Our great member Tony Fields Last Ride

-
Tony & Thelma are wonderful people!! We met them for the 1st time in 2011 at Mopar Monster Weekend in Indy & had a great time despite the weather LOL

Hope their travels are safe & looking forward to their arrival :D

MMW 2011 126.jpg

MMW 2011 131.jpg

As many of us know Tony Fields has been declining in health :( and has called and said Mike, I am out on a long haul to enjoy my last ride :popcorn: Tony has took many long rides around the states in the past and enjoys getting out to meet people, his barracuda has been in a few Hot Rod power tours and made the long haul, but this was back in 2010, 20012 I believe.
If you have had any great memories with this great man please do join in and wish him well (health has took a turn on him) as we know , I love these two :) Thelma has stood strong by his side many years enjoying these tours, but now she is taking Tony on his last ride around the country.
I have been talking with him and he said he wants to come to the hill and enjoy a Bud Lite with me here in Arkansas at my home for a quick stop. It will be his first time here.
Tony is now in a wheel chair and will be the passenger as his wife takes him on this last ride.

Say hello to our old friend and take the time to share a picture of you and Tony together you have enjoyed in the past please please, this will mean allot to our old friend :thankyou::thankyou:

My wife and many fabo friends enjoying his home back about 4 years ago.

Love you big brother.. The last picture is Tony and his wife Thelma 4 to 5 years ago.

View attachment 1715075216

View attachment 1715075229

View attachment 1715075230

Tony is one of the coolest guys I've ever met. I wish him a fun time on his potentially last journey around the states.

On of the coolest garages I have ever walked in in my life

View attachment 1715075338

View attachment 1715075339

yeah, his garage is amazing, the FABO wall and veteran wall is amazing!

Tony, I've never met you, but I'm sorry for your health issues. Hope you enjoy your tour of the country.

God bless you both, Tony and Thelma! Though we have never met, I have enjoyed your posts and the great attitude you have exuded with us, your fellow Mopar family. If you make it to NJ, make sure you contact me for a meet & greet! God speed!

These stories that are surfacing about Tony and Thelma really show what great folks these two are. I have never met either of them but I have enjoyed Tony on FABO. I sincerely hope they have safe travels and great times with fellow FABO members. Memories are being made. I believe MeMike is hosting as we speak. I wish I could be there.

These stories that are surfacing about Tony and Thelma really show what great folks these two are. I have never met either of them but I have enjoyed Tony on FABO. I sincerely hope they have safe travels and great times with fellow FABO members. Memories are being made. I believe MeMike is hosting as we speak. I wish I could be there.
We found them a hotel and they are going to hang out here in town and rest for a couple days , I am going to go bother them this morning for a while and give them some company, Thelma said that will mean allot to Tony if I could :), They are my number one priority to enjoy my big brother while we have him :)

Waiting on Tony and Thelma to arrive yesterday, this is an 1/8 mile from the hill :steering:

20431222_1754157237932948_2629567339270291523_n.jpg

We found them a hotel and they are going to hang out here in town and rest for a couple days , I am going to go bother them this morning for a while and give them some company, Thelma said that will mean allot to Tony if I could :), They are my number one priority to enjoy my big brother while we have him :)
Please give him a hug for us Mike! Thelma too.

Doing what we do best :lol:, cold beer and Enjoying some gab time and he loves my cottage on the hill, all 980 square feet of it. Tony and Thelma say hello (Last night)

20376041_1754685741213431_5481386096674725575_n.jpg

Billy and I had a wonderful visit yesterday meeting Tony and Thelma for the first time. Although they didn't get to stay too long, we made some great memories. It was an honor being included on the tour and I wish them both nothing but the best. Sorry, I forgot to get any pictures.

Tony and Thelma are resting and kicked back like a King and Queen in a very nice hotel awaiting a treat from the Brick Oven. We are enjoying some groovy time together

1501182595507.jpg

Here's a picture that Tony should recognize...

I drew it on the bathroom wall in his garage while at MMW...

Zero 02.jpg

Memike, I am sure ya'll are like brothers and that is so awesome he wanted to come and spend some time with you and make more precious memories to last a lifetime.Wish I had met both of you because I can tell you both the kind I would like to hang with. Show Tony and Thelma a good time and let them know we all love them and praying they have a safe journey. I know Thelma will take great care of him, you Alabama friend Joe

I had a very nice few hours visit again with Tony and Thelma again yesterday, as I leaved the hotel my hart sank knowing I may never see Tony again :(
They are leaving this morning heading south on 49 to I55 toward Texas, prayers for strength and healing hands to be with him on his Last Ride.
Love you Tony and Thelma, safe travels my brother.

I will never forget my emotional and loving time you gave me when I met Nella and @cosgig and there family, many great loving memories you handed me ..

DSCF3770A (Medium).jpg

I had a very nice few hours visit again with Tony and Thelma again yesterday, as I leaved the hotel my hart sank knowing I may never see Tony again :(
They are leaving this morning heading south on 49 to I55 toward Texas, prayers for strength and healing hands to be with him on his Last Ride.
Love you Tony and Thelma, safe travels my brother.

I will never forget my emotional and loving time you gave me when I met Nella and @cosgig and there family, many great loving memories you handed me ..

View attachment 1715076446

There was magic in the air that day, Mike! Everybody felt it!! Meeting everybody that day was the best time imaginable, we will never forget how much you all mean to us! And to Tony, the love we felt for you and Thelma that day has grown over the years, you are very special to us, and we would like you to know how much we love you!! Enjoy your trip and all the joy it brings you, you are most deserving!!!

-
Back