Ported Edelbrock Victor flow numbers

-
I talked to Joe yesterday afternoon and so far he’s talked to 2 or 3 cam manufacturers. looking at his flow numbers they are suggesting at least an .800 lift cam. We discussed the installed spring height issue you guys brought up and he told me that has already been addressed.
Does that get addressed just by using a longer valve?

With a std steel Comp retainer and std locks(741 & 611), and a .060 thick spring cup, the installed height is really close to 1.900.
Some “tall” retainers could gain upwards of another .050, and spring seats that are .035 thick will give you another .025.

If you have rockers that will clear a 1.640” spring, Manley 221424’s will work fine at .800” lift with a 1.950” installed height.

Last edited:
Yes-- but your word "just" makes this a two part answer. A longer valve is the only viable answer and then you must move the single shaft rocker system or even better just get a paired rocker shaft system like a Jesel/T&D. J.Rob

I can’t get into it to deep as it’s not my build. We shall see how it works out. I think we had a great discussion here on a head I never touched till a week ago

I can’t get into it to deep as it’s not my build. We shall see how it works out. I think we had a great discussion here on a head I never touched till a week ago

Ok but you can't lower the spring seat into the port--so sinking the valve a bunch is the only other way I can see. J.Rob

-
Back