Pick-A-Part (360 Block)

-

LJS30

Reaction score
Hey guys have you had decent luck scavenging the Inland Empire area salvage yards for good 360 blocks? I'm far away from a swap but considering how it's getting harder and harder to get parts for these rides I want to secure a block now.

When I was looking for a 360 I took a look at the pick-a-part in Ontario on Milliken and found a few. Most were in vans. All the ones I found I had trouble pulling them through by hand with a breaker bar and socket, some would go for a bit then stop, some wouldn't pull at all. Left them all alone.
Eventually found the one I'm building via craigslist. They pop up there all the time.
Good hunting!

Last I checked, they were all over the place......maybe 5~7 there at least at any given time. Yeah, mostly those old Dodge vans......unfortunately, those are the vehicles that tend to overheat the most.

When I was looking for a 360 I took a look at the pick-a-part in Ontario on Milliken and found a few. Most were in vans. All the ones I found I had trouble pulling them through by hand with a breaker bar and socket, some would go for a bit then stop, some wouldn't pull at all. Left them all alone.
Eventually found the one I'm building via craigslist. They pop up there all the time.
Good hunting!

Cool because I'm thinking of securing a 360 now, putting it in a safe place, and rebuilding it when the time comes.

man there are a lot of late model 360's in northern cali. a lot of roller cam 360's in the pick n pull's and pick your parts. a lot of BBC too. Wish i had money to pick some up

I have a 1977 360 short block complete I'm trying to get rid of, you can email me at ...anderspl at sce dot com

-
Back