Piston info, pics within

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any quick info on these slugs?

image.jpg
image.jpg

so what you got 2316 or 2322? Or was that just the part number reference?

I have both sets of 8 slugs.

1 installed in a 340

The other set (L-2322 060)
are awaiting the crank to come back.
Basic engine refreshing. It wasn’t my engine to start with, so, all I know now is what the piston says on it. I just had the block honed. I’ll be ordering gaskets and rings for it soon after the crank returns.
It will be for sale to recoupe costs.

TRW pistons for 340s I believe the L2322 are the forged old dome pistons,designed to make 12.5:1 or so compression cant remember exactly and .060 over,that dome can be cut down if you want to.
2316 is also a forged 340piston but of the stock replacement variety at .030 over.

Well the 2316-030 have this info listed:

345 cubic inch

Head cc ......63 .......65.......68.4....71
Comp ratio 10.35 - 10.11 - 9.73 - 9.46

Compression distance = 1.840

Thanks Bomber!

(spelling)

Last edited:
1Fast340 & Inertia

Thank you very much!

12.5-1?!?! Yikes!!! LMAO
WELL! THAT ought to make this a spunky 340 engine! Now what cam to put in it for my Duster ?!?!

Muha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

1Fast340 & Inertia

Thank you very much!

12.5-1?!?! Yikes!!! LMAO
WELL! THAT ought to make this a spunky 340 engine! Now what cam to put in it for my Duster ?!?!

Muha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
Any time:)

Yep but in a block that was never decked and at the far end of tollerances and with a set of never cut heads and a 0.054 headgasket they might not give more than 11.5:1 or so,you know the drill of terrible factory tollerances being all over the map,so you better measure atleast twice and not count on them being so low. They are solid domes so you can cut the domes without worrying.

Using those pistons,i would recomend that cam at the bottom of the last page of the cam catalog,yeah that one, you know the one that has lobes so big the box has cutouts to fit the lobes. Just kidding of course but no point in running serious compression without a bunch of camshaft unless you plan on running that thing on E85 or racegas.

Or just drive it at above 8000' elevation all the time LOL. Hey... a Pike's Peak engine! Just don't fall off...

Any time:)

Yep but in a block that was never decked and at the far end of tollerances and with a set of never cut heads and a 0.054 headgasket they might not give more than 11.5:1 or so,you know the drill of terrible factory tollerances being all over the map,so you better measure atleast twice and not count on them being so low. They are solid domes so you can cut the domes without worrying.

Using those pistons, I would recomend that cam at the bottom of the last page of the cam catalog,yeah that one, you know the one that has lobes so big the box has cutouts to fit the lobes. Just kidding of course but no point in running serious compression without a bunch of camshaft unless you plan on running that thing on E85 or racegas.
OMG! First true LOL in a long time. That **** right there was funny stuff.
But I do like your thinking! E-85 is not a problem here. The Duster currently has 4.88's out back. :eek::D
Or just drive it at above 8000' elevation all the time LOL. Hey... a Pike's Peak engine! Just don't fall off...
No THERES a dream!

-
Back