinking of all the self owned pilots from our country to get together and do this, thank you so VERY much for sharing.

Brought a tear to my eye. Would’ve love to have been there to see it in person! Would’ve left after though, worst possible combo of teams to watch!
:lol:

The Chiefs and Faiders have been a pretty intense rivalry for 50sum years that I can think of, so why not with the Faiders.

Yo brainstorm, its "Gave proof through the night.." :wtf:. Great work by everyone else though!

(yeah, I teared up...)

C64565DE-BA1C-42EC-A293-A8ECC9A7DC7E.png

Makes a pretty good screen saver

Even the fattie on her damn phone during the anthem didn't ruin that. Very nice.

Whiteman AFB is very close to KC and we have flyovers pretty regularly for Chiefs games. Warthogs, Stealth fighters and bombers, and occasionally paratroopers drop in. My house is right in line between Whiteman and Arrowhead (I'll never call it GEHA Field) so we always see them about 30 minutes before kickoff cruising the air space above KC.

A lot of the planes above took off from our local airport (Lee's Summit Regional) so we got to see them assembling in the sky. It was something that I'll probably never see again. Very cool memory. Thanks for posting!

-
Back