Obama - Biden

-

clhyer

Reaction score
In an earlier thread a poster requested reasons to vote for the O-B ticket. As a political junkie I love it I also like to play the devils advocate. So, without tearing into the Clintons who are not running, and without tearing into Obama & Biden, without hysterics, please give me some good sound reasons to vote for the McCain-Palin ticket (not the Palin-McCain ticket). Please, I don't want reasons to vote against O&B, I want reasons to vote for McCain & Palin.
Thanks,
C

My reason is we dont need anymore Democrats. Here in Michigan we just got rid of another crooked one today. Goodbye and good riddens Kwame Kilpatrick!

I cant think of one good reason to vote for McCain / Palin !!!!! Come to think of it I cant think of one good reason to vote for Obama / Biden !!!!!! Guess I will just write in Lou Dobbs name.....:cheers:

A good reason you want. I do like the V.P pick simply because she is the common run of the american family just like you and i and knows what needs to be changed for the good and not her benefit. Some will say "But she's not running for President" Don't hold your breath.

Republicans at play, I love it! Hail the old Guard!!
Hey, I don't know about you but I believe what they say that everything is hunky-dorey.
Besides with McCain having cancer and being 72 it's good to know that we will have a pretty lady in the whitehouse. I wonder when the Inquirer will have those Topless bikini pics of her?

The reason to vote for the McCain-Palin ticket is the O-B ticket!

I cant think of one good reason to vote for McCain / Palin !!!!! Come to think of it I cant think of one good reason to vote for Obama / Biden !!!!!! Guess I will just write in Lou Dobbs name.....:cheers:
Amen to that!

Is this photoshopped or what??

custom_1220381941522_palin.jpg

Pro-life, pro-gun, pro-drilling and pro-tax cuts. I happen to take the same stance on these issues, so of course I'll vote for them. I don't vote party, I vote issues. Pretty simple for a simple minded, small town, religious gun-hugger (or so I've been called).

Orangecrush, you're just bitterly clinging to your guns and religion. Tsk, tsk.:-D

I'm voting Republican because they have the hottest women.:-D

I had a student in an Study hall asking me Why he needed to understand communist economics, I reminded him the O B ticket is a direct path to that form of economy
they believe in wealth redistribution, I believe EARN you Own Dang Money get off mine

OK, 10 responses and about 1 1/2 gave a reasonable answer. Are we all voting for something or against something?

chryslerfat, do we need any republicans? I see many of them going off to jail too>
SleeperScamp, I want to agree with you, but I think Lou is pretty opportunistic also - like most politicians
Small Block, you're the 1/2. Your response conjures up visons of 1963 and all sorts of conspiracy theorys
mgunner, see my question above
orangecrush, thanks for your answer. I asked, you gave
Machined, at the top spot yes. I can't say if we were to look at all of the Dem pols in congress
rj72cda, they are all going to tax us. Do you know of any place in the world were some sort of "tax" isn't collected? I dare say that you are the receipiant of much gov't tax benefits, a lot that you may not even be aware of. But that's for another topic on another day...

I'm not taking sides, just wondering if that's the best we can do. I have voted "against" in many elections, usually with disappointing results. I think both parties have served up something less than their best. What a shame, although I am sure that Obama and McCain would both disagree with me.

C

Here's a couple of my reasons why I have decided that McCain/Pallin is going to be the ticket that I punch:

1 - John McCain clearly showed the type leadership and judgement that a Commander in Chief needs when he put the needs of the Country ahead of his desire to get elected by pushing for more troops in Iraq - now commonly known as "The Surge."

2 - His life story leads me to believe that he truly does put his Country First. There are many men that were prisoners of war thoughout the Vietnam Era but I don't know if any others were offered the deal he was by the enemy and turned it down.

3 - I believe his VP choice is in fact as qualified, if not more qualified, than the top of the other ticket.

4 - I believe that John McCain is serious about cutting the wasteful spending in Congress and using the power of the Veto whenever he sees a bloated porked up bill come across the desk in the Oval Office.

5 - John McCain showed the type of diplomacy and leadership that exemplifies everything that we want/need in the leader of our country by being the one to push for normalization of relationships with North Vietnam, despite the fact that if ANYONE should hold a grudge against them, it was him.

6 - He's more than a community organizer, he a Leader of Men (and Women).

BTW - I would like you to know that I was not 100% sold on Mr. McCain until this past week. I watched a lot of both conventions and saw that the one with the most substance and that better reflected my views was the RNC and their candidates.

im voting republican, first off pro gun, i love my hunting/shooting, and second mccain has explained what he wants to do. As for obama i keep hearing we need change WHAT CHANGE EXAMPLES????

McCain/Palin..... I don't need the Gov telling me whats best for me and my family. I don't need the Gov limiting my gun ownership/rights. I don't need the Gov increasing taxes on my retirement investments. I don't need the Gov telling me what Doctors/hospitals I can use. Hell, I'm tired of typing........

The way I see it, a taxpayer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.
Rod

My reason for voting Republican is that we need someone who will swear allegiance to our god and country, not a Muslim who refuses to even pledge allegiance to our flag, or recognize our National Anthem. Besides that, McCain and Palin have outlined what they plan to do , where Obama just keeps saying things are going to change while never commiting to what will change. I think if Obama gets elected things will change, especially our whole way of life.

Thank y'all. I watched most of the Dem convention. I watched some of and taped what I did not watch of the Repub's; I plan to watch it over the next few days.
As I alluded to earlier, I want to vote for someone this go around.
Oh yes, I don't believe much of what either candidate says on a stump speech.
C

He is a war hero. His wife owns a brewery. What else could you want?

He is a war hero. His wife owns a brewery. What else could you want?

Sarah coming to my house and bangin me for my vote.

not gonna get it. But I sure could want it:toothy10:

I was leaning really hard toward Bob Barr until I learned that McCain seems to support private ownership of firearms despite not owning any himself. That suggests to me that the rights of the people are above his personal feelings. I'm still undecided and probably will be for a while.

[rant] I'm tired of voting against crap rather than for something. This will not change until a significant number of citizens are made aware that the garbage fed to them via mass media does not present all options and we collectively break away from this "two party system" nonsense. I perceive little real difference between Republicans and Democrats and much prefer the terms "conservative" and "liberal" as they have more distinct meanings. [/rant]

Beyond that, I think Palin just "gets it". She's as close to "one of us" as a politician can get, in my opinion. Her appearance, intellect and backbone definitely don't hurt.

every time i see obama on tv...this is what i hear...

I will give.....I will give...I will give....

Giving away money the govt does not have....how about I will cut...i will cut...

that is what i want to hear from a politican....

-
Back