Picked up the new motor this weekend!!!

-

keith9291

Reaction score
Well I meet Ken Hensley a couple years ago at a Mopar show, Monster Mopar, and was really impressed with his knowledge and expertise. I hunted down thier booth this year with plans on buying this 318 kit they sell, which included heads, intake, cam and 4 bbl carb. The more I though about the work needed to replace those parts, that I might as well tear down the bottom end also. After a few more phone calls to Tennessee, they tell me about a 360 they had built and were taking it and a few other motors to shows. Since it was the end of the season they offered me the engine at a great price!! Its a standard 360 block .20 over, eagle rods, Keith Black hypereutetic pistons, smith bros push rods, moly rings, clevite bearings 1.5 crane rockers, Mildon 8qt oil pan and high volume oil pump, S/S stage 3 915 heads blueprinted 2.02/1.60 exhaust ports, rpm airgap intake and will it have 10.1:1 compression. They say it should produce 400-450 horses!! This is a family run business and they are down to earth straight shooters. I am very impressed with the entire process, when I showed up they had a folder with my name and engine as well as job number, the 4 digit job number is also on the engine block so down the road if i sell it someone can call them and give them the job number and the can pull up the build with the parts and the original weight of parts, or atleast the balanced parts. The inside of the folder has all the stickers and manufactures pamphlets, as well as a complete part by part of ever item in the engine, the balance sheet and blueprint sheet. We also stopped in KY on the way and picked up a set of buckets seats and my buddy Brad dropped off his 440 to get a stroker built.

Here is Brad unloading truck onto Holiday Inn cart he didnt want to leave TTI headers in back overnight.
DSC00808.jpg

Brad unloading the important stuff in the room
DSC00811.jpg

The 440 my buddy bought for his GTX being dropped off
DSC00812.jpg

My baby!
DSC00814.jpg

These guys rule!!
DSC00815.jpg

Great post! I'm planning on contacting Hensley for my engine when I get to that point. Let us know how it runs! What kind of cam does it have?

Hensley is a great company to work with. The guys are very honest, knowledgeable, and don't try to talk over your head.

Hensley very nice people but very pricey. They wanted almost 2 grand for a cast stroker kit for my 360. I found a forged steel scat kit for 1200-1400 shipped to my door.

-
Back