Oil cooler idea's

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL AN OIL COOLER.
LOOKING FOR IDEA'S AND PICTURES
Thinking about teeing off at my oil sending port, running to oil cooler in wheel well, then to a fitting on my mech fuel pump block off plate.
i dont really have any room for a cooler in the front of my car

I don't think that is going to do much cooling.and would be a drop in oil psi.then have to worry about a stone going threw the cooler.that's my thought.but I'm thinking out loud.I think I would go from the original oil filter location with an adapter to a cooler in front of rad.to a filter and back to the original location.or to the rear of the car with a fan blowing threw it. if you get on the computer and look under used nascar parts you can pick up a really nice cooler with the fan and lines Off a nascar.and they are cheap.but that's my thought.just trying to help........Artie:coffee2:

You NEVER T a oil line for cooling. Best bet and easiest way to grab a kit or in your case, an installation kit. The kit should replace the oil filter on the block and run the lines to in front of the radiator and A/C condensor.

I always liked the idea of using the transmission cooler of an auto trans radiator. If you have one and are running a straight shift, why not? That's what it's there for. It will never know the difference between motor oil and trans fluid.

The Shelby Speed Secrets book shows taping into the existing inlet and outlet ports for the oil filter. Must be done with the block out. But this is the best way to connect an In-Line cooler. Would also require remote oil filter(s), which is not a bad idea either. I would also run an Accusump if you are road racing.
Bob

I always liked the idea of using the transmission cooler of an auto trans radiator. If you have one and are running a straight shift, why not? That's what it's there for. It will never know the difference between motor oil and trans fluid.

Do you think it will flow enough oil ? GOOD IDE' ER! :finga:
Pretty safe and protected there also

I have a Accumulator 1 quart and 1/2

The next trip to the "Used Part Store" look and see if they have a Mazda rx3, 4, or 7. Those cars have a pressurized oil cooler that mounts under their radiator. Some are brass some are aluminum. Any way if it will cool rotary motor it can super cool a piston motor. Grab the mounts and the oil lines. They look like they have AN fittings but they may be a metric copy.
Total cost should be no more than $40 to $50.

example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-RX7-1...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Do you think it will flow enough oil ? GOOD IDE' ER! :finga:
Pretty safe and protected there also

I have a Accumulator 1 quart and 1/2

A 3/8 line is bigger than almost any of the galleries in the engine, so yeah I think it would be fine.

Nice oil cooler and idea there BigWhip.

-
Back