opinions wanted on east coast beaches

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
getting married in november and going to a beach for the honeymoon. was thinking virginia beach, but thinking it might be too cold in november, so now leaning towards myrtle beach. will be driving from ny and only want to spend 1 day driving down and 1 day driving back so that leaves florida out. will be driving so that we can spend some time looking around north carolina (inland.) i would be grateful to any opinions on any beaches between virginia and south carolina.:love3:

November can be a bit cold for beach weather in the Mid atlantic region. Basically I would recommend going as far south as you can Myrtle Beach or even farther south in SC.

I have seen warm weather at Va. Beach in December, that is not normally the case. Most of the beaches north of SC will be sort of closed down for the winter season by November. Why not fly somewhere really warm if you want real beach weather, it is your honeymoon.

Bob

November can be a bit cold for beach weather in the Mid atlantic region. Basically I would recommend going as far south as you can Myrtle Beach or even farther south in SC.

I have seen warm weather at Va. Beach in December, that is not normally the case. Most of the beaches north of SC will be sort of closed down for the winter season by November. Why not fly somewhere really warm if you want real beach weather, it is your honeymoon.

Bob
good points, the only reason for driving is to check out NC after a couple days at the beach which we are planning on moving to. she is a little scared to fly too. neither one of us care to swim ,we just wanna see the ocean.

I really enjoyed Myrtle Beach when I had gone there, even during the off-season in December

From what I remember of Glyn*dam*co Georgia when I was back there, you better keep goin' to Florida

My wife & I got married on November 23rd and had our honeymoon in Saint Augustine, FL and then headed up to Georgia and stayed at Jekyll Island and St. Simons Island. It was definitely NOT beach weather up there but still beautiful. The King & Prince Resort was amazing as was the Jekyll Island Resort.

Carolina Beach is very beautiful. Just take I 40 East off I 95 and follow till it ends. (about 1-1 1/2 hrs east from I 95) Hotels out there are pretty reasonable.

Being on Virginia Beach in November isn't likely going to be much fun. Most of the shops on the boardwalk will be closed, but you never know about the weather. Two years ago we were motorcycle riding on Thanksgiving Day. I would suggest going South farther, at least to Myrtle Beach.
-Jon

If there is any way you can take more time, go to St. Augustine, better beaches, better weather, much more interesting and romantic.

I know you said fla is not an option but if you could get more time drive down to Destin Fla.Took the family there last year and it was awsome! White sand and great weather!

good points, the only reason for driving is to check out NC after a couple days at the beach which we are planning on moving to. she is a little scared to fly too. neither one of us care to swim ,we just wanna see the ocean.

where in NC are you looking? hell you can see the beach almost anywhere up and down the coast. i'd just cruise around NC and leave the beach till nicer time of year.

North Myrtle would be nicer place to stay. Check out Little River also... they have a motel there that is affordable, clean, and quiet. That will put you close to a large stretch of beach front and the surrounding points of interest.

I would go all the way to Orlando. There are lots of things to see and do around Disney World without ever entering a park. The Pop Cantury Resort is one of the more affordable places to stay but if you are a java junkie like me take a coffee maker with you LOL
Then you can stop at Daytona Beach , drive on it or kick your shoes off and get sand between your toes on the way home.

ok you all got me thinking now , sounds like the majority are saying florida. maybe i will need to replan the entire trip. who knows maybe the house will sell by then and i will already be living in carolina then i could drive to florida.

I vote for Myrtle Beach. Its a zoo in the summer time, but I expect the off season would be great. This is a little crazy, but for me, the beach just doesn't seem like the beach without some sort of palm trees to create a tropical feel. Myrtle Beach is about as far north as you'll find palm trees. And I would expect that even in the off season theres alot to do in Myrtle Beach. I'm been to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and to me it just seemed like a big sand bar. Virginia Beach is okay, but can't compare to Myrtle Beach.

getting married in november and going to a beach for the honeymoon. was thinking virginia beach, but thinking it might be too cold in november, so now leaning towards myrtle beach. will be driving from ny and only want to spend 1 day driving down and 1 day driving back so that leaves florida out. will be driving so that we can spend some time looking around north carolina (inland.) i would be grateful to any opinions on any beaches between virginia and south carolina.:love3:

Myrtle Beach is a wonderful choice.

-
Back