Pink 70 340 Duster goes for $62K on Mecum

-
Right if you want the car market conditions dictate high price you can afford the car then pay up or your not getting the car that you are able to pay for. Now lets see a picture of that Duster.

It has to be this one (of one):

8-4f2b-9fcd-758276fd4a8a-UI2osl-39005-39006-scaled.jpg

a-483f-acb3-e3465ed21134-Nyksmq-38990-38991-scaled.jpg

...great car and not overpaid, for sure!

All I know is that there are an awful lot of people with big money willing to buy these cars. Cool for the Dusters to bring good money.
That said, when I saw those 3 Ferraris get bids of over $23,000,000.00 dollars each, I was impressed to say the least. After I saw that kind of money willing to be spent on those cars, I told my wife I might as well step out to the garage and set my junk on fire....:rofl::rofl:

It has to be this one (of one):

Right if you want the car market conditions dictate high price you can afford the car then pay up or your not getting the car that you are able to pay for. Now lets see a picture of that Duster.

Sorry, I missed that, and yes, that's the car at previous owners. Here it is now.

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5612 (1).JPG

So that used to be a vinyl top car and got painted during restoration?
No. It was never a vinyl top car. It is a factory painted two-tone car. I had wanted one ever since seeing a two-tone Cuda at the Mopar Nats back in the 90's. And, yes, I have the original broadcast sheet and fender tag to verify. I specifically bought this car because of the factory two-tone option. The Fm3 was just icing on the cake.

The story is that a dealer ordered this car (FM3/blk painted top/blk int/4sp), and another twin to it, except FM3/white painted roof/white int/auto) to draw attention whilst parked in front of the dealership. No one knows what happened to the white roofed car. Would be cool if it turns up someday. Never know, many didn't like FM3 back in the day, so it probably got painted another color.

My 69 340 4sp Swinger was ordered R4 red with a black painted top . I went with a white top and interior when I restored it . I like the look and its hard to live with black top and interior when temps hit 105*

IMG_9321.jpeg

That red and white does look great. No doubt about that. I've never met a two-tone Mopar that I didn't like :).

-
Back