Open invitation to come to the Sunshine state

-
Everyone....

The reason is that in Carlie, there is no shade. The nominal temperatures of Pa. aren’t in the mid to upper 90’s. The heat index can rise above 110 and often does. Humidity is very high for the MoPar meet. It’s just that time of year, the dog days of summer. Up north, it truly is a killer as most people die this time of year due to the Oppressive heat and humidity increase. Normal summer temps are mid to high ‘80’s. The fairgrounds are devoid of a breeze.

The heat swing from winter to summer is way way way larger than yours by many degrees. Winter temps can plummeting well below zero, wind chill not included.

Southerners. Ya scoff at this. But do remember that it is all relative. You guys cry at temps that we still run around in a light jacket and while 3 feet of snow is no joke, we can handle it and drive through it. We laugh when northern Ga. closes down on an inch of snow. BUT we do understand lack of driving experience and NO snow removal equipment makes that a serious matter for you guys. Yes! Do stay at home and snap pictures!
Be safe!

Carlie’s stagnated oppressive heat normally comes during the time of year when we call it a heat wave. It’s never a joke when temps rise 10, 15+ degrees over normal.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Do stay hydrated!!!!!!
I get it. It's going to be hot and humid. This is a Floridians thread about Florida summer weather. If it was anywhere else my post would be different. Yes, if you're not used to it be careful. My point was I don't care how hot and humid it is up there, it can't be worse then Florida in July and August. If it is I'll report back and give my honest opinion and sincere southern apologies. Doubt it..........

Dan, I can only report what other northerners have reported to me. It’s the same weather only hotter with what I know as the dog days of summer that last up here only a few weeks to a month at worst is a all summer event for you guys.

No apologies needed!

Dan, I can only report what other northerners have reported to me. It’s the same weather only hotter with what I know as the dog days of summer that last up here only a few weeks to a month at worst is a all summer event for you guys.

No apologies needed!

Yeah that's the deal, it just goes on and on. And when you're first hundred degree day is in April that sucks. When you're in the sweet spot middle part of the country you live in freaking Tornado Alley. LOL. We all have our crosses to bear. Good news is if we get tired of it we can move!

Everyone....

The reason is that in Carlie, there is no shade. The nominal temperatures of Pa. aren’t in the mid to upper 90’s. The heat index can rise above 110 and often does. Humidity is very high for the MoPar meet. It’s just that time of year, the dog days of summer. Up north, it truly is a killer as most people die this time of year due to the Oppressive heat and humidity increase. Normal summer temps are mid to high ‘80’s. The fairgrounds are devoid of a breeze.

The heat swing from winter to summer is way way way larger than yours by many degrees. Winter temps can plummeting well below zero, wind chill not included.

Southerners. Ya scoff at this. But do remember that it is all relative. You guys cry at temps that we still run around in a light jacket and while 3 feet of snow is no joke, we can handle it and drive through it. We laugh when northern Ga. closes down on an inch of snow. BUT we do understand lack of driving experience and NO snow removal equipment makes that a serious matter for you guys. Yes! Do stay at home and snap pictures!
Be safe!

Carlie’s stagnated oppressive heat normally comes during the time of year when we call it a heat wave. It’s never a joke when temps rise 10, 15+ degrees over normal.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Do stay hydrated!!!!!!

X2 drink lots of liquids, water, Gatorade etc, stay away from the beer, and sugar drinks.
In the last few years I think it go worse, when they paved the walking paths, which makes your feet feel better at the end of the day, but just imagine standing in the middle of a parking lot for 12+ hrs.
We are in the middle of a horrible heat wave here, I have alot of car stuff to do, but cannot stand to be outside much after 2PM.

I get it. It's going to be hot and humid. This is a Floridians thread about Florida summer weather. If it was anywhere else my post would be different. Yes, if you're not used to it be careful. My point was I don't care how hot and humid it is up there, it can't be worse then Florida in July and August. If it is I'll report back and give my honest opinion and sincere southern apologies. Doubt it..........

Agree but since this has morphed to Carlisle disagree. It can be worse. With all the folks and activity its like a mini heat island that raises temps at least 10 degrees on site. Like rumble said there is no shade unless you get under tent or go into one of the buildings.
I personally love the woman's oasis as a single old man.
Will never forget 2012. Worst Mid Atlantic heatwave in 100 yrs. Every day at Carlisle was 100 plus. People were dropping like flies.
The bonus is when weather is hot or nasty it favors a buyer big time.

I just realized I need to change the way I live, cause after enduring this heat, I realize there's no way I can make it in Hell!

Last edited:
It dies not matter what state you are in, IF the temp and humidity are high, especially with no wind... it is what it is. Only question is how many days of the year typically you have there and do you like such.
having been raied in SW Ga I watch weather there and back in old homeplace of Missouri. Heat and temp lately has been very high in S Ga even hotter than Fl, but humid both places.

I'd like to welcome you snow birds down to get a taste of the REAL Florida! Not that Sissy November,December, January stuff. Yesterday it was 98 Degrees with a feels like temp of 112! Today we had a Fl. cold front come thru, yea only 97 degrees and a feels like temp of 111!
So come on down. Don't forget your jacket. Eh?

I moved From Michigan(I was a Glass furnace heat treat controller so I could stay warm up there) after 55years up there to Florida FOR the heat, makes my old broken bones feel better. Now the humidity does a number on me for a couple of months, but I'd be in a wheelchair if I had to go back to Michigan and live. I was up there last November for a funeral and it liked to have killed me. I couldn't get warn with 5 layers of clothing on and didn't really thaw out up till I hit Valdosta Georgia.

I hear people saying be careful at Carlisle with the heat, stay hydrated, etc.
Huh?
I'm not did-respectin' but come-on. How bad could it be? You ever thrown hay for a summer job, or hoed orange tree's?
Guess I'll find out how bad PA is.
Going to Pa from Florida? take a jacket, the night s SUCK! I had to buy one since I left mine at home forgetting exactly where I was going (DUH)

Yeah, you can keep that stifling heat and humidity. I lived in Marion County for about 10 years, great in the winter, not so great in the summer if'n you have to work outside.
the way I look at it is summer is up norths winter except only 2.5months long (part of june,july and august)instead of 5 (october-feb) I can deal with the heat. Humidity is bad during the afternoon, morning are not too bad neither is evenings and nights, sort of 180 turn around from a winter day where it might be sunny for a couple hours and it might be warmer for those hours but mornings,evenings and nights can freeze your %%$#^ off. to me that's a win/win, more working time on my cars!

Going to Pa from Florida? take a jacket, the night s SUCK! I had to buy one since I left mine at home forgetting exactly where I was going (DUH)
Yea, sounds like a lovely spring day. haha

I grew up in central PA, lots of humidity year-round so the summers are hot and muggy and the winter air bites through your bones (plus the sky will stay overcast for 3-5 weeks at a time). Weather in CO can be pretty extreme but the thin dry air makes high/low temps not feel as bad, also very little bugs around in the warmer months.

I also lived in Dubai for a while and have visited the UAE multiple times during summer; it's like someone else explained, the heat is so intense (120+ degrees F with 80+% humidity) you literally can't spend more than 15 minutes outside or you'll get heat stroke. Summer over there is like winter here, everyone just stays indoors with A/C blasting during the day then they go out late at night to the malls and such. Cool thing is lots of places stay open late into the night, you can go hang out at the mall and watch a movie at 1AM lol.

! hr north of Houston like being in central Fl! Don't mind hear , but hate humidity and lack of wind . My goal is for US to be West of I35 in a year!!

Late July and early Aug where I grew up in South East OH can match FL, but the sustained humidity in FL is the killer. 90+% humidity even at 85 degrees is quite unbearable.

So here's my review of the Pennsylvania summer weather. It was like a nice Florida April spring day. LOL like almost no humidity. My buddy that grew up here but lives up there said the two don't compare. When I told him about the debate he laughed. He said, "yeah we get Florida summer like weather about two weekends a year."
That being said Florida doesn't have anything like the Amish farm country. What a beautiful place it is up there.

-
Back