PLYMOUTH letters

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
While going through some parts, I found a set of these PLYMOUTH letters. Any idea for what car they would be used for?

Attachments

• 646.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 268
Just a guess......maybe a PLYMOUTH? :farao:MT

Ah true, but what Plymouth car? I haven't had a Plymouth B Body (like the 70 Rainy posted a pic of), but have a 65 Barracuda and had a 65 Signet convertible and a 66 Barracuda. I don't remember buying these,, but that's what happens when you get old like me lol!

look like my 65 Barracuda's too. if they are not pitted, Im looking for some.

The number on the back of my P (from a 66 IIRC) is 2528974 in some microscopic font. These look perfect, better than what is on my 65 and are identical so I dont need another set after all.

They should have parts numbers on the back. That's a start.

Yes they do - I had to shine a light and use a magnifying glass. They read from 252 8974 on the "P" and go in accending order to 252 8981 for the "H". 65 or 66 Barracuda?

I was going to guess the front corner of the hood of a 68-69 fury III? They look small to me. Eric L

From what i recall 67 cuda was solid script on header panel, so thats out.

Those are for 65-6 Cudas and such! To tell whether the M is 65 or 66, look on the back, if the legs are straight accross for each other, they are 65, if they are staggered one top and one bottom it is a 66 "M"!!

Those are for 65-6 Cudas and such! To tell whether the M is 65 or 66, look on the back, if the legs are straight accross for each other, they are 65, if they are staggered one top and one bottom it is a 66 "M"!!
Looking at the shadows, it appears the studs are staggered.

Going by part number they are '65 Barracuda trunk letters and also ' 66 except for the "M" (2603 057 ).
They are also for the '66 Barracuda (& Valiant) hood except for the "M " and "O".

OK, these letters must be from a 66 as the pegs on the "M" are staggered. I must have bought them for this 66 I used to have. Now got to see if they fit my 65 or the spare trunk lid that came with the car. The trunk lid that's on the 65 has a bunch of little dings - I figure from a hail strike. The roof has a few as well :wack:

Interesting thing about the trunk lid that's on my 65 - no sign of any holes for the letters - nothing welded, no filler howing on the inside. The spare that came with the car when I bought it does have the holes and based on Cosgig's information about the "M" (which is staggered pins), the other trunklid is for a 65 and I'll use it to replace the dinged up one on the car..

For everyone who inquired about buying the letters, thanks for asking. They are NOT for sale and will be used on the spare trunklid.

-
Back