Opinions please

-
It's a nice little car. Got discs, 8.750 and is already a V8 car. Plus it's soild and low miles. If YOU think it's a good deal where it's priced, what the hell difference do our opinions make? I say get it if you want it. It's cool. Solid little cars don't come along all the time.

That car was in the 29 palms area a few years ago. In fact, I remembered where I saw the car and found it google maps street view just a few minutes ago. IIRC, it was for sale here for a bit under 4K, might have been closer to 3K.

74020 gorgonio drive 29 palms, ca

North side of street, go east from where the street view lands.

It was a pretty solid car from what I remember. I wanted to buy it because of the color, but, already had too much stuff around.

That car was in the 29 palms area a few years ago. In fact, I remembered where I saw the car and found it google maps street view just a few minutes ago. IIRC, it was for sale here for a bit under 4K, might have been closer to 3K.

It was a pretty solid car from what I remember. I wanted to buy it because of the color, but, already had too much stuff around.
Was it in the same condition? what did the roof look like? mouldings? supposed to be still original paint, looks like it.

$$$.Americans need to realize that we don,t have these cars as daily drivers(salty winters ate them up years ago)and what we do have up here has either been restored $$ or has a bunch of bondo in it or frame replacement.

you do know all the united states isn't like arizona right? ever see a car that spent its entire life in NJ? exactly like you explained. that car isn't worth 6500 especially in this economy.

Before I comment...is it the car of your dreams? r u OK with the 318 and bench seats?
or would you "prefer" a 340 and buckets? this is YOUR call....ONLY YOU know if this meets all your expectations....and if it does and you want only a lil work to do....like replacing vinyl and given her a paint job..... then I say go for it..... just remember decent paint jobs run anywhere from 3,000 to 10,000, vinyl tops are only around 500 installed, depending on vinyl you select..... HOPEFULLY you are planning on some other COLOR beside the "sick baby poop" that is currently on her....it is a nice car BUT that color is GAWDAWFULL
MHO

Isn't that color butterscotch? People kill for that here in Carolina! Zero rust, 318 and ralley's goes for $3500 here!

Looks about the same as it did when I saw it. Trim was off, roof painted.

if its in ontario id take a day and go look at it personally and not just rely on pics and the persons word. also it does sound a bit high to me, id go 5k on it if it was me, considering that when i looked at it it was all good.

It needs some IMO to be "nice", but you'd be hard pressed to get a Northeastern car that solid and Maaco painted for $6K. In this market I'd low ball it, but overall it's not bad for tha money IMO. I wouldnt paint it. I'd leave the painted roof and eventually put a white top on it. I love the color...

you do know all the united states isn't like arizona right? ever see a car that spent its entire life in NJ? exactly like you explained. that car isn't worth 6500 especially in this economy.
This is your opinion Joe,in YOUR economy(USA).Here in Ontario,Canada there,s nothing wrong with OUR economy?My opinion is,the car is worth it seeing it would sell for $4000 in the States.To have it shipped to 65Vart would cost in the range of $2000,then add tax to the price of purchase,your looking at another $500 atleast..=$6500.This is just my opinion.:thumrigh:

she is distracting!

all in all, it's hard to find any really nice clean bodied cars. once all the cost's are factored on this puppy for it to be landed here, it's not a bad price. Cars are like a painting, everyone see them different.
the days are getting harder, the works getting tougher and the dollars getting tighter to find any CHEAP solid bodied car.
Good luck with it.

Stop and think. Let us take my 70 Butchered 70 Duster as an example, No rust anymore. In primer. 340, 727, no number match. What would it go for? If I couldn't get 10, it would sit in the shop until I die.

I can only assume that the guys who hate the color are probably the same guys who like Plum Crazy. Color is always a matter of personal opinion, but Bahama Yellow rocks!

Rust free cars are hard to find anywhere! You can eat up a lot of money repairing rust, and if it's not done right, it WILL be back. Check it out real good ( bring a small magnet with you ) and if it is what you want, go for it! Good Luck....
(All the mechanical stuff can be fixed or replaced, once the body is gone, it's junk. Start with a solid foundation....)

well if you think you got a great deal then you got a great deal.i stoped asking people on prices.so i have always just thought if i got a good deal then i did and you got a new car

Congratulations man. I know you're excited...and you got a good deal.

-
Back