Pinion Angle?

-
2 degrees down, remove rear segment clamps and clamp front segments.
if using SS springs a longer shock is required. 1" ? I don't know I'm not there to measure

When the guys talk about "nose-down" at the pinion, they are talking "down" relative to the DRIVESHAFT;
not relative to the flat ground plain.
Just in case you didn't know, like I didn't know, right off,lol.

I am running 3 year old ESPO springs with 1or 2 inch lift (don't remember for sure).

So, what's changed about the car? Have you installed a different rear axle any time in the past? It's almost as if the spring perches are installed incorrectly. Clocked wrong.

I put the whole drivetrain from a 72 Duster 340 into my 68 Dart. It was a slant six 7 1/4 car. I am getting BBP axles tomorrow from Dr Diff. I'll snap a pic after I remove the backing plates to see if anything looks iffy. The only thing that was different was the length of the drive shaft.

I just did an 8.8. I used two cinder blocks, flipped it pad up. Angle finder on yoke. The 7.25 that came out was 5* with the pads level. Replicated on 8.8.
Did this work out well? Or have you driven it yet? I’m doing this same exact swap.

I put the whole drivetrain from a 72 Duster 340 into my 68 Dart. It was a slant six 7 1/4 car. I am getting BBP axles tomorrow from Dr Diff. I'll snap a pic after I remove the backing plates to see if anything looks iffy. The only thing that was different was the length of the drive shaft.

Ok, did you use the 340 leaf springs too? And the 340 rear end housing?

I put the 8 3/4" from the Duster into the Dart. I bought ESPO 1" lift springs.

1" "from where"? In other words, from stock slant springs? From stock 340 springs? We're slowly gettin somewhere.

1" "from where"? In other words, from stock slant springs? From stock 340 springs? We're slowly gettin somewhere.

ESPO Springs and Things sells stock springs, springs that give you a 1" lift, and springs that give you a 2" lift. I got 340 springs with a 1" lift.

I took a pic before I changed my brakes and axles today. Can't really see much.
IMG_2010.JPG

I put 4 degree pinion angle shims in the Dart. No more violent hopping, just nice smooth burnouts. The pinion angle was the problem. Thanks FABO.

-
Back