Passon 5-speed

-
I dont even have half that in my tremec swap.

My 528 CU 603 HP Hemi in my old duster chewed my Tremec up! Power shifting 1 to 2 was a nightmare at times. Although I did love driving it on the highway. 70 MPH @ 2400 Rpm 354 rear gear

Attachments

• 276.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 951
My 528 CU 603 HP Hemi in my old duster chewed my Tremec up! Power shifting 1 to 2 was a nightmare at times. Although I did love driving it on the highway. 70 MPH @ 2400 Rpm 354 rear gear

was it a tremec 3550 or a newer TKO? TKO's suspose to handle more (mopar) power.

Enough engine will destroy a Tremec. My buddy has a 429 Fairlane that took apart a TKO600 in ways I've never seen. Fortunately for him the guy he bought it from guaranteed that it would hold up to his car so he' s putting the replacement in next Thursday. Hope it works better for him......
The Passon is supposed to hold 650 torque, which is yet to be seen, but if Jamie is claiming it the tranny will probably do it.

Enough engine will destroy a Tremec. My buddy has a 429 Fairlane that took apart a TKO600 in ways I've never seen. Fortunately for him the guy he bought it from guaranteed that it would hold up to his car so he' s putting the replacement in next Thursday. Hope it works better for him......
The Passon is supposed to hold 650 torque, which is yet to be seen, but if Jamie is claiming it the tranny will probably do it.

I might get one for my 68 Hemi Dart

WOW!!!! $4250.00 I'm sorry but I can't smoke enough dope or drink enough booze to justify that kind of money for that when there are so many other cheaper options out there! Not that it wouldn't be a great transmission to have! But it's cheaper to keep the wife!!! LOL.

If it does what Jammie says it will sell at $4250 easy there are alot of ppl that don`t want to cut up there tranny tunnel. The TKO won`t even fit a B body without cutting if you have a priceless Mopar you want to drive on the Hwy. its a bargin

If it does what Jammie says it will sell at $4250 easy there are alot of ppl that don`t want to cut up there tranny tunnel. The TKO won`t even fit a B body without cutting if you have a priceless Mopar you want to drive on the Hwy. its a bargin

I dig how you think Dude!

PassonA8555-speed640_zpscab962bb.jpg

Man that thing is Sexy!! and I`ve heard that the shifter comes with it

I hope Jamies product makes it to market, I for one would be in for it.
I hope it will will power-shift as good as a 833.

Just got off the phone with Jamie,
Sounds like over 300 people on the Canadian waiting list!
WOW @ $4250.00 each thats a Million Three.
No wonder he's making a 5 speed. wonder how many are on the US side?

Sounds like they will be avalible early next year........We'll wait and see!

I have to believe if Jamie said "early next year" he meant for people not already on the list. My understand per Jamie's posts on another website was that he would be shipping units in less than a month, and that was a week or more ago.

Don't think he is out 6 months on this. Maybe 6 months before he has built 500 or more so you can buy one, but not out 6 months on the start of production.

But I didn't talk to him directly, either. Just my 2 cents.

Just got off the phone with Jamie,
Sounds like over 300 people on the Canadian waiting list!
WOW @ $4250.00 each thats a Million Three.
No wonder he's making a 5 speed. wonder how many are on the US side?

Sounds like they will be avalible early next year........We'll wait and see!

Been hearing next year on this unit and that other one from McLeod for a while now......anybody ever feel like they are getting played??

Yeah, $4250 is a big chunk of change, but what do you have to change? Shorten your driveshaft, change the tranny mount? Thats nothing. Worth it for no cutting and basically a slip in no mod install. With the TK and TKO's you have to cut, then change a bunch of other stuff. Different bellhousing. This A855 will use an LA bell, bolt-on. Can you beat that with a stick? If I had the extra cash I would get one.

As I recall, you have to change the clutch disk to an 18 spline unit, too, if it isn't already. But that's all just nuts and bolts. There are no other options if you don't want to cut your car up.

The McLeod was vapor-ware, but it forced Jamie to show his hand way before he was ready. Can't find anything on it anymore, but Jamie is still working on his. And the pictures of the McLeod unit didn't show anything that would have bolted into a car without cutting the hump regradless of what they claimed, unlike Jamie's which looks to be the real deal.

I'm confident this will happen shortly.

Hate to point it out but, only people that got on the waiting list before a certain point will get it for $4295. Price went up to $4495 because he was losing money below that.

And, per Jamie, the list was only 269 recently, so I don't think it's 300 on a list in Canada, it's 300 on the list. I doubt there is even two seperate lists.

Not a stick shift guy......and I started with a 0 value /6 3 on the tree car.....so hacking out the floor for a a 4l80e did not even raise an eyebrow. At the price that is being tossed around you can get a 4l80e built to withstand a ton of power and pretty much everything else needed to get it in the car.......especially if you are starting from where I would have been had I wanted a stick....starting with basically nothing. I am patiently waiting for some one to slide one in there a-body for various reasons......

-
Back