paying a sellers paypal fees

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The seller is making the choice to accept paypal, why should I pay for HIS choice??

if i have two people that want a part. one is gonna pay pal me (instant payment) and the other i have to wait for them to go buy the money order and then i have to wait how ever many days for the thing to be mailed to me which am i taking? damn right i'm taking the pay pal. your nuts not to. instant payment vs. trusting the guy is not going to take his good old time sending me the money while i could have had the money in my account already, or worse backing out sticking me with the part that could have already been sold.

bottom line is the part is still for sale until i have payment (or atleast a nice deposit in my possession). first come first serve. how do i know the payment was really mailed? with paypal i know it was sent and i have it in my account right away so the part is yours..

Don't know, but to me it feels like hiding costs to make a little extra money. Kind of like charging $15 shipping and handling when the actual cost is more like $5.35 or something. If I want $40 for my part, why shouldn't I ask the buyer to pay the fee's if he wants to use PayPal?

If I ask for it up front, he can decide if he wants what it will actually cost (part+fee+shipping) or not. If not, then don't buy it. In the end, I feel better about it because there are no hidden costs.

If I price it to include everything, then I get accused of being a "car stripping profiteer".

I was going to purchase a hood scoop from someone. They wanted an additional $12 for THEIR choice to use paypal. Nope, not me. And btw, it would not cost me $12 to purchase a postal money order even with the cost of gas.....
Keep in mind, the seller was charging TOP DOLLAR for his part. Tacking on another $12? Really?

did you choose the pass on the part over $12 ?

if i have two people that want a part. one is gonna pay pal me (instant payment) and the other i have to wait for them to go buy the money order and then i have to wait how ever many days for the thing to be mailed to me which am i taking? damn right i'm taking the pay pal. your nuts not to. instant payment vs. trusting the guy is not going to take his good old time sending me the money while i could have had the money in my account already, or worse backing out sticking me with the part that could have already been sold.

bottom line is the part is still for sale until i have payment (or atleast a nice deposit in my possession). first come first serve. how do i know the payment was really mailed? with paypal i know it was sent and i have it in my account right away so the part is yours..

It seems as if you are coming from the perspective that people aren't trustworthy and that you are doing them a huge favor allowing them to purchase your part. You must feel really important that you can't wait two days for a MO to arrive. LOL.

It seems as if you are coming from the perspective that people aren't trustworthy and that you are doing them a huge favor allowing them to purchase your part. You must feel really important that you can't wait two days for a MO to arrive. LOL.

i don't trust anyone to send money.. money talks man.. when i'm selling something its because i want to buy something else. its first here with the money gets the part. nothing personal,just business. if you don't like it thats fine then don'y buy my part. but don't sit there and cry about the fees. and missing out on a part. it is what it is man..

have had it happen way too many times over the years.. yea yea yea i want the part, i'll send the money no problem.. only to find out they never do..

and actually.. yes if i have the part at a good price (all my stuff is priced well) i am doing them a favor by selling it to them.. they need it right? i have it right? perfect match.. now show me the money or you don't get my part. see how simple that is..

Thought this site was about helping each other out. Why would we nickle and dime one another. Many good people on here have sent items to others for little or no cost and they have even absorbed shipping costs etc. Not saying things should be free but too many people here seem to be looking to make a fast buck and don't mind screwing the other guy! Be fair with one another, you may need the help one day to.

oh and as a buyer i always want to pay with paypal so i can get my money there first and secure the purchase of the part. i also assume that i will be paying any fees for using paypal also.. just the way internet business is these days.. this isn't 1970 anymore.. :)

Many sellers have already figured the paypal fees into the price, anyway. If the seller is telling you to pay the fee, at least he's being up front, about it (or possibly double dipping). As a buyer, i would expect to be responsible for those fees, one way or the other.

Oh, and by the way, my example was a sale through ebay, who will only allow Paypal transactions. And, being from Sweden, the buyer had no access to a Post Office to purchase and send me a money order. Who paid the fees?? And did I ask the buyer to compensate me for the fees? NO, I did not and never do!!!

I too charge EXACT shipping, and charge NOTHING for my time to pack, weigh, get quotes, and drive to the next town to ship by FedEx if it is a little cheaper for the buyer. I also call FedEx directly for EVERY transaction to make sure that the quote is completely accurate. Cost of doing business??

I offer to anyone to check the prices of the items that I sell here, and ONLY here by the way!! I take great offence to the "car stripping profiteer" comment mentioned above, because I am not in it to make a huge profit, only to make a few extra $$ for my time to put out my own money to buy a car, spend hours upon hours stripping a mouse infested rust bucket, sometimes freezing my azz in the middle of winter, all so needing members can get a leg up on their projects and get the parts they need!! Most times I barely break even on cars I buy just to part, and most always they are cars that aren't even close to the body styles of cars that I can use parts from. How many 70-72 Darts have I parted and sold here?? My least favorite body style!!

"Profiteer"??? Indeed!!! Geof

Thought this site was about helping each other out. Why would we nickle and dime one another. Many good people on here have sent items to others for little or no cost and they have even absorbed shipping costs etc. Not saying things should be free but too many people here seem to be looking to make a fast buck and don't mind screwing the other guy! Be fair with one another, you may need the help one day to.

the seller is most likely already selling the part at a good discount so why should the seller lose even more money? thats just stupid..

most sellers are selling to fund their projects. its the way the hobby works.. how are you screwing someone by making them absorb a simple paypal fee?

i don't trust anyone to send money.. money talks man.. when i'm selling something its because i want to buy something else. its first here with the money gets the part. nothing personal,just business. if you don't like it thats fine then don'y buy my part. but don't sit there and cry about the fees. and missing out on a part. it is what it is man..

have had it happen way too many times over the years.. yea yea yea i want the part, i'll send the money no problem.. only to find out they never do..

and actually.. yes if i have the part at a good price (all my stuff is priced well) i am doing them a favor by selling it to them.. they need it right? i have it right? perfect match.. now show me the money or you don't get my part. see how simple that is..

Who's sitting there "crying" about the fees????
I just don't pay it and move on. I gave my opinion in this thread.
You're gonna break my balls over my opinion? Go ahead, have the last word, lol.

Who's sitting there "crying" about the fees????
I just don't pay it and move on. I gave my opinion in this thread.
You're gonna break my balls over my opinion? Go ahead, have the last word, lol.

looks like quite a few people here are crying about fees..

good you gave your opinion.. i gave my opinion also.. whats the problem? stop being so damn sensitive for god sakes.

wow, why is everyone so freeking ready to argue lately.

Heres the deal, if someone is asking you pay the fee and you really want the part, pay the fee. If you dont want to pay the fee then dont and move on. Trust me, if you dont pay the fee, the next guy will.

I dont see why its such a big deal. Your not going to talk someone out of asking the for the fee here.

the seller is most likely already selling the part at a good discount so why should the seller lose even more money? thats just stupid..

most sellers are selling to fund their projects. its the way the hobby works.. how are you screwing someone by making them absorb a simple paypal fee?

Not asking anyone to lose money. I used this as an example of how far some good people on this site have gone here to help someone out. Why nickle and dime someone. If you wish to charge a fair price include your costs in the overall asking price. If someone wants to beat you down and you don't want to budge move on to another buyer. Yes many people are trying to fund their projects, however, some here are running a business and asking top dollar and then fees etc on top of that. Just saying those of us who are not running a business are more interested in helping another member out.

wow, why is everyone so freeking ready to argue lately.

Heres the deal, if someone is asking you pay the fee and you really want the part, pay the fee. If you dont want to pay the fee then dont and move on. Trust me, if you dont pay the fee, the next guy will.

I dont see why its such a big deal. Your not going to talk someone out of asking the for the fee here.

I'm glad you straightened us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back