Ok... which one of you did this!!!

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Just kidding. But I did open up my “hi Performance “ water pump from RockAuto just now. Completely used including 9lbs of orange rtv. They sprayed it rattle can silver to disguise it as a new return. Ughh. I’ve had good luck over the years with RA until this one. What a pain. FedEx is about an hour from me to return it too. Bummer.

How about a bag of kidney beans inside an empty hard drive box from Best Buy? That was told to me by a clerk when I returned a drive and he had to inspect it because he just got burned. He said the guy had even re-shrink wrapped the box so it looked unopened!

Bought 8 spark plugs once. Got home, opened the box and they were all used. Took them back and of course the store didn't believe me. Told them I had nothing better to do and I'd sit on the counter until they call the cops to kick me out. They exchanged them after that comment.

Went to McD drive thru, ordered a plain hamburger. They verified my order on the screen. Got home and had a bun with nothing on it - no meat, no nothing.

Bought 8 spark plugs once. Got home, opened the box and they were all used. Took them back and of course the store didn't believe me. Told them I had nothing better to do and I'd sit on the counter until they call the cops to kick me out. They exchanged them after that comment.

Went to McD drive thru, ordered a plain hamburger. They verified my order on the screen. Got home and had a bun with nothing on it - no meat, no nothing.
Is that a vegan burger haha

I ordered an LED light bar magnetic flash light from Amazon that came with old corroded batteries in it. It wouldn't even begin to work and the batteries were leaking all over the place. I returned it and posted photos of the mess on the Amazon review of the product. The seller's sales went to nearly zero after that.

In a similar case, I bought a new Wild Game digital game cam, put brand new Ray O Vac D cells in it two months before hunting season. When I went to use it the batteries had corroded and destroyed the camera. I wrote Ray O Vac, explained what happened. Not thinking anything would come of it, but I was shocked when they refunded the cost of the camera and the batteries!

Yes, Ray-O-Vac had some sort of warranty on leaking. I had 2 Canon AE-1 motor drives that were toast after...15 years of storage? Couldn't even tell who made those batteries... My wife got a burger with no meat too once. We got a Sony home stereo returned with half a cinder block in its box, looked totally unopened. They cut the end in a way that could be re-stapled. Little did they know that we scan the serial numbers on the boxes and knew who returned it and back charged their card. Thats all I heard on that one.

I open every box at the parts counter now. I've gotten used air filters a couple times, and electrical parts boxed wrong along with other surprises. I think it's a combination of returns, cores getting mixed in and warehouse theft.

When my kids were young, new bike tubes at Walmart ran about 50/50 used/new.

It was me. Im not sorry either. I don’t always return used parts, but when I do It’s because I’ve been drinking XX.

Yes, Ray-O-Vac had some sort of warranty on leaking. I had 2 Canon AE-1 motor drives that were toast after...15 years of storage? Couldn't even tell who made those batteries... My wife got a burger with no meat too once. We got a Sony home stereo returned with half a cinder block in its box, looked totally unopened. They cut the end in a way that could be re-stapled. Little did they know that we scan the serial numbers on the boxes and knew who returned it and back charged their card. Thats all I heard on that one.

I got a burger with no meat from a fast food place that bragged about their thick burger...

Where's the beef????

I've got blown fuses, used plug wires, all sorts of crap. I saw someone return their old lawnmower in the box their new lawnmower came in to home depot. Didn't even fit in the box, but they took it.

Wow. Extreme. I have found a used part a couple times.
New parts installed.

When I returned a gallon of new latex paint to Lowe’s, the lady opened the can (which obviously was unopened and completely paint-free on the outside of the can) to look inside. I asked her why she did that and she told me that people return the paint cans after using the paint and they fill the can with milk. Wow!

I open every box at the parts counter now. I've gotten used air filters a couple times, and electrical parts boxed wrong along with other surprises. I think it's a combination of returns, cores getting mixed in and warehouse theft.

When my kids were young, new bike tubes at Walmart ran about 50/50 used/new.

I used to open the boxes for my customers.

Defective outs not being returned to the warehouse is usually the biggest culprit.

In a similar case, I bought a new Wild Game digital game cam, put brand new Ray O Vac D cells in it two months before hunting season. When I went to use it the batteries had corroded and destroyed the camera. I wrote Ray O Vac, explained what happened. Not thinking anything would come of it, but I was shocked when they refunded the cost of the camera and the batteries!
Ray-o-vac, don't get me started. Duracell aren't much better for a "premium" battery. Energizer all the way.

Once went autobone to buy 1 rod bearing for a 2.5 as somehow I had lost one...i bought some other things and always kind of added up the total in my head (been over charged on several occasions). Got all rung and noticed the total didn't seem right. I asked about and they charged me for 2 bearings because the guy ringing me said there are 2 bearings in the box...i opened the box said "NO DIPSHIT...THIS IS ONE BEARING...TWO HALVES BUT ONE BEARING" he began to argue that it was two bearings!!! He finally told me it was the computers fault even though I saw him scan once then type in two....I hate these chain parts stores. The sad part he is the guy that everybody says he knows what he's talking about...

When parts come back, I always check them. They're taken out of the box and checked out thoroughly. If there is any indication of it being installed, it doesn't come back. Electrical and special order parts don't come back period.
Way to many people buy a part, install it and that doesn't fix their problem, then want to return it. Nope!
In all fairness, I have seen Mopar send cores out as new parts. Happened a couple times with 604 transmissions. PIA to send back to Mopar as a MRA. I've also gotten parts that were dealer returns with the wrong part or missing components and my pet peeve, pre installed.

-
Back