Plastic bowl Master Cylinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
I would call them. I think you want the 1 1/32 bore with power brakes. I am running manual brakes, but I ended up with a 1 1/8 bore master since I have an aftermarket kit with larger bore calipers.

For those people with stock looking engine compartments, look into a product called RPM. Once the rust is off the master, you use a heat gun to apply the RPM. Once it's dry, it's invisible and will protect the bare metal. I coated my master a couple years ago and it's still rust free. My new Dart project will be getting an aluminum master.

Yes, plastic reservoir, 2-bolt MC's on all 3 of my old Mopars. Look-up my posts. Every combination (factory booster, new booster, manual). Actually haven't finished installing in my 64 Valiant (still painting). I post a photo below that shows the pedal position won't change. After the comparison, I stole the rubber boot off the factory MC and super-glued it to the new MC. The boot is nice, but not essential. The rod doesn't lock in the new MC piston (since for power). Perhaps I should have put a drop of super-glue on the rubber bushing, but too late. The bracket is off an Intrepid, to mount a prop valve.

Many MC's would work. Many people use 80-90's Dodge truck MC's, as posted. I used a 95-99 Breeze MC since I started with one. An MC w/ 2 ports and inverted flares is easiest. The adapter plate is $30 on ebay. A new Breeze MC is ~$25. I just saw another one on ebay, but already have a backup plus a rebuild kit. I wouldn't go over 1"D bore, and most people prefer 7/8" or 15/16"D. Even w/ power boost, you must be able to stop manually if it fails. I use DOT 5, so no more rust.

View attachment SAM_0257.jpg

View attachment SAM_0259.jpg

I use a Toyota truck master cylinder in my 64 Signet because it clears the headers substantially with room to spare and works excellent. Also was a snap to install without problems. BTW, it has front discs and do not use a proportioning valve as I removed it after this photo..

I used one off of an 80 volare that I had bought for another car, worked like a champ.

Just boutht it from autozone ,it has been working fine for about 10 years

Summit has the adapter in stock

-
Back