Paint or.....powder coat?

-

lugnut1962

Banned
Reaction score
So..I am rebuilding the front end on my 69 Barracuda Notchback. The question is do i paint the parts I put back together...K frame, control arms...and stuff...or paint? I think with paint if there is a problem it is easy to touch up. But Powder coat looks so good. Maybe some of you have experience with both? Looking for imput from the experts....unlike me who is a well...a....uh.....lugnut....just learning. Any input is good.
Thanks a million..Lugnut1962

paint is cheaper and easier but if you do plan on powder coat talk to cudachick

Really depends how far you want to go with your car,and how deep your pockets are.

I find a happy medium between powder coating the K-frame and painting/clear coating the rest.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 202
Really depends how far you want to go with your car,and how deep your pockets are.

I find a happy medium between powder coating the K-frame and painting/clear coating the rest.

Show off.

lol

that face.....StrokerScamp.......paint or powdercoat?

They make this paint called Chassis Saver its sold at auto paint stores but not all so call around. This stuff is very hard when dry Its very hard to get off the floor i can tell you that. You can get it in semi or gloss and i think in a few different colors as well. What i mean by hard is its very durable and very hard to grind off

My k frame is powder coated, which has proven to be a good thing when the fuel pump started leaking... It's held up very well...

Lugnut, feel free to give me a call if I can answer any of your questions. It would be an honor to add you to the list of happy FABO customers. :-D

I agree thats the way to go.....Just did mine. They sandblasted and applied satin black powder coat for $70.00 and it done in 1 day.

Attachments

• duster 064.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 113
mmm...hmmm....looks good....i think it's what I need. After all, she is my girlfriend...don't believe me? just ask my wife.....Thanks all for the input......and still looking for an answer from strokerscamp....is that paint or powdercoat? Serious dude..we gotta know...
Lugnut1962

-
Back