Oiling problem. HELP!!!

-
I'm not trynna be insulting...........you ARE turning it clockwise?

I have an engine going together in the garage. The plug above the rear main cap can be measured from the top of the block. Use a long (at least 10') small rod and place it in the hole on the rear of the block next to the disty hole. This hole is for your oil pressure gauge or sender. Mine dropped in 7.7" until it hit the plug. Someone on here said 7.5". Its an easy way to check without pulling the pan.

What kind of pan? did you use the right pick up? Did you clearance the pick up to the bottom of the pan? Any chance it's out of the oil when you start priming?
I use some play doh and get the clearance to about 1/4" or so. If it needs to move alot I will use a propane torch to heat the tube and bend it.

Just throwing out some other ideas.

i hope it doesent have anything to do with the oil fiter adaptor i sent you jack i dont think they differ from year to year that adaptor would be a 71 or 72 model year

Problem solved. I checked all the plugs and they were there. I checked the pump and it was pumping like crazy. I ended up buying a new pump just in case. I put it all back together today and voila -- oil pressure on the gauge and oil getting to the top end. No oil spraying sound from inside the engine. The scary part is, I didn't do anything different this time other than the new pump. I still insist that the old pump is good but stranger things have happened. I started to button up the engine and now am only about an hour away from trying to start it.

All's well that ends well I guess.

Jack

-
Back