Paddock Closed

-

WildCat

Reaction score
A friend of mine bought the 71 Challenger RT that sat on the Paddock show floor.

Ask him what was up.

He said that they were closed and they will be auctioning off soon. The owner isn't happy about this, but it was out of his control with the economy the way it was the past 1 1/2. Sales were off 50%, bank got nervous, end of story.

Hope that some of the other suppliers are able to weather the storm of the economy. I have my Dart done but if I were to do another car, or just need something for the dart it was nice to know I could drive out to the Paddock and get the part I needed. Now I will have to look on internet or magazine and have it shipped from vendors far away.

Over the years they provided great parts and service, hope all that has dealt with them in the recent past got what they paid for or credit on another part before they closed.

A friend of mine bought the 71 Challenger RT that sat on the Paddock show floor.

Ask him what was up.

He said that they were closed and they will be auctioning off soon. The owner isn't happy about this, but it was out of his control with the economy the way it was the past 1 1/2. Sales were off 50%, bank got nervous, end of story.

Hope that some of the other suppliers are able to weather the storm of the economy. I have my Dart done but if I were to do another car, or just need something for the dart it was nice to know I could drive out to the Paddock and get the part I needed. Now I will have to look on internet or magazine and have it shipped from vendors far away.

Over the years they provided great parts and service, hope all that has dealt with them in the recent past got what they paid for or credit on another part before they closed.

Was the Challenger Yellow 340 car?

This is sad. On a side note, remember that even though we wish we could buy our parts for nothing, businesses need to charge what they do in order to keep operating.

Green Go 71 340 auto

71RT goGreen.jpg

This is the one my buddy bought from Wes that was on the showroom floor

71RT goGreen.jpg

Heres what you get when you click on a catalog from their main site. Maybe they are just going to down size.

"Thank you for visiting the Paddock, your source for performance and restoration parts.
We are temporarily unable to take calls or orders at this time. We appreciate your patience during a short period of reorganizing. We hope to be back to offering excellent service and the products you need for your restoration projects shortly.
If you have concerns that require assistance, please use the following e-mail temporarily to reach us [email protected]."

Hey i'm sure year one will always be around...

This is sad. On a side note, remember that even though we wish we could buy our parts for nothing, businesses need to charge what they do in order to keep operating.

sorry - I don't buy that for a second. The majority of these repo parts are being produced in China for pennies on the dollar. There is NO REASON that some of these parts should cost what they do.

Yeah,tried to get a Paddock Catalog,and no go !!! I'm amazed how Gov't feels they need to give stimulus monies to BIG Corp's,instead of the little guys like us that spend the money to stimulate the economy !!! Go figure !!

sorry - I don't buy that for a second. The majority of these repo parts are being produced in China for pennies on the dollar. There is NO REASON that some of these parts should cost what they do.

Agreed. I'm all for making a buck or so, just not millions at a time. And its true they can charge whatever the hell they want. But the simple fact is: I can also shop with whomever the hell I want as well. Money talks.

That message they have also makes me think twice. I'd be leary about sending an email to that address.

If yearone fails,its because of overpricing
I have bought from both,hate to see Paddock go
hate to see any business go for that matter

X3. This is why mopar is dying over pricing. Even in the used parts people think they have Barrett Jackson parts.The only people that can change this is the mopar family.Start lowering the prices on used parts and the aftermarket prices will half to come down. Chevy parts are cheap because the used parts are cheap.Most of us hear are building cars for the love of it and the pricing of things is killing moparI stated this before there are people on this site and now you are really seeing it on ebay people selling mopar parts to fund there chevy projects.How you can tell they have very high prices and will not come down on anything mopar plus I have seen them at flea markets and race tracks.I have gotten a re pore with a lot of people on hear and if I got what they want I will almost give it to them just to see there car up and running.There are some other people on hear that do the same thing and that is what it is going to take.We shouldn,t let mopar go down because of greed. Mark

There customer service was the worst at the Largo Florida location that closed years ago. Not surprised.

Agreeeeeeeeeed on the overpricing of MOPAR repo stuff.

i won't miss paddock. one of their early catalogs had a dart on the cover with the bumble bee stripe on it backwards. figured if they put something so wrong on the cover how the hell good can they be? never picked up another catalog from them, never went to their site. they just didn't exist to me.

If they truly made millions off parts that cost pennies then don't you think they would still be in business?

I love people that think everyone charges way to much for things all the while they have no idea what it takes to get that thing to market.

The reason they are gone is because most of us are struggling and can't afford to pump $$$ into our cars right now. They are failing because there is not that much margin and with sales down, there is no profit.

-
Back