Please just let him go now.

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. The cancer has spread from his neck, down through his lungs, around to the back side of his head and in his brain, and you can physically see it coming through his skin all the way down his chest and stomach. He has a lot of trouble breathing since the cancer has taken his neck, and it's slowly closing it, so as you sit there with him, all you can hear is large gasping noises, like every breath is a struggle. He is constantly throwing up bile, and cant seem to keep anything down. Not that he can even eat it, it's all put in through the tube inserted into his stomach. Then there are the hallucinations, where he calls me Chris, because he doesn't recognize me as his own son, but instead thinks I'm his brother. Fair enough though, I didn't see him for 10 years of my life, how ignorant could I be. Then when I finally do see him, he's got cancer and isn't going to make it. I guess 2 chemo's and more radiations than one human being can take isn't enough. Then he wanders out of the hospital, following his friends who are trying to kill him, begging them to let him live. Or Judge Judy, who is trying to shove him down a slot in the toaster, to burn him to death, so he doesn't sleep for days at a time, because he is afraid to fall asleep and have these nightmares. I hate to see him suffer like this. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. A drop of morphine every half hour, plus motrin mixed up and inserted in his stomach, plus steroids (which he asked not to have), plus extra shots of morphine, and still feeling the pain. It's just not fair. He shouldn't have to deal with this. Please just let him go now, please god, just let him be on his way. Please.

So sorry to hear this Mike.I dread the day my folks fall very ill.My prayers are sent to you and your family.

A very hard thing to go through. Stay with him and comfort him and soon a peace will come over him to pass on. It takes a hero to do this important duty...my prayers are with you.

So hard to reply to this Mike, I have been there more then one time brother, Prayers sent for no more suffering and let peace enter his mind and yours to.
And to all the loved one around you Mike. Stay strong Mike , you are there with him and I know it's hard. Prayers for peace, love and all the good days he has had and no more suffering. may the lord here your words Mike, and my prayers to.

Yea. I was relieved when my friend Shirley went (after 2 1/2 years of pain). Very sad but mostly relieved. And my mom too. This sucks!

Very sorry to hear this Mike. I will pray for his time to come and end the suffering for everyone.

Yea. I was relieved when my friend Shirley went (after 2 1/2 years of pain). Very sad but mostly relieved. And my mom too. This sucks!

This has me in tears right now,I have lost some friends even a 6 year old not mine tho but still its hard.Your doing a good job being there Mike,he will soon smile when God brings him home.I too will pray for his release from that dam painful grip.So please God take him NOW.I pray to ST Jude the miracle worker.

Hang in there man! Prayers are sent and I have been there more than once.

..............I've been there 3 times Mike.........it is the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life , so i know where your coming from.......My thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and the rest of your family.........lifes decisions are tough........hang in there buddy..........kim........

Mike I lost my grand mother on my mother's side to cancer yrs ago. I watched the whole process from being diagnosed to the time she passed. I wasn't there when she passed away but my mom was. She said that she heard the angel's wings when the angel come got her. I trust my mom wasn't telling a fib. So stay strong my friend!

Prayers sent.

My sympathies to you and yours. I've lost two cousins to cancer, one was 26, the other barely 18, and my sister to brain cancer a few years ago.

I know how you feel. Dads on his second round of chemo,first colon cancer and now lung cancer and its beating him down. It hurts so bad to see a once strong independent man beaten down to this extreme. Be strong, he will be comforted on the other side.Then we will be the ones left here with the pain. In our hearts. DD

Like many, i've had the unfortunate opportunity to see loved ones come to the threshold of life and their departure from THIS world only to know that my desire for them is to make certain they've had to opportunity to make things right with their maker so their future, wherever, will be all that we would want for them. Our prayers go out to you and yours.
Small Block

Prayers sent Mike, I also watched my mother slowly die from this terrible disease. She would not let the doctors remove her bladder and she said to me and my brothers and sister "I'll be dammed if I am going to live with a bag hanging from me" She did the Radiation and Chemotherapy but the cancer was too strong. She suffered for almost 2 yrs and died in 1996 only 3 weeks from her 63rd Birthday. Her passing was extremely hard on me and I am at peace with it knowing she is not suffering any longer. God will take your Dad when he is ready to. I know how much it cuts your heart to see him suffering, God dosen't want him to suffer either. He has a better plan for your Dad and there is a reason why he is still with you. Enjoy your time with him, talk to him, let him know it is ok to let go and go with God. My family's prayers go out to you my brother. Please stay strong and if you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask.- Tom

My Prayers go out to you and your mom. I myself has gone thru this . When my mom was terminal there was a group that helped me alot. It was called Hospice care. It is a group that will help you and your mom thru this time. It is a free system and I know they are all over the place. You can contact them and they really do help everyone deal with the process and they do understand.
Jim

I'm praying........So many others here as well, and many who won't necessarily write a response........But many prayers are going forth for him, for you and the family...........Hang in there, and like someone said before, he needs you to be a real hero right now.......Love him, stay with him, and just be there.

Blessings to ya'............ Doc

Always strange to see how there will be comfort in passing. Lucky with my folks, the end came quickly with no serious health issues, not the same with my inlaws. Brother in law passed away from ALS, Mother and father in law dementia and stroke. Both in assisted living now. Not much living to assist.

My sympathies.

Mike, this is the one of the toughest things you will ever go through in life. My prayers go out to both you and your dad for an ease to his pain and suffering.
I still remember what the doctor asked me to consider when my mom was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer: what benefit is quantity of life without quality of life?
Hang in there and be strong for as long as your dad is with you. Be strong for him. We all pray his suffering comes to an end soon. Peace to both of you.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. The cancer has spread from his neck, down through his lungs, around to the back side of his head and in his brain, and you can physically see it coming through his skin all the way down his chest and stomach. He has a lot of trouble breathing since the cancer has taken his neck, and it's slowly closing it, so as you sit there with him, all you can hear is large gasping noises, like every breath is a struggle. He is constantly throwing up bile, and cant seem to keep anything down. Not that he can even eat it, it's all put in through the tube inserted into his stomach. Then there are the hallucinations, where he calls me Chris, because he doesn't recognize me as his own son, but instead thinks I'm his brother. Fair enough though, I didn't see him for 10 years of my life, how ignorant could I be. Then when I finally do see him, he's got cancer and isn't going to make it. I guess 2 chemo's and more radiations than one human being can take isn't enough. Then he wanders out of the hospital, following his friends who are trying to kill him, begging them to let him live. Or Judge Judy, who is trying to shove him down a slot in the toaster, to burn him to death, so he doesn't sleep for days at a time, because he is afraid to fall asleep and have these nightmares. I hate to see him suffer like this. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. A drop of morphine every half hour, plus motrin mixed up and inserted in his stomach, plus steroids (which he asked not to have), plus extra shots of morphine, and still feeling the pain. It's just not fair. He shouldn't have to deal with this. Please just let him go now, please god, just let him be on his way. Please.
Mike,

you and your family will be in my daily prayers.

-
Back