Open invitation to come to the Sunshine state

-
Yeah, you can keep that stifling heat and humidity. I lived in Marion County for about 10 years, great in the winter, not so great in the summer if'n you have to work outside.

Yup! Florida sucks balls in the summer. Too hot to do much of anything. I try to think of it as a reverse winter. It's just the season when the weather is too extreme to do much in. In Maryland, it was cold from mid October to late May, with some good weather occasionally. Summers were hot as hell and rainy up there too. My last Winter in Maryland, I spent climbing up on my roof to shovel off the snow, so my house wouldn't cave in.......

It’s a steamy 58 out here today in the willamette valley in Oregon.
Florida native use to think it was hot here in the summer till I worked in Kuwait for 2 years 130 degrees during August/September maybe 10-15% humidity but the bad part was when the sun went down maybe 100 degrees but 70-80% humidity sucks.

Brian

It's actually been a little below average humidity this year

A little above temp wise (sometimes considerably above) but the slightly lower humidity most days more than makes up for 10 degrees hotter.

I've been here since 1988

I don't remember this many days near, at, or over 100 until just a couple of years ago.

I do remember that you could set your watch to the rain every summer afternoon.
That has kind of gone away in the last decade.

Know why they eat so much hot sauce in the steamy Deep South? Kills the mosquitoes...

:lol:

...but I will take 100 over 10 any day, and I've said that since 1988

Florida native use to think it was hot here in the summer till I worked in Kuwait for 2 years 130 degrees during August/September maybe 10-15% humidity but the bad part was when the sun went down maybe 100 degrees but 70-80% humidity sucks.
Brian
I’ve been to Kuwait a few times and it was the hottest place I’ve been to, especially port detail. No AC in the tents full of boots can get pretty smelly

Ahhhh !!!! POP...Glug..glug...glug.

Waiting (Bracing) for the retort. Lll
72D5317B-8298-4683-A082-052BCD8F3529.jpeg
3D008651-9DF9-4BC2-B70F-9C78FA567CD3.jpeg
85A7B6B9-51E9-4239-9C40-52ACA7AAF940.jpeg
6A88C39D-6C31-453A-934A-AA73C1E211DF.jpeg

I hear people saying be careful at Carlisle with the heat, stay hydrated, etc.
Huh?
I'm not did-respectin' but come-on. How bad could it be? You ever thrown hay for a summer job, or hoed orange tree's?
Guess I'll find out how bad PA is.

Everyone....

The reason is that in Carlie, there is no shade. The nominal temperatures of Pa. aren’t in the mid to upper 90’s. The heat index can rise above 110 and often does. Humidity is very high for the MoPar meet. It’s just that time of year, the dog days of summer. Up north, it truly is a killer as most people die this time of year due to the Oppressive heat and humidity increase. Normal summer temps are mid to high ‘80’s. The fairgrounds are devoid of a breeze.

The heat swing from winter to summer is way way way larger than yours by many degrees. Winter temps can plummeting well below zero, wind chill not included.

Southerners. Ya scoff at this. But do remember that it is all relative. You guys cry at temps that we still run around in a light jacket and while 3 feet of snow is no joke, we can handle it and drive through it. We laugh when northern Ga. closes down on an inch of snow. BUT we do understand lack of driving experience and NO snow removal equipment makes that a serious matter for you guys. Yes! Do stay at home and snap pictures!
Be safe!

Carlie’s stagnated oppressive heat normally comes during the time of year when we call it a heat wave. It’s never a joke when temps rise 10, 15+ degrees over normal.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Do stay hydrated!!!!!!

Last edited:
I love Carlisle. I love the food I found along the trip from Missouri to Carlisle, made it twice!!! Second trip there back in mid to late 90's, I took a load of GOOD parts Well it got hor and humid lke 102 degrees, humid, little wind. AT 10 pm it was still like 100 degrees! Those NE guys walked around with their sweat rags bitching and whinning, were not in the mod to buy!!!
I final sold some stuff like Sunday AM, like shaker hood for $600!!!
Hot Weather Pussies! lol But balls of steel in the winter!!!!!!!

Hey that Idaho is a pretty place, but it is June and you guys in heavy winter coats!!!!!! hahahahahahahahha

That was last week. It will be 95 next week and 100+ is coming soon ! We were at about 6000 ft there and the peaks were at 8500 ft

Today was hot here in sunny manitoba 85 or so. No wind.
So working outside in the shade isnt bad. Night is still pretty cool though.
4-5 more days of it then maybe some rain.
I used to love the heat, swimming,cruising with the windows down,a/c was nonexistant way back when, businesses and people with money had a/c
And the cars with a/c didint exist in my circle of friends.

Its not unbearable, dont know how you southern’ers manage.

Wipe ur eye, sorry eh !
Snow birds, Hawaii is full of them. And we get bad weather, Volcanos, Hurricanes, Huge waves. So u not the only one !
@SGBARRACUDA i do apologize. My bad !
But i dont need Assholes like @Valiant63 to tell me to shut the **** up. By the way, hope u get better ! Hospital suck !
All i was trying to do was to get @SGBARRACUDA to smile a little. Once again sorry SG !

Sorry about that. My apologies to you. In my defense it was the middle of the night I was in pain in the morphine wasn't working. I'm really not an AH all the time. ;-)

Sorry about that. My apologies to you. In my defense it was the middle of the night I was in pain in the morphine wasn't working. I'm really not an AH all the time. ;-)
All good brah, I can feel ur pain ! Get that way myself sometimes!
We Good my Friend, Aloha

Yup! Florida sucks balls in the summer. Too hot to do much of anything. I try to think of it as a reverse winter. It's just the season when the weather is too extreme to do much in.

Nailed it. Head to the garage on the weekends just after sun up and get the flock out of there by noon...

Born there a bit further north but know the summer heat. It is good and keeps you hardy!

56083956-76A7-4DF9-9A21-34A76426C5B6.jpeg
MN gets hot too.

I’ll take below zero over this any day of the week.
6C431FC6-69D1-48D1-B6FD-150A57335018.jpeg

6E52C45C-BBAF-469F-9148-128D2E5D8FA4.jpeg

Last edited:
When people find out I Grew up in MN they always say “Bet you are glad to be away from the cold”. To which I respond....Cold doesnt bother me. Its bugs and humidity I couldnt stand!

-
Back