Picked up a 65 Valiant now fun begins

-

John Miller

Reaction score
20221219_172022.jpg

2 door sedan.Makes me miss my 63. You gotta share us your plans.Inquiring minds want to know !!

Right now going through all the parts that came with the car. I got 2 sets of front fenders, 2 hoods, couple sets of bumpers, and box full of trim, emblems, etc. Pick it all up for $900.

Right now going through all the parts that came with the car. I got 2 sets of front fenders, 2 hoods, couple sets of bumpers, and box full of trim, emblems, etc. Pick it all up for $900.
That's a screaming deal on what looks like a really solid car- you'd never find anything that solid up here in the rust belt, and it would be triple the price... I'm jealous!

We have one . For now its just sleeping in the garage waiting for some time and money. Mostly fiber glass and lexan. Very light car. 15x12 wheels under the back with mini tubs. I always like the 64-65 Valiants with the little bumpers. I had a 426 wedge in 64 1/2 in the 70's. But this 66 is what we found last year for $4000. Couldn't pass it up.

100_0051.JPG

100_0053.JPG

If the underneath of that car looks as good as the exterior, you are so far ahead of the game it ain't funny! You bought that one really well. Congrats, and welcome to FABO.

Nice solid project, you would have a hard time finding one that solid up here! 65'

The early A has to be one of the most overlooked cars on the planet. I love them. Yours looks like a nice start!

Last edited:
That does look solid. However, after I sandblasted my '65 I found it was not really as solid as it appeared at first. Just a cautionary advisory. Also in my case, underneath the (hidden) cowl interior turned out to be a rusty perforated mess.

check base of front pillars for bubbling paint. And inside cowls for sure but not much can be done with those without major work. I'd not mess with a B/RB in that again, Little gain on that platform.

Nothing like Arizona Cars. Interiors are torched but sheet metal is solid.
Photo of 68 Valiant floors when I removed the interior.

IMG_2195.jpg

Nice score! Luv me some early A 2-door posts - I have four of them. This one is my 66 survivor.

100_1915.JPG

Then there's this one, a 64 that's second in line to get street worthy.

DSCN1539.JPG

And two parts cars, one clapped out rust bucket and the other that got rear-ended pretty hard. Both will get scavenged for parts to save the first two.

DSCN1198.JPG

20170219_152812_resized.jpg

Keep us informed on your progress, and remember it's all about the pictures!!

My very first car was a 66 Valiant 100 2 door post.
That crunched one sure looks solid.

Nice score! Luv me some early A 2-door posts - I have four of them. This one is my 66 survivor.

View attachment 1716025176

Then there's this one, a 64 that's second in line to get street worthy.

View attachment 1716025177

And two parts cars, one clapped out rust bucket and the other that got rear-ended pretty hard. Both will get scavenged for parts to save the first two.

View attachment 1716025178

View attachment 1716025179

Keep us informed on your progress, and remember it's all about the pictures!!
That blue 64 looks like my old car. Do you know if it’s from the Tacoma area?

-
Back