Pictures of my next project

-
Jpar, did Larson and King have a shot blast cleaning system or just a hot tank? I was there dozens of times and never noticed.

Today I dropped the block off at a place that can shot blast that pig iron and clean it up. Won't get it bad until early December.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I got permission today (I knew I would but I want to make sure I'm not crowding a man making a living) to photograph and video anything and everything I want, including the valve job, porting and flow bench work (some of that FB work I'm not showing because I'm not getting paid to give an education).

I can even name drop (and you all KNOW I will) and show the machines, cutting a valve job, all the balance work, the BRAND NEW HONE coming next month, the installation of 4 bolt caps and I may even show the dyno testing.

All this is predicated on my mom and her health. She was GOING TO have surgery tomorrow but OHSU called at 8:05 this morning and moved it to November 20th. I hope their ears are still burning because I lit their dumb asses up. So here I sit. Do I stay and ride it out, or go home, get my distributor machine in que to be repaired. Probably the latter. That pisses me off, but one of the three surgeons doing the procedure had to cancel.

So...depending on how my mom is doing will dictate how long this takes. And when I can get in there and get it done. I can't use a machine for my junk when paying work is sitting there.

Last edited:
Jpar, did Larson and King have a shot blast cleaning system or just a hot tank? I was there dozens of times and never noticed.

Today I dropped the block off at a place that can shot blast that pig iron and clean it up. Won't get it bad until early December.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I got permission today (I knew I would but I want to make sure I'm not crowding a man making a living) to photograph and video anything and everything I want, including the valve job, porting and flow bench work (some of that FB work I'm not showing because I'm not getting paid to give an education).

I can even name drop (and you all KNOW I will) and show the machines, cutting a valve job, all the balance work, the BRAND NEW HONE coming next month, the installation of 4 bolt caps and I may even show the dyno testing.

All this is predicated on my mom and her health. She was GOING TO have surgery tomorrow but OHSU called at 8:05 this morning and moved it to November 20th. I hope their ears are still burning because I lit their dumb asses up. So here I sit. Do I stay and ride it out, or go home, get my distributor machine in que to be repaired. Probably the latter. That pisses me off, but one of the three surgeons doing the procedure had to cancel.

So...depending on how my mom is doing will dictate how long this takes. And when I can get in there and get it done. I can't use a machine for my junk when paying work is sitting there.
Screenshot_2017-03-09-13-16-24.png

Shot peened after the hot tank..

Have you been out to their new facility in Aurora?.. Ted bought a chunk of property and hand built a small shop.. he took all of his Best Equipment from the old shop and just a few of his long-time employees and now just hand pics the fun stuff...

Have you been out to their new facility in Aurora?.. Ted bought a chunk of property and hand built a small shop.. he took all of his Best Equipment from the old shop and just a few of his long-time employees and now just hand pics the fun stuff...

No, but I'd love to see it. Hell, like a mushroom in the dark (there's a song in there somewhere...like a mushroom in the dark...) I didn't even know he moved until I talked to Tom last week. Also didnt know another long time PIR racer and tuner died a couple of months ago.

I did get a call yesterday that my block is clean every whit and I can pick it up Monday. Except I won't be there in time Monday, but I will grab it on Tuesday and then start on tubing the oil gallery. I may find a junk block and try and figure out why you can't tube both sides and make it simpler.

Ohhhhh I'm getting excited...getting my block back...getting my distributor machine working whilst I'm in Vancouver...maybe 2020 will be the year stuff gets back to normal around here!!!!

No, but I'd love to see it. Hell, like a mushroom in the dark (there's a song in there somewhere...like a mushroom in the dark...) I didn't even know he moved until I talked to Tom last week. Also didnt know another long time PIR racer and tuner died a couple of months ago.

I did get a call yesterday that my block is clean every whit and I can pick it up Monday. Except I won't be there in time Monday, but I will grab it on Tuesday and then start on tubing the oil gallery. I may find a junk block and try and figure out why you can't tube both sides and make it simpler.

Ohhhhh I'm getting excited...getting my block back...getting my distributor machine working whilst I'm in Vancouver...maybe 2020 will be the year stuff gets back to normal around here!!!!
Well I'm starting on that damn Hughes plenum kit on my Magnum on my truck today. I'm praying to the car gods that I can Nick this in one day... Just saying that out loud has probably screwed me...

Last edited:
Well I'm starting on that damn Hughes plenum kit on my Magnum on my truck today. I'm praying to the car gods that I can Nick this in one day... Just saying that out loud has probably screwed me...
So it got worse by the minute! Bolts breaking off in the heads.. I might as well have aimed a Gatling gun at both feet and just open fire.... In one day LOL... I'll be lucky to get it done in three more days... Three days of work without having to go to work as well so it could be the end of the week easily...

I when on line and did a little research.
didn't know them keg intake were suck/such a problem.
feel for you!

I when on line and did a little research.
didn't know them keg intake were suck/such a problem.
feel for you!
I started a thread on it which I thought was on General discussion but it looks like either I started it on the Magnum swap or someone moved it to the Magnum swap. I threw up some pictures of the nightmare.. no less than my torch my welder and a motor hoist to get the God darn thing off! Had to call a friend who borrowed my reverse drill bits to bring them by... The heads broke off the the two front manifold bolts. Then one of them wouldn't let go of the manifold..
Anyways I invented a lot of new curse words that I wasn't proud of...

Well this thread got 20 likes on the first post and this is how he treats his Legions of 20.. No pictures of the progress...
I WANT MY CHEESEBURGER!!...
I threw the challenge down to 69lead and told him in my uncle's Infamous words your trick flow heads ain't shitt! LOL I even pulled off the white glove and gave him a slap LOL....LOL. jokingly and metaphorically speaking of course
... even if he does kick my *** all up and down the track it's better than a no show...:poke:...

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today !! lol
That would be for beef, not the veggie burgers you eat, YR. or are you off the veggie diet. lol :D

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today !! lol
That would be for beef, not the veggie burgers you eat, YR. or are you off the veggie diet. lol :D
I've got to prove to the whole entire forum this person is a real person.. only one confirmation so far from 69lead, but who knows I could be just as alter ego...
I WANT MY CHEESEBURGER!!!...

February is coming up real fast now..

February is coming up real fast now..

Yup. Talked to my brother about 3 hours ago. Now, the surgery is Tuesday at 10 AM and she needs to be at OHSU at no later than 8 AM.

Sooooooo...if OHSU doesn't bone us again hopefully my mom will be back to normal in 2, maybe 3 weeks. That's means I'll be home just in time to load my junk up and head back over for the NWDRA swap meet!

Hopefully after that, my distributor machine will be up and running, and then I can settle down and start researching pistons and then bite the bullet and determine if I can use a mushroom lifter with this block. I may have to use a roller, which I'm not really wanting.

And, I need to figure out exactly what this block is, do a clean up bore on it, sonic test it and the settle on a bore size. And find a set of 6.250 rods and a hopefully an off the shelf piston that has a .927 pin.

Then, and only then, can I get on the flow bench, test for valve size and shape and then order valves.

Lots to do.

Yup. Talked to my brother about 3 hours ago. Now, the surgery is Tuesday at 10 AM and she needs to be at OHSU at no later than 8 AM.

Sooooooo...if OHSU doesn't bone us again hopefully my mom will be back to normal in 2, maybe 3 weeks. That's means I'll be home just in time to load my junk up and head back over for the NWDRA swap meet!

Hopefully after that, my distributor machine will be up and running, and then I can settle down and start researching pistons and then bite the bullet and determine if I can use a mushroom lifter with this block. I may have to use a roller, which I'm not really wanting.

And, I need to figure out exactly what this block is, do a clean up bore on it, sonic test it and the settle on a bore size. And find a set of 6.250 rods and a hopefully an off the shelf piston that has a .927 pin.

Then, and only then, can I get on the flow bench, test for valve size and shape and then order valves.

Lots to do.
Hold the fort! you're going to have a booth at the Swap!?...

Hold the fort! you're going to have a booth at the Swap!?...

Yup. Sure am. Don't know where yet because I haven't heard back but I'm sure by next week I'll know where I'll be.

I used to have a booth every year. I haven't had once since probably 2005ish and even had a booth at the PIR swap meet that year.

Still have ice under my privates from that nasty, nasty cold place. I sold my magneto there (almost cried) and I forget what else.

Yup. Sure am. Don't know where yet because I haven't heard back but I'm sure by next week I'll know where I'll be.

I used to have a booth every year. I haven't had once since probably 2005ish and even had a booth at the PIR swap meet that year.

Still have ice under my privates from that nasty, nasty cold place. I sold my magneto there (almost cried) and I forget what else.
Well I have definitely paid for and secured my buth at the track at PIR in April.. I sold my slicks and skinnies mounted and balanced with lug nuts and everything for a price that would make you cry.. of course and still had people trying to beat me up on them... How about a preview of the good stuff?? :D...
Any good direct connection stuff?..

-
Back