Photographs of an RB in a '64 Valiant?

-
Thanks man. I plan to get a Quick Time Bellhousing. If you've seen one, they are TINY compared to the cast iron or aluminum stock pieces. I'll post photographs of the headers as I get going. I'm confident now, but all it'll take to confirm or shatter that is getting the motor and linkage in. That's where the proof will be in the pudding.

Notice the hydralic clutch and the column is cut down to the firewall. I can't tell if that's just an addapter plate or also a relocator for the MC. Thats the only way you'll get the exhaust to work on a 4-speed. Especialy with a 10 inch bell. It is tight on my 360. I have to use 1 1/4 off the 273 manifolds till I clear the linkage, bell and column. But anything is possible with enough money.

I've mentioned this before on another thread but there is a guy here in town that has a 64 barracuda w/ a 383. His solution to exhaust clearing was flipping the manifolds and running the exhaust through the K. A bit ghetto but thats hot roddin.

Notice the hydralic clutch and the column is cut down to the firewall. I can't tell if that's just an addapter plate or also a relocator for the MC. Thats the only way you'll get the exhaust to work on a 4-speed. .
That is a 4 bolt to 2 bolt adapter plate.

abodyjoe, you're my kind of guy. I didn't think it would be that hard, and the photograph from Commando66 just gives me more promise.
Keep in mind that the RB is both taller AND wider than that 383.

I used to see a '66 Valiant with a tunnel-ram 440 around here years ago. At that time, my Duster had a 440 in it with the Hooker fenderwells, and the headers on the '66 looked IDENTICAL to mine. I never asked him, but they sure looked like Hooker #5206's to me.

Anyone else with photos of an RB in a '64 A body? We're getting close to starting on my girls Signet. Just waiting for the weather to turn to pull it off the road.

Still looking for front rims. I think I've found rear ones. 15x10's with a 4" backspace. Should work fine after I tub it and move the springs in.

Hello from germany,
here is a pic RB in 66 A-Body

Dart%20%284%29.jpg

Anybody know where I can find a hydraulic clutch setup like the one in the pic// I want to eliminate the z-bar in my 64 barracuda\\

FF

Here is my friends 400/451 in my '65 Barracuda. Hi-po exhaust manifolds bolt right in and almost clear the stock steering column. I actually slotted my steering box holes and moved it over about 1/2 inch. It worked, but should have filled the slots back up once I got it mocked up for safety..Clearance on the pass side is about 1/4 inch but should be a little more as my K was spaced 3/4 inch to get firewall/trans hump clearance.
86.jpg

This thread is really getting me motivated. My 66 Valiant is going to be a big block car, just haven't decided if I'm using a 400, or a 440 yet. Maybe I'll do some test fitting before I make the decision.

me too -- I have a set of frames that will cost about $500.00 for new foam and covers

Hey guys. Been awhile. We've been swamped at the shop, and no time to put in on the RB/Valiant Signet. I've got the motor in with the 833 out the back. I need to know what the engine offset is on the '64 Valiant Signet. I forgot to measure the Leaning Tower of Power before I yanked it last week. Anyone know? I seem to remember that MoPar engines are 1 3/16 offset from center to the p/s. But I've not stuffed one of these monsters in an early A body before.

I'll post some photographs of it as soon as I get the motor plate on.

Hey guys. Been awhile. We've been swamped at the shop, and no time to put in on the RB/Valiant Signet. I've got the motor in with the 833 out the back. I need to know what the engine offset is on the '64 Valiant Signet. I forgot to measure the Leaning Tower of Power before I yanked it last week. Anyone know? I seem to remember that MoPar engines are 1 3/16 offset from center to the p/s. But I've not stuffed one of these monsters in an early A body before.

I'll post some photographs of it as soon as I get the motor plate on.

Mine is closer to 2". If you measure the offset to the center of the rear end pinion, you will have your answer for your particular car.

I thought of that, but wasn't aware if MoPar had a difference in the engine and pinion offset. Some manufacturers did believe it or not. And I didn't want to trust the out put shaft of the trans without knowing if the motor is correct. Plus, what do you measure off of? Show me a car with perfect pinch welds, and I'll show you a flying pig. :D

Have you thought about using the Schumacher mounts?

Mike

It's getting a motor plate. There's already no room for headers, and the motor plate will suit it more on the strip. Thanks though.

-
Back