opinions wanted

-

DiggerDart

Reaction score
Have a 68 dart post car. It has the Gts stipes on the back already. Bought it that way. My / Is should I put the Gts hood on it or not? I'm not sure myself. It's not a Gts and I don't say it is ut would like some opinions on this please. know in the end it's my choice but thanks. BobT.

Have a 68 dart post car. It has the Gts stipes on the back already. Bought it that way. My / Is should I put the Gts hood on it or not? I'm not sure myself. It's not a Gts and I don't say it is ut would like some opinions on this please. know in the end it's my choice but thanks. BobT.
It is clearly up to you, if you park it in the garage, go to bed, and then wake up in the morning and turn light on in the garage and it makes you smile, you did it exactly right!

I say fix it like you want it.

also, my opinion is, I like boobs.
BOOBS.jpeg

I've got a frankendart similar to what you're describing. '68 Dart sedan with '69 GTS stripe on back and 68 GTS hood. I got it like that, so I don't mind. Also, it does everything I want it to, so I don't care what others think. Personally, I like the shape of the GTS hood better than the non-GTS hood, regardless of whether it's on a GTS or not.

Welcome aboard Bob!

Your car your way! The bottom line is, what do you want your car to end up looking like? While the cost difference between a standard and GT cars can be a bit wide, dressing up the standard model to look like the upgraded or top level car is done often and not a big thing.

Trying to pass one off as such is the bad thing. As in lie about it.
Trying to sell the standard dressed up as the upgraded model as if it was the upgraded model is a terrible thing and IMO, a crime.

Bottom line! Again, your car your way. Just make sure you enjoy it!

Thanks yeah not trying to scam anybody. Been thru thaton the other end but didn't bite on it. Car was ghost car. Not on here. Reported it for all the good it did.

In all fairness, you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone that your 68 Dart post car is a GTS. Just do it and don't look back. Be sure to post up some photos.

It's always good to keep the parts taken of your car so you can go back if you change your mind. Plus should something bad happen like a fire under the hood or a accident you have a replacement while you wait for the part. Plus should you ever sell it the new owner may want to make it different than it being your car. John(onecatnodog)
IMG_6202.jpg

Good Idea there. Thanks onecatnodog. Hadn't thought of that. Nice pic, I'm a old Air Force vet. B52 was top dog in my days in.

-
Back