Pet Peeve

-
I hate pooping! It is a total waist of time, it is boring, it smells bad, and there are better things I could be doing instead of pooping like working out in the garage.

Oh and I hate it when people paint their car and leave the upper shock bushings in place.

What gets me is in the for sale section, "this motor needs rebuilt" or "this trans needs rebuilt". Its this motor needs to be rebuilt or I could even live with this trans needs a rebuild. I dont know why it just bothers me to no end.

POSI, that bother's me. When someone posts something on craigslist with no info about it at all. That bother's me. When I call about a motor and the dude has had it in his back yard under a tarp. That bother's me.

at least i dont spell it cornet or barrykuda. if ya want something to cry about try crysler

8 When my wife wants to talk and it is the : bottom of the ninth, fourth 1/4,
when theres 5 minutes left till the end of the movie...you get the idea.

She must be related to my husband...

My one pet peeve is the laungage these kids try to use today like NOS they think they know everything about engines because Fast and Furious Honda's.
One stupid 19 year old bought a ten pound bottle of nitro's and a soleniod to pump it in and thought he could put it into the air box itself. Guess what happened when he hit the buton poof. I bought from him for 25 buck's :toothy10::toothy10:

God only knows what some of these poor kid's will be doing ten years from now

Yegods, that drives me around the friggin' bend. We have a definite "tuner" culture around here, and while the wheather is getting warmer and some very fine classics are out and about, for every one I see, I see five or six godawful "tuned" grocery-getters.

Yesterday, it was a Blue Dodge Neon. With 13" 100spoke, gold widebody rims. A gigantic aftermarket spoiler. White stick-on plastic flames up the doors. A neon-lit license plate frame. Oh, and let us not forget the coffee-can muffler tip.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Neon. It's a nice little grocery getter. Easy on gas, light on budget, and handles like it's on rails. I owned one for three years.

This one was butchered. It was utterly pathetic.

I just want to scream at them; "YOU HAVE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE! TAKE OFF THE SPOILER!"

Or, in the case of this useless excuse for a driver, who spent 5 minutes revving his engine in the parking lot at the grocery store.. "You have a 115bhp SOHC 4 pot, no one is impressed!"

Not to mention the damn 95 Saturn with all those "tuned" parts.. augh. Sorry, but giant rust holes do not count as "Shaving weight".

:-x:-x:-x

This may not be "Mopar General Discussions" material, but I only look at Mopars and I have to rant:

The rear of the car, that typically holds the spare tire and your luggage is called a "trunk". It has never and will never be called a "truck". I think this shows up all the time on classifieds, ebay auctions, etc. Drives me nuts!!

Rant over...

Any other pet peeves??

Now I'm confused. I thought it was called a "boot".
And I don't mean like the German "Das Boot" which doesn't seem to be pronounced like it is spelled either.
Strange thing these words are.
Get the lead out and lead on.

It's only called a "boot" in England.... and you know how they are...

They call a hood a "bonnet," a windshield a "windscreen," gasoline "petrol" and to top it all off, they drive on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!

Don't put much faith in those folks say about cars.... They are the home of Lucas Electrics ("The Prince of Darkness.")

Need I say more???? :profilel:

My pet peeve is, people that complane about my speeling. I have a 139 I.Q. but I'll be dammed if I can figure out this speeling thing. I didnt like engliss when I was in scool. I hated shuckspeer. Get over it and try to mudel threw my posts as beast you can, or judge dont reed dem. LOL

Jack

Spelling like being a Production Technition? lol Sorry, couldn't resist.

I wish everybody would stop pickin' on me! I just ain't no good at spellin' stuff. Do we all feel a little "paranoid" now?

I'm sure this thread will come back to haunt us. lol
My spelling is correct in Canada. It must be the French influence we have here. The same goes for colour, Americans spell it color.
A faux pas? non?
problement pas.:-D

My peeve's, Hmmm, I dont really like working under the dash either. I am a pretty big dude, been working out for 20 yrs etc, but i have actually found a comfy spot under the dash.

My scamp doesnt have a radio, so i can manage to get my head up under there, and actualy see what i am doing, leaning against the blower cover.

What i have always hated though, now dont get me wrong, i am a Mopar or no car guy, but the styling on early 70's A's and late 60's B's annoys me.

The flat concave styling along the belt line along the windows, my 70 Scamp as an example, and the 67 Satellite i had. I hate how after it rains or after you wash your car, and there is dew the next morning, the water collects and dries and it leaves dirty spots. GRRR.

On the red Satellite it wasnt as bad, but on my white scamp it just annoys me. Amazing Grape, here i come

Late Model Emblems On Older Cars, Of Course, Its Cheaper To Buy The Srt Emblem That The Car. Its Just A Little Weired To See It On A Dynasty

-
Back