Other hobbies?

-
Other than Building muscle cars.....

parker_spring_classic_4-12-2008_137.jpg

HPIM8877.jpg

l_c379066bcd46d86b4e3e19a287332246.jpg

11-14021.jpg

Off roading (in my Ramcharger of cource, lol), riding my Harley, Camping, Hiking, & guns (lots of guns :evil2: )

Hey BD! I think I know you from www.ramchargercentral.com Good to see you here. :cheers:

Hobbies:
Camping
Fishing
Used to hunt but just haven't since moving to Colorado
My Rottwieler mixes
Smoking
Drinking
Home Repair/carpentry/electrical
Fixing/repairing/improving anything and everything
Women (goes along well with drinking and smoking since I can't fix, repair or improve them)
Welding and metal fabrication
4wheeling to get to my camping and fishing spots. The journey is half the fun.
Shooting and reloading although I haven't set up my reloading bench at the new place yet.
Electronics
Computers
Music

I think thats it. 8)

is that a banshee sand drag bike cause that thing is sweet. and i also had an r/c car until i crashed it and blew it up in the process. hopefully i can get back into them but with all the cash flow is goin into the duster that doesnt look like anytime soon.and dont ask how i crashed im just gonna say it was a really long straight away and a big jump. #-o

Other than cars.... model cars and art (painting, drawing, amateur photography).... and I play guitar...

A new practical interest that will be further refined: making things that will remove significant portions of my digits if I fail to respect them.
3287058788_7f1ea47bba.jpg

Note: The edge has since been cleaned-up a bit
photostream

Been playing jazz on an electric guitar since 1954... not "old" jazz, like traditional, Dixieland, New Orleans, or swing era jazz; all that stuff was before my time. I just got in on what they call the "post Bop" era, which features guys like Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, Oscar Peterson, Jimmy Smith, and Howard Roberts. Never heard of those guys?

Not surprised; seems like all the guitar players on this forum are rock and roll enthusiasts. Or, folk music devotees.... or, Country (C & W) players.

I heard a joke the other day that relates to how unpopular jazz is in the mainstream.

EMCEE, "Why did you decided to become a JAZZ musician?"
Horn player, "Because I hate crowds!"

If anyone cares, I have 2 guitars; a 1964 Fender Musicmaster that I bought new in '66, and an Epiphone Zephyr acoustic/electric (see pic) that I bought new in 2005.

I play in local bands when they can find work. Jazz is not exactly a hot commidity in Arkansas (never was,) but, playing it is at least as much fun as driving my Vortech-blown, 360 Magnum-powered Valiant! 8)

epiphone3.jpg

A new practical interest that will be further refined: making things that will remove significant portions of my digits if I fail to respect them.
3287058788_7f1ea47bba.jpg

Note: The edge has since been cleaned-up a bit
photostream

My grandfather used to make knives from old files. He used figured walnut for the handles with brass and/or copper ferrels. I still wear a scar on my ring finger of my left hand from one of those knives. It was so sharp I didn`t even feel it slice through my finger as I wiped it clean. 7 stitches to put it back together. My brother made off with all of those knives and I have yet to find anything that compared to them. Great hobby, I love the wood you`ve chosen for the handle and you might give old files a chance if you need a good steel for those blades.

QUOTE=Bill Dedman;457200]Been playing jazz on an electric guitar since 1954... not "old" jazz, like traditional, Dixieland, New Orleans, or swing era jazz; all that stuff was before my time. I just got in on what they call the "post Bop" era, which features guys like Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, Oscar Peterson, Jimmy Smith, and Howard Roberts. Never heard of those guys?
Not surprised; seems like all the guitar players on this forum are rock and roll enthusiasts. Or, folk music devotees.... or, Country (C & W) players.
I heard a joke the other day that relates to how unpopular jazz is in the mainstream.
If anyone cares, I have 2 guitars; a 1964 Fender Musicmaster that I bought new in '66, and an Epiphone Zephyr acoustic/electric (see pic) that I bought new in 2005.
I play in local bands when they can find work. Jazz is not exactly a hot commidity in Arkansas (never was,) but, playing it is at least as much fun as driving my Vortech-blown, 360 Magnum-powered Valiant! 8)[/QUOTE]

All of the really good players play jazz, the easy money is in rock! Lol! :-D

Longgone sez... "All of the really good players play jazz, the easy money is in rock! Lol!"

I wondered where it was.... :angry7:

There sure is some great hobbies here =P~
Me, I enjoy tracking and seeing mother nature as best I can, Stealthy motions for exercise and watching for that pack of coyotes or cats here in Arkansas, Playing the drums when I have the opportunity too.
When I am stuck in the house I build a model for sanity
Fishing and cooking and camping with my Victoria "66 valiant"
A trip to the drag strip with a cooler full and a grill going meeting new folks at the track.
My new hobby is enjoying the lack of worrying if I have a pack of cigarettes in my pocket :-D

In the last picture is just a dream to leave everyone for a couple weeks and collect my self and abilities
to take care of myself and enjoy the things I did as a child.

1%20model333.jpg

1%20model3333.jpg

1%20model9999.jpg

1%20model%202eg1.jpg

1%20modeltr2.jpg

do not smoke 014.jpg

waterfalltipi4.jpg

My all time favorite race car... Gorgeous model!!!! Did you build it, or is it a discast?

Revell, I think, used to have a kit for that car with working springs doors, hood, steering etc... It was plastic (this was in 1961.) My roomate built one. It was nice, but didn't ever look as good as yours...

What about the white color; was their car ever white?

I can't remember...

Thanks for any info!

GREAT car....

Bill

Building Mopar junker models

I like those... nice work!

There sure is some great hobbies here =P~
Me, I enjoy tracking and seeing mother nature as best I can, Stealthy motions for exercise and watching for that pack of coyotes or cats here in Arkansas, Playing the drums when I have the opportunity too.
When I am stuck in the house I build a model for sanity
Fishing and cooking and camping with my Victoria "66 valiant"
A trip to the drag strip with a cooler full and a grill going meeting new folks at the track.
My new hobby is enjoying the lack of worrying if I have a pack of cigarettes in my pocket :-D

In the last picture is just a dream to leave everyone for a couple weeks and collect my self and abilities
to take care of myself and enjoy the things I did as a child.

I like your Tee Pee Mike... most men have dog houses you have a Tee Pee!:-D

Knife making... I hear ya!

What type of wood is that?

My all time favorite race car... Gorgeous model!!!! Did you build it, or is it a discast?

Revell, I think, used to have a kit for that car with working springs doors, hood, steering etc... It was plastic (this was in 1961.) My roomate built one. It was nice, but didn't ever look as good as yours...

What about the white color; was their car ever white?

I can't remember...

Thanks for any info!

GREAT car....

Bill
I did that on last winter Bill, And thank you :-D

One of my all time favorites to they did do a white one but the power plant was a Olds engine. After all the decals was put in the correct place I clear coated it. Thank you again for you complement.

1model3.jpg

1model11.jpg

ebay402%20056.jpg

Enjoying my other favorite hobby with my Daughter's Brother in law.

Hence the title, rock n roll losers, a little sloppy after a couple beers.

Spaz

That's good bud!

How long have you been playing?

I'm still learning... it's easy to get derailed and not practice... like staying on the computer all of the time! :-D

Spaz

That's good bud!

How long have you been playing?

I'm still learning... it's easy to get derailed and not practice... like staying on the computer all of the time! :-D

Since I was a kid, but I can't read a note, and I don't have the patience to even learn tab, I tried it and got frustrated, but I can hear any tone and blend in like water so I guess I play by ear and I can pretty much pick up any musical instrument and just play.

I'm terrible at math and paying attention to written material but music is one thing that just comes natural to me.

I'd probably be pretty dangerous if I could read music and apply it to the fretboard though, but that won't happen any time soon.

When im not working on my mopars im working on my old school gms, when im not doing that im 4 wheeln or drinkin beer. the best hobby i have that pays the bills is runnin heavy equipment, the bigger the muddier the better

Been playing jazz on an electric guitar since 1954... not "old" jazz, like traditional, Dixieland, New Orleans, or swing era jazz; all that stuff was before my time. I just got in on what they call the "post Bop" era, which features guys like Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, Oscar Peterson, Jimmy Smith, and Howard Roberts. Never heard of those guys?

I play in local bands when they can find work. Jazz is not exactly a hot commidity in Arkansas (never was,) but, playing it is at least as much fun as driving my Vortech-blown, 360 Magnum-powered Valiant! 8)

Oh man, you jazz players are the best, most versatile guitar guys ever.
I love listening to jazz guitar with all the weird changes and strange notes, very different style altogether, but cool and hard to immitate.

-
Back