Old Mopar Guy, New to this Forum and Getting Back in the Game!

-

Kraftei

Reaction score
I have owned and restored a few Mopars, all 70's including a 1970 Duster which I did a full reno on (minus body and paint). I recently purchased a 1972 Demon and I am currently going through it. It is for the most part restored, however it was a show car so it has a lot of drive ability issues which I am in the process of sorting out. I have removed and replaced the interior, tuned the engine up etc., currently working on the front end. I ordered a new windshield gasket and stainless trim, once I have that installed I will be removing the decals to wet sand the car, buff, then replace the decals and ceramic coat the entire car.

I have been trolling this site for information so I thought it was time to join. When I restored my Duster I made one of these spare tire covers so this time I had a carpenter chick make me one. I do not run a spare so I find it does not collapse like the factory one, and it fits better. Feel free to copy. Jay

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Hello Kraftei, Welcome to FABO... great idea on the spare tire cover. I am pretty sure everyone would like to see more pictures of your Duster & Demon.

Welcome to the site from another Albertan member.
Yeah, more pics would be nice!

Here is my Demon, just waiting on rotors so I can button up the front end. Next I am going to put a 391 posi in the rear end, currently it has a 323 open. Included is my Duster I restored previously, I sold it in 1995, last I heard it was in Michelin.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_8333.jpg

MAN that thing is bright!!! I once was 2nd owner of a limelight '70 RR 440-6. YES I wish I still had that car

Here is my Demon, just waiting on rotors so I can button up the front end. Next I am going to put a 391 posi in the rear end, currently it has a 323 open. Included is my Duster I restored previously, I sold it in 1995, last I heard it was in Michelin.

View attachment 1715435110
Welcome back!...interesting garage floor you have there.

Welcome back!...interesting garage floor you have there.

Thanks, it is tile, pros and cons, you have to keep the oil and grease out of the grout. I would have preferred a regular epoxy covering.

I just finished rebuilding the front end, changed the rear end to a 373 true trac. Have a noise in the tranny I am chasing. Next I am going to pull the windshield and replace the seal and stainless trim (the old trim had dents). Then I am going to pull the decals, wet sand buff, replace decals and ceramic coat the car. It should glow after that ;o)

I live in Canada and it takes forever to get parts from the US. I ordered custom decals from Phoenix Graphix and they were here in two weeks. Impressive considering the material is matt and not a stock item.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back