Old Cam Dynamics cam shaft???

-

wolfhammer

Reaction score
I have a 69 340 I am currently working on and don't know what cam is in it. I bought the engine from a guy who had it rebuilt 30 years ago and it sat on an engine stand the whole time. Never fired, never ran because he wrecked the Dart he was building it for. He is pretty old and can't remember what cam it was and doesn't have the cam card.
I believe it to be a Cam Dynamics cam and the only numbers on it are CD15010 and 7-4. These numbers are stamped on the front. I did a crude old school measurement and looks like it has a 480 lift.
I am assuming Cam Dynamics because of the letters CD in front of the 15010
Anyone familiar with these cams or have an old Cam Dynamics catalog for reference?
thanks

Call Crane. I bet they can tell you what it is.

I have a 69 340 I am currently working on and don't know what cam is in it. I bought the engine from a guy who had it rebuilt 30 years ago and it sat on an engine stand the whole time. Never fired, never ran because he wrecked the Dart he was building it for. He is pretty old and can't remember what cam it was and doesn't have the cam card.
I believe it to be a Cam Dynamics cam and the only numbers on it are CD15010 and 7-4. These numbers are stamped on the front. I did a crude old school measurement and looks like it has a 480 lift.
I am assuming Cam Dynamics because of the letters CD in front of the 15010
Anyone familiar with these cams or have an old Cam Dynamics catalog for reference?
thanks

I know Crane bought out General Kinetics camshafts.

Crane did buy CD. I have called Crane and had them e-mail me CD cam cards. Call them with the numbers stamped on the cam.

Oh man I put a lot of those Enforcer cams in...I mean a LOT
there was a little one 007 that made a crap load of power to 5000,the 010 was NO POOCH..the problem was everyone was wearing out the hyd lifters."lifters were collapsing after 20-30 trips to 6500" or the push rods went through the rocker arms"new Rocker arms"
You did not need a gear ratio with those Enforcer cams...3.55,a torker and a 750 dbl pumper...I cannot remember if I ever put one of those cams in an auto car...pretty much everyone drove a 4 speed back in the 70's
But to answer your question that 15010 Cam Dynamics cam made some onions...

there was a little one 007 that made a crap load of power to 5000,the 010 was NO POOCH..the problem was everyone was wearing out the hyd lifters."lifters were collapsing after 20-30 trips to 6500" or the push rods went through the rocker arms"new Rocker arms"
You did not need a gear ratio with those Enforcer cams...3.55,a torker and a 750 dbl pumper...I cannot remember if I ever put one of those cams in an auto car...pretty much everyone drove a 4 speed back in the 70's

I miss the 70's

Not with the low compression pistons in this engine, it would be a dog lol

-
Back