PLAYING IN THE SAND AGAIN. (pics)

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife and I took our grandson and his girlfriend to the 27th annual New River Beach Sand Sculpture contest yesterday. It marked the 13th time for us. It was a great day. About 77 degrees F no wind and the sun wasn't to strong with some high wispy clouds. We entered in the Group category and there were about 45 other groups. The rules are that you can start at 9am and the judge at 2:30pm. You can't use any glues of any sort and no paints or colouring of any kind. You can use props but they are frowned upon. I couldn't believe when my wife told me she wanted to do a Ratrod. Her idea, I'm still in shock. LOL We ended up winning our category but lost out to a friend of mine and his family who did am amazing Lion. I wish I had a pic of it to show you. Anyway, here are a few pics showing the process of building one of these things. You will see my sorry old *** in one of the pics and the grandson and his girlfriend as well. My wife decided to be camera shy this year. Hope you like them.

Jack

Attachments

• mini-DSCI0015.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 251
  • mini-DSCI0021.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 245
  • mini-DSCI0022.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 243
  • mini-DSCI0024.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 239
  • mini-DSCI0025.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 234
Thanks guy's. They announced that there were 8000 spectators there. Pretty good crowd for around here. It's a lot of work but it is fun. It sure was good to have a few cold ones back at the camp at the end of the day.

Jack

Job well dun Coyote Jack family :cheers: and congratulations =D>
WOW!! What a great day for you to remember :happy1:
Here is one I hold high for you as I stayed home on the hill yesterday :happy1:
a day on the hill alone, just Victoria and I getting cleaned up :D

Thank you for sharing and putting a big smile on my face my Canadian friend :happy1:

Attachments

• Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 076.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 164
WOW!!! looks like a lot of FUN don't know if we have something cool like that here.......

Enjoy ........................................ PETE .....................................

-
Back