Pics of 67 Barracuda bought for $1900

-

sumbitmopar

Reaction score
Here's some pics of 67 Notch I bought last week for $1900. Came with all new interior stuff in boxes. Needs a fuel pump. Original 273, a/c works (supposed to anyway). Also got new suspension parts and some other little stuff. Last started 6 months ago.

67BARRACUDA 001.jpg

67BARRACUDA 004.jpg

67BARRACUDA 002.jpg

67BARRACUDA 005.jpg

67BARRACUDA 007.jpg

67BARRACUDA 012.jpg

67BARRACUDA 014.jpg

Wow! Nice find, and it looks pretty solid from what you've shown us.

Nice score! Did you know that the steering wheel in your car is a VERY VERY rare recall wheel, hardly any survive today! I have seen restored ones on ebay sell for close to $2,000, they were known to crack or bend in a crash and were deemed unsafe, most were recalled by the dealer very early 1967, Dodge and Plymouth both used it.

My frist car was a 67 cuda just like that . but mine was an auto on the floor. and mine had a factor vac gauge in it an a 273 that i ran the **** out of.. fun times in that car . but i gave 600.00 buck for mine in 1974..

I'm envious! That is what I'm looking for...but I'll never find it here...Ah the price of paradise!

Nice find.

66340sedan~Cool story about the steering wheel.

Neat info on the steering wheel 66340! I am happy to report that the car came with the buildsheet (or what remains of it!) and the Certicard. Also a humongous diameter sway bar(new and shiny) and other goodies. The not-so-happy is that the rr 1/4 has a rust spot big enough for the proverbial cat to fly through, and the drivers floor pan is a bit Holy. The engine purportedly has a "mild cam"(?) and there is a Performer intake and carb. Trunk is nice and solid ( sur-prise, sur-prise) and the firewall and engine compartment is super-solid! Fuel pump this weekend ....

Had a bodyman look at the car today. Quoted me $5000 to do body and paintwork. Don't have too much confidence in him although he's done some work for me before on late-model cars ( I own a Car Dealership). Price isn't bad , but.... Too bad I don't have a Crystal Ball to see the finished job before I sign up! Still looking for the right guy. I'm gonna take the seats to an Upholstery guy this week and have him go to work. Then at least I can bolt the buckets in and ride around a little. PS Thanks guys for all the kind words. Even though I'm a new Member I can tell ya'll are a great bunch and a credit to the Hobby!!

Looks good! Bring her on over, I'll fix her up for ya! lol Actually I have a 68 fastback Barracuda coming in first week in June for a rotisserie job. But It looks like you made out good on your car.

Nice car! Great starting point and looks relatively untouched too.......seems like the one of the last cars you'd expect to see a factory tach in though. At least nobody yanked out the A/C over all these years. Looks like you've got yourself a heckuva deal there.

Good find, looks like a great base to start with especially with all that orginial stuff.

Regarding the fuel pump. Most likely gas sat in the tank and turned to sluge and the pick-up in the tank is stopped up. Please swap out that old tank and pick-up. This will save you a lot of headaches down the road. After replacing the fuel pump, put the input line into a gas can of clean gas when starting and running it. I would not connect the new pump to that gas tank until cleaned or better yet, replaced.

You may have already thought about that but I have made that mistake in being in a hurry to hear something run.

Where do you guys find interior parts? Sorry of topic, but curious. I myself am hoping to stumble across a good deal like you did. Nice Find by the way.

Great point on the fuel tank Jack. It will be an exercise in patience to clean/replace the fuel system properly first but that sure would be the smart thing to do. "Tanks alot" ( I had to say it!:tongue:)

Nice find!

All of the 67s I have seen has always had the front windshield and rear glass missing trim pieces or gone all together. Yours is the first that I have seen have all of the front windshield trim. Post some pictures of it when you get a chance... does the windshield trim have corners? Those are hard to find but I think they are repro now. When I bought my car it didn't have but just push in vinyl trim to keep the gasket tight. Just pieces of it not all the way around like yours. I have 68 gaskets for the front and rear and the 68 stainless trim that I will eventually will install.

Where do you guys find interior parts? Sorry of topic, but curious. I myself am hoping to stumble across a good deal like you did. Nice Find by the way.

Year None lists alot of interior parts, but probably has all or most of them on back order, national back order.
Paddok, Laysons, Legendary.. Etc.

Nice score by the way, pretty much identical car to mine and only $100 bucks less than what I paid for mine 8 years ago.

Tell us what sick plans you have for this car.

I have just one word for you in that hell of a score...

THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back