Pink Floyd fans?

-
I too saw the Animals tour in 77, at Soldiers Field in Chicago. 70,000+ people there. A warm, comfortable June night. Was amazed they could fill that huge outdoor place with some quality sound. One of my best shows ever.

The Echos album, the one before Dark Side, is also very good. Dark Side is one of my all-time, absolute favorite records, along with Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin 4 and Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs.

Gary

Saw Pink Floyd in 73 and 74, showing my age. I had Atom Heart Mother (Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast), Echoes and Ummagumma on 8 track before they hit it big with Dark Side of the Moon. Still love listening to them.

I saw Frijid Pink back in the early 70's, I thought I was the only one who remembered this band and "House of the Rising Sun". My wife never heard ot them.

a Floyd fan here also .......guess I should have read the thread to the end ...... cause i really got side tract on the House of the rising son.......I was like huh? Dark side of the Moon.... I wore that 8 track out and The Wall .... ...:glasses7:

Frijid Pink,

Heavy Blues and Psychedlic Band out of Detroit......1967 thru 1972.

Yes it's true,,,,,

Led Zeppelin opened up for Frijid Pink at the Grande Ballroom (Detroit) in 1969.

a Floyd fan here also .......guess I should have read the thread to the end ...... cause i really got side tract on the House of the rising son.......I was like huh? Dark side of the Moon.... I wore that 8 track out and The Wall .... ...:glasses7:

8 Track- you are showing your age!!

I have had a few of them. The stereo I have in my garage has an 8 track!! LOL

i had a 68 charger with a factory 8 track but i never played it.

they are an interesting design with the continuous tape loop ....for the times, whoever invented that was sure thinking outside the conventional lines ....that was some good work. i couldnt help but take an 8 track tape apart to see how it worked LOL

never figured out you would rewind one LOL

its so much easier to plug into your USB and jam now-a-days LOL

i think 8 tracks have a historical significance ....and if i would have been smart i should have pulled that factory 8 track player when i sold the charger bcoz those are worth some good coin now. :snorting:

8 Track- you are showing your age!!

LOL..... Yep, I guess I am. I remember listing to Ted Nugent's Double Live Gonzo ..8 Track ... on my way to school and never make it through Great White Buffalo and Hibernation before getting to school ...AND I believe that was track two.....lol

we learned about 8 tracks in an online history class .....LOL J/K

LOL...... now that's funny, that I'm old enough to be a part of History ...lol wait a second ....that's not funny ...:D

Pink Floyd ...Money was my favorite to crank up because of the sound of the change going from left to right in my Pioneer 6X9 speakers ..... ( I don't think TX9's weren't out yet )

EIGHT tracks?? Hell I remember when there were FOUR tracks. NO tracks!! (Well we had "reel to reel," but I remember when there WASN'T stereo.

Used to be called "HI-FI" meaning it was supposedly "high fidelity" but of course "hi-fi" got tagged onto a lot of junk that never deserved it.

My "big stuff" as a pair of Juke box amps (1 for each channel) that I'd junked out, push pull 6L6's in each amp. 14" speakers.

EIGHT tracks?? Hell I remember when there were FOUR tracks. NO tracks!! (Well we had "reel to reel," but I remember when there WASN'T stereo.

Used to be called "HI-FI" meaning it was supposedly "high fidelity" but of course "hi-fi" got tagged onto a lot of junk that never deserved it.

My "big stuff" as a pair of Juke box amps (1 for each channel) that I'd junked out, push pull 6L6's in each amp. 14" speakers.

Sadly I remember all these things as well. We must be about the same age

I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan also! Brain Damage / Eclipse from Dark Side of the Moon are my all time favorite songs - of all music.

I did not see them without Roger Waters in the early 90's when I could have. To me, Pink Floyd = Waters, Wright, Gilmore, and Mason and to a lesser extent, Syd Barrett.

I would have loved to see them anytime between 71 - 81.
I did go to see Roger Waters back in '05 or '06 when his band performed Dark Side in its entirety for the second set.
Also, I saw Waters two years ago perform The Wall.

House of the Rising Son was done by The Animals in 1964.
I'm a big Floyd fan too. tmm

Old fart. Their 1st album was Umma Gumma. I used to get such a kick out of the title of one song "A group of several small species of mammals, gathered together in a cave, and grooving with a pict" or close to that. Think I still have it on vinyl.

I have seen them twice 87 cap center Md, A Momentary Lapse of Reason and in 94 three rivers stadium Pa The Division Bell and considering they rarely play in the states I am very happy to have seen them at all! Both times I was invited to go and in pa we were in the 14th row on the floor pretty awesome!

HELLO, is there anybody in there! you can't go wrong listening to pink floyd, maybe crazy, but not wrong. one of the greatest bands.

Oh yea!!! Love em'. I took the son to see pink void a tribute band and he was hooked. They were real good had the laser light show and the big inflated pig.

-
Back